Do you prefer your days off to be consecutive?

Do you prefer your days off to be consecutive?

• Yes. I want my days off to be in a row.

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • I prefer to have a break in between days that I work.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I don't have a preference.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I don't have a choice in the occupation I work.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
This may be irrelevant if you're in high school as that leaves you no choice, but do you prefer your days off to be consecutive?

I work four days a week, totaling about 42 hours. I like my days off not to be consecutive. That gives me a break in between shifts. Ideally, I don't work for more than two days in a row. On occasion I'll work three in a row, but no more than that. They're very accommodating with the schedule, so I don't typically have to work so many days in a row.

There are a few people I know that prefer having their four days in a row so they can be off for three straight. I'm not one of them.

I like have them in a row to an extent.

More than 10 days off for a vacation I’m coming to realize is too much for me lol It’s too hard to adjust back to work after

But I LOVE 3 day weekends and prefer them to having a random day off in the middle of the week. The difference between how rested I feel between a 2 and 3 day weekend is huge. Plus then I can travel a bit :lemon:

Hmm I think I like them being consecutive. I work four ten hour shifts so I get Friday-Sunday off and it always kinda feels like the Friday doesn't even count since I'm so tired from the rest of the week. It's nice to be able to have one of those days to just rest or take care of appointments or errands if I need and have the full weekend to do whatever I want.

I do like how having a day off in the middle of the week makes the week feel shorter though. Ideally I would have Friday-Sunday and also Wednesday off without having to work more hours or make less money :lemon:

There was a time when I worked four days a week, 10 hours a day. I got to choose my extra day off and I picked Wednesday. Everybody else on the four day work week wanted Monday or Friday, but I was very happy with my break in the middle of the week. It felt just right because 10 hour days can be draining. I had my day off in the middle to catch up on some sleep, relax, go to appointments and take care of personal business that I couldn't do while at work. Then I still had the whole weekend to fully enjoy.

I really loved that schedule, but sadly the company I work for doesn't offer it anymore.

Yeah, I don't work on weekends and I prefer it that way. I used to have to work on Saturdays or Sundays in the past, but no more!

My days off are always weekends, but it's definitely my preference to have consecutive days!

Omg yes!!!!! It’s rare these days for me to have 2 days off since I’ve typically been working 6 day weeks as often as I can, but on the norm, I have off Thursdays and Fridays.

I also then have a technically second job hosting crafting events at a restaurant in their private dining room and I usually do those once every couple of months or so. I just did a fall wreath making class last Friday. And this month I will be doing a pumpkin painting and wine class on Thursday, October 17th and then Halloween wreath making class on Friday, October 18th. I’m super excited to do both of those!!! I put a lot of time finding all the materials I need to do those during the day leading up to my event classes. But so far they’ve been very successful and they keep asking me to do more lol!

yeah i very much prefer consecutive days off! Having 1 day off inbetween my working days doesn't feel much like a break to me LOL

right now my days off are not consecutive; I work two days, day off, work three days, day off, repeat. and I honestly prefer that over having two days off and then working five days in a row.

I also voted that I don't have a choice. when I got my job I only had a say in what time I worked (afternoons), though even there I got lucky because I basically had first pick. but I didn't get to choose my days off, they were chosen per the needs of the library. and I'm fine with that.

I used to not really have a preference, or if I did, it was to fit the situation. Now, I don’t have a choice because I’m a stay-at-home-mom, so I don’t have days off. I especially don’t have any off now that I’m homeschooling on top of just being home with Nicholas. I don’t remember what days off feel like anymore haha, and I am not exaggerating. That said, I wouldn’t change my life for anything 💖

my job doesn't give the choice of alternating, but i work a bog standard office job with the whole 9-5 schedule. so it doesn't really matter. that said, when i worked retail and food service, i definitely preferred having a stretch of time off rather than alternating.

I like them consecutive so I can plan activities. I take a while to wind down and get into "oh I'm FREE" mode, so in-between off days don't do anything for me. I just spend them in a weird headspaceof "omg I HAVE TO relax now because I need to work tomorrow" and that's not enjoyable.

I wish I could choose my days off. I've a health condition that would really benefit from a break mid-week.

I work in a high school and I'm the only person in my role, so I've no flexibility in my schedule. I work Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:15pm.

Luckily for my job I can choose my available days. I have a pretty good schedule where I always have a day or two off between my shifts and never work consecutive days. I feel a lot more motivated at work when I know I don't have to come in the next day :) I work Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only

Consecutive is key for me. I need to feel like I'm away from my job for a few days. And having one day off before going back to work doesn't feel right with me.

I'll never bring that up though as I heard my manager and an associate talking smack about someone who wanted two days off in a row.

Back