• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Did you name your islander after yourself?

I always use the name Angelcat, my online name for many sites. Not enough space for the numbers though. My villagers usually call me Angel. (Angel was a calico cat I had years ago. She had wing shaped markings on her back.) I never use my real name.

I did and I regret it now tbh because I stream. I've put like 500+ hours into this game so I've made peace with my audience knowing my real first name 😂

nope - I used my go-to IGN name Rika which is what I had used in previous AC games as well

I did! It's always been my AC tradition but it feels awkward sometimes because most people know me as Sol! So they ask who is [my name]. hhaha

Since I usually play as my "player/self-insert" or "player stand-in" on games with female avatar option, I've only used my username ever since I've played Club Penguin and Minecraft as a kid years ago.

Island Paco, nope… Island Francisco, nope…

It just don't sound right…

Nope. I have 5 islanders and none have my name. Each islander is a character I created. They aren’t me or dress like me, so they don’t receive my name.

It's kinda nice to see I'm not alone in not using my own name for my avatars.
I'm not a huge fan of my actual name, so any chance I get to use another, I'm all for it.

Funny story- when I started my game, I put no thought at all into what my name or my island name would be, so I kinda made it up on the spot. I love the show "New Girl" so I chose Jess for my name. And my island- I thought maybe of making some reference to my favorite musician and that's the best I could come up with on such short notice 🤷

I use my real name since half of the appeal of Animal Crossing for me is being able to self insert myself into the game. My first name is common too, so privacy isn't a concern.

It may not be my name on legal paperwork but as far as I'm concerned, yes I'm using my real name.

I did. I go about half and half naming characters after myself. Some AC games I have used my name, and sometimes I use a made up name I sometimes use in games. Sometimes I also use my cats' names, but this time around I went with my own. I have ended up really liking it, and it makes the game and my town feel more like my own.

Back