Dark Veil 2

"Well, I'm not very good with romantic dinner dates or anything like that, so I was thinking something more competitive and fun. There's an activity centre near here, it has skating, bowling and loads of other stuff. Sound good?"

Last edited:
I pay at the counter and get my shoes, then go and set up our lane while Aions gets his shoes. We have the lane right at the end, away from the other people who could have annoyed us. I input our names, and set the bumpers to be down, since I doubt either of us will need them.

My first ball knocks down five pins, then the next only one, leaving us even. "Let's turn this into a competition," I suggest. "And the winner has to buy ice cream for the loser."

Last edited:
"Deal." I grin at her, and I roll the ball again. I hit eight on my first roll, leaving the last two pins on the opposite sides of each other. "Dang..." I roll it at the right pin, but it turns to the left and hits the other one.

I roll my ball, hitting six pins. The other ball misses the remaining balls completely. I curse under my breath.
"I'm going to get a drink while it's your turn, want anything?"

"Sure," I say, then walk over to one of the vending machines without taking his dollar. I put some of my own money in, and get a bottle of water and a bottle of 7up. Back at our lane, I give him the water, and open up my bottle.

Back