Do you listen to Podcasts?

Do you listen to Podcasts?

• Yes

Votes: 60 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 46.4%

• Total voters
Even though my commute is like 20 minutes one way, I enjoy listening to podcasts on the way home and as I do other activities. Most of the ones I'm subscribed to are gaming adjacent since that's like my primary interest and I find it difficult to find other non-crappy groups if I'm not "entrenched" in a random/hobby like I am with gaming.

Podcasts I generally listen to weekly:
Waypoint Radio - Gaming from Waypoint/VICE [1-? Hour runtimes]

365 with Mxmtoon - Short history/fact/trivia? of the day picked by the singer/streamer/blank Mxmtoon followed by usually today in Music History and an audio description of a previous day in her life [usually 9 mins tops]

GoCast Podcast - Pokemon Go specific, usually news of the week stuff with PvP tips and a mailbag [1 hour runtimes generally]

Kinda Funny Games Daily - Monday through Friday gaming news discussion [1 hour]

Every other week/I don't always keep up with weekly:
A More Civilized Age - kind of an off shoot from Waypoint Radio, two of the current hosts, a former host and their friend rewatch Star Wars The Clone Wars (2008) TV series starting with A Phantom Menace, The Clone Wars (2003), The Clone Wars (2008) Movie and then eventually get to The Revenge of the Sith. It's ongoing still. [2 to 3 hour runtimes at least lmao]

NPR's Code Switch - https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510312/codeswitch I'll defer to their website because I don't feel like I could do that team justice in trying to describe their work.

The Sporkful - Usually just fun topics about food

Sawbones/The Adventure Zone/MBMBAM - And then yeah I follow some of the McElroy family's podcasts, I usually enjoy their works.

I don't listen to any podcasts these days. I've listened to a couple in the past, and they definitely can be interesting depending on the people talking or the subject(s) being talked about, but I haven't really gone out of my way to find any podcasts to listen to in years.

Yeah, I love having them playing while I'm playing ACNH. It's relaxing. Especially when I'm listening to an animal crossing podcast channel :)

i love long videos on youtube but i can't bear anything that's not edited or scripted. i get bored too easily if people are just rambling or stay silent for a while. the two podcasts i tried to watch were unedited and unscripted but tbh i don't know if them all are. if anyone knows one that's not i'd love to know.

i love long videos on youtube but i can't bear anything that's not edited or scripted. i get bored too easily if people are just rambling or stay silent for a while. the two podcasts i tried to watch were unedited and unscripted but tbh i don't know if them all are. if anyone knows one that's not i'd love to know.
I'd recommend the following, they're pretty much all edited and you can listen to most of them for free:

This American Life (various well-told and unexpected nonfiction stories...in terms of quality, it's probably the best thing out there for podcast/radio)
Mystery Show with Starlee Kine (fun show where the host gets to the bottom of eccentric mysteries!)
Your Own Backyard Podcast (murder mystery, great quality/editing, respectful and sympathetic to subject)
Serial (offshoot of This American Life that focuses on investigative journalism)
Reply All (internet mysteries...this one is a little more casual with less editing, but they tend to stay on topic)

I only listen to a couple podcasts. Usually while I mow the lawn, or when I'm walking somewhere. I used to listen to TalkisJericho, which is a podcast by professional wrestler Chris Jericho. But, certain political opinions and conspiracy theory grooming from him actually made me stop a few months back.

Now I listen to 'WTF' with Marc Maron, and 'Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend'. Both of which are hilarious, upbeat, and always featuring interesting guests. When the time is right, I also like to listen to the O.T.I.S (Odd Things I've Seen) podcast during the fall months. Always has a nice spooky vibe.

Yes I do and mostly I listen to topics that talk about current Gaming News, Events that are going on in the world, and other topics that relate to my interests like movies for example. Podcasts are so great so I can listen to them while I'm playing my game in the background or doing anything else because it gets rid of the boredom.

I put yes, but I haven’t had a chance to sit down and listen to podcasts in months. It’s hard to listen to anything over a shrieking baby. My favorites podcasts are:
Lore
Love to Sew
Stuff You Missed in History Class
Reply All (before the scandal and hiatus)

Last edited:
Yes! I love listening while I drive or while cooking/cleaning/crocheting. The only two I really listen to are Not Another DnD Podcast and Dark History. NADDPOD was my first DnD podcast and none of the others I've tried have ever come close to it. So, I just listen to the one.

Then, for Dark History, I've loved Bailey Sarian's videos for a while now, so I was super excited for her podcast.

I'm interested in listening to more podcasts about true crime and paranormal things, but I haven't found good ones yet. I'm gonna look through this thread for mentions of some though 👀

I just recently got into podcasts... or well podcast since I only listen to one. I've been enjoying 'Trash Taste' for a couple of weeks and I really love the chemistry between the 3 main hosts, there's never a dull moment and they're hilarious. I have been considering finding some educational podcasts for a while now, it's just a matter of doing research and finding the right ones.

I do sometimes unintentionally listen to 'Snacks Daily' because of my SO listening to it, and as the name implies it's a short 15-20 minute podcast. If I remember correctly, they talk about the stock market.

Like @Bluelady, I'm also equipped with a shrieking baby, lol. 😂
My favorites for playing during household activities:

Ask Me Another (nerdy trivia)

The Moth or Storycorps (poignant storytelling)

Overdue (hilarious book reports from two guys who read the book in a week)

Ear Hustle (about life in prison, and is incredibly well produced)

Some of them will come with a content warning so I will save them for running or headphones or after the offspring are asleep, but I rarely have time / energy to get to them. I almost wish I was commuting again.

Not a fan of the format. I'd rather listen to the radio, like NPR or just some music station or morning show. I prefer to read nonfiction rather than listen to it, for the most part.

The only podcasts I really listen to at the moment are podcasts for Spanish learners, specifically ¡Cuéntame!, How to Spanish, and Chill Spanish Listening Practice. I used to listen to podcasts for Korean learners as well, such as Talk To Me In Korean, Hangugeo con AngDuck, and TAYONI's Korean Podcast. I do think I'd like to try listening to more podcasts, maybe a true crime podcast or something~

I like to listen to MrBallen's podcasts. The strange, dark and mysterious; but also Medical mysteries.

Yeah I listen to a Pokemon Podcast called it’s super effective. There’s always Pokemon news or at least something interesting for the hosts to discuss and they make it fun. I like that’s there’s a new episode every week as well.

I listen to podcasts more than music now. I still like to listen to music from time to time but when it comes to places like YouTube I find myself listening to podcasts more.

Back