• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Did you name your islander after yourself?

Yes I did, in most single player games i usually use my real name and if i make other characters i use a name i really love. or use my pets name lol

I use my ‘nickname’ for my characters, which is just a shorter version of my birth name as i Dont ever use that.

I did at one point but it felt creepy to have the villagers talking to my character with my name so I stopped using my name when I reset.

Nah, I pretty much have an OC at this point named Rose.
Whenever I play a simulation game like Animal Crossing or Stardew Vally I now always name and customise my character to Rose.

When I play action or high-fantasy games like Pokemon I go with another OC named Oceanwish (she's a shapeshifter).
It's kind of a recent thing.

Hello Just wondering if you named your islander after yourself, I honestly thought about doing it but went with my oc's name Rina which I use all the time.
i did, but now i want to change it because i don’t want it to be that :(
i wish there was an option to change it

I used my real nickname and named my island after my husband Randy because he got me the game for me for our anniversary. I even made an avatar of him and my little toddler too. We all live happily together on my wonderful island.💕💕💕🥰

I didn't because yeah

I did for this island. The one I had before I had named my character Mallow which is a name I use a lot in games if I don’t want to use my real name. But then I lost that island when I got a new switch and I had to restart and I decided to just go with my real name

I always give my town a unique name and use a new name for each character. I like to think of them as different people. In NH though it's just Star after my username.

Over on ACC under your username/profile pic it displays your town name and character name and I noticed that almost everyone consistently used their real name, to the point that a lot of people over there call each other by the name listed there instead of their username.

I have since new leaf. I was very young and had no other reason to think that they aren’t me, or atleast my conscience has absorbed into the game. I don’t think I’ll ever change it in the future.

I did! my chosen name at least, i no longer go by my birthname and its very validating to have my villagers call me Gene :blush:

Mine is my irl nickname, so yes. I use Jules for most gaming character names too if I'm not using dizzy bone or dzbn.

I used my real name as I was just so happy I could fit my 9 lettered name haha because I could not fit my name in New Leaf and it annoyed me for years !!!!
this!! ahh, I could never fit my whole name for characters for the longest time and NH having room made me so happy lol this worked out ok for most of my childhood/teen years because I hated my full name and preferred my nickname, but got frustrating in more recent years when I finally started really liking it

that said, I do usually use either my own name or my nickname. it may not be me, but I like being referred to by my name/nickname even in games. for the longest time I didn't have a cute alias I'd take to, it's really only in the last year that I have one, and I'm not very creative haha so my own name has fine with me!

I like using Rei, which is very similar to a shortened version of my name, but which I feel fits my cute little island rep better than my real name. I think of my little rep as more of an in game stand in for myself, rather than as an independent character.

I considered using an online username/ account name that I often use. But I am glad I didn’t because I interact with irl friends on ACNH too, who don’t need to know my tumblr/ AO3 name

Wow, I didn't know I was in such minority here. I LOVE playing as myself, even as a full adult! Lol. So yes I do name after myself. On the rare chance that I don't on games, I use my middle name.

Edit: after the 2nd page, I realized it's not so much the minority lol. Still my answer stands!

Back