Dark Veil 2

Running over to Alex, I place my hand on her wound to stop the blood and it soaks into my hand. She starts to grab at my clothes to pull herself up, but she just flops back down.

"I'm going to have to create a new eye for you, and replace all the muscles and other stuff. So if I pass out, which I probably will, lay me somewhere. It might hurt, so just grit your teeth, okay? I'll start once you're ready."

Last edited:
Picking up Alex, I run out the bank and decide to find Cindra. If she isn't around, we are going to have to go to the hospital... And I don't think they are going to welcome us back!

I brush his hair aside, and touch his forehead, closing my eyes. I imagine all the muscles and ligaments and tendons reforming, everything knitting together. I remember his eye color. Cyan.
When my work is done, my eyes open with a gasp, and I lean against a pole, breathing heavily. "You may not be able to see out of that eye, but it will move." I say.

"Oh gods." I whisper, feeling faint as I see James rushing towards me. "What now?"

I grunt in pain in the process, but when she is finished, it feels fine. Some of my vision is dark and cloudy. "Thank you, Cindra..."

"No problem Aions. Where exactly was she stabbed?" She's so bloody I can't see.

When Cindra is done with Aions' eye, I stand up and walk towards him. There's still blood on his face, but not a clearly visible wound. "Can you see from that eye?" I ask quietly, as I take out a tissue to wipe away some of the blood.

I run over to the warehouse, where I see everyone else. "Everyone, out here. We can't be identified by others."

I can't help but return the smile as I gently wipe his face clean with the tissue. Thank God nothing worse happened in there...

"The baby should be fine. It's her spine we should be worrying about. Did it go all the way through?"

Back