Dark Veil 2

I pay for the fire essence, and we walk to the liquor store where I find a big bottle full of alcohol.
"Let's hope we have some extra."

I get an iPhone, which is better but also more expensive than my last phone, then head back so I can try to brew a potion with the supplies I bought.

We get back to the house, and I take an iron bowl from the kitchen. I go upstairs and set it down on the table in a room that no one is in, and I wait for James to begin making the potion.

Grabbing a bowl, I mix all the ingredients together. When I pour in a few drops of Vodka, I add the fire potion and chug down the rest of the vodka in one. "It's done. And I think all that vodka has made me a little tipsy."

- - - Post Merge - - -

I nod. "I think I should get some-" my headache gets worse and I cut myself off.

Last edited:
I take all of my stuff into one of the empty bedrooms, sitting myself down on the floor. I take out a small cauldron that I just bought, and an alchemy book that has different potions in, then start to flick through the pages looking for the potion I'd read about a while back.

I take out a vial and pour the mixture in. I put a cap on the vial and shake it around, causing it's vivid colors to flare. I uncap the vial and hold up the ring, carefully pouring the potion into the small hole left on the top. I take out an extra piece of ice that I had not given James to reattach, and place it tightly in the hole. I stare into the ring as it's colors change from vermilion to fuchsia to cerulean, and back again.

I walk to go to the bathroom, and see James drunk. I walk in, knowing I have to have a serious talk with him. "James. You have to stop drinking. Your girlfriend is pregnant. Do you want to be a drunkard when you become a father?"

Back