• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Did you name your islander after yourself?

Yes, I started using my real name for video games around two or three years ago. Before that, I always gave the avatars names that I thought sounded pretty. I really don't like my name, it feels weird to introduce myself or even just be addressed, so I hoped that using it more often would help with that. It didn't 😂

I believe I did on my very first island, but I have been using the name Boo for several iterations now! I feel I can be more creative if the character isn't exactly me.

Sort of. I'm going by Manah everywhere my legal name isn't required so you could consider it my "real" name by now.

Every time I give them a new name, I think of them like characters. On ACC underneath your username it has one of your town + character names and I noticed most people would just have their real names for their characters, so a lot of people over there call each other by their character names but seems like over here people mostly go by their usernames.

yes, i used to use “nat” but on my newest island i used my full name, natalie. it feels weird to use anything other than my real name because the character becomes less personal. technically i could use beanz because that is me and that’s how i have been known as on the internet for several years but idk how i would feel about it.

I always use my real name. I don't know why but I always want it so it's 'me' living there.

Sort of. It's more of a nickname that I gave myself. My first name is Alyson, and I named my islander Lys (A(Lys)on). There are times that I wish Nintendo would put in an option to change the name, but it's fine.

I am not too fond of my real name, but mostly I just use a different name for my characters in games because I think it is more fun. For my first island I called my character Kindheart, haha. And now I just call the character Z, mainly because I have reset so many times and got lazy when inputting the name.

The only time I named a character after me was when I was first playing city folk and used my real name for the character name. After that I have never named a character after me, I name them after an oc I have or whatever online name I was using most at that time.

Technically, yes! My RL name obviously isn't Lumos but I've used Lumos / Lumos Foxx as in game names/usernames for years! In a way, Lumos is my own name at this point, I've got friends in discord that I've known for years and years, and they refer to me as Lumos, Foxx, or L, even though they now know my real name

Yeah I did I’ve always named my ac characters after me

Yep, my name is Shawna in real life and I've always named my AC players as Shawna too ^^

I did since I had no idea what else to put but there is a name I like better. I don't want to delete all my progress to change it, so I made a villager exactly like me but with the name I like.

Back