• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Do you think animal tracks will return?

If you don't play accf in a while, your town loses all the grass
this doesn't happen

No, if you don't play the grass doesn't change at all.
yes

No, you just get weeds
yes

No, I haven't played in my cf town in a year. I went back and saw no grass.
don't know why this happened

That's not how grass works. Don't know why that happened to you.
true

After seeing the new trailer I don't think animal tracks will return. Yu can see mud surrounding buildings lakes bridges customized outdoor decor like the lampposts, so I don't think animal tracks will make a return this time.

Hoping it's this..:)

Even If there are animal tracks back you can reduce them by STOPPING RUNNING and enjoying the scenery BTW this games gonna look great on a 3DS-XL

Even If there are animal tracks back you can reduce them by STOPPING RUNNING and enjoying the scenery BTW this games gonna look great on a 3DS-XL

If animal tracks does return, it's not gonna be nearly as bad as it was when CF was released. we're much more aware about them so we're obvs gonna take care this time around

If animal tracks does return, it's not gonna be nearly as bad as it was when CF was released. we're much more aware about them so we're obvs gonna take care this time around

this, if the problem with animal tracks is still present/buggy in the game they can always release a patch. like with mario kart 7

Yeah, it's great if they already have it programmed in, bu it's definitely not something to hold the game back though.(Holidays, bugs, fish, fossils, events, stores, frniture, decorations, house upgrades, characters, etc.) are stuff to hold back the release for imo.

I'm hoping they do use patches for AC3DS, though i doubt they'd patch Animal Tracks

Even If there are animal tracks back you can reduce them by STOPPING RUNNING and enjoying the scenery

This. I don't know how many times I've said this, even in this thread.
It's funny. You run probably not even half as fast as you walk, it takes like a fraction of a second longer to walk somewhere in AC than it does to run.
Again, the tracks aren't the problem. The problem is the people.

I kinda miss being able to mindlessly wander around my town (like in WW) without a nagging voice in the back of my mind screaming at me for destroying grass. But the paths do look nice, and its pretty easy to manage. A large problem people had was that they didnt know until the grass got really damaged(which happened to me). IF we are aware of this for AC3DS, then we will set up paths right away and our grass will be fine. The only thing I worry about is that i'm sure I miss fossils only sticking to the paths.

If we slow down the grass deterioration, speed up the grass growth, and only have grass damaged once per day(not once per loadup) paths will be quite hard to create and become almost obsolete.

It's also been mentioned that it would be useful for the rain to give the grass growth a bump in speed.
So say that normally, grass growth would be +5. On a rainy day, it would get bumped up to +10, making the grass grow twice as fast as it normally would.

Personally, I like the tracks, it was a great idea and works well if you use the function properly. But my gripe with it is like above, the grass grows back way too slow. If you can leave your game for three days and come back with weeds growing in your town, why can't the grass grow quicker?
But like n00srac said, if we're aware of it beforehand we'll know to be cautious.
Also to help you with your fossil problem, I would make my paths intersect. So instead of having one or two paths that went from A to B, I had it so all of my paths connected in a sort of deformed grid to cover areas where there was nothing but open space.

It's also been mentioned that it would be useful for the rain to give the grass growth a bump in speed.
So say that normally, grass growth would be +5. On a rainy day, it would get bumped up to +10, making the grass grow twice as fast as it normally would.

Personally, I like the tracks, it was a great idea and works well if you use the function properly. But my gripe with it is like above, the grass grows back way too slow. If you can leave your game for three days and come back with weeds growing in your town, why can't the grass grow quicker?
But like n00srac said, if we're aware of it beforehand we'll know to be cautious.
Also to help you with your fossil problem, I would make my paths intersect. So instead of having one or two paths that went from A to B, I had it so all of my paths connected in a sort of deformed grid to cover areas where there was nothing but open space.

I really like this, I hope it happens

yes i like this. Hopefully different types of weather conditions can have either a positive/negative effect on the growth of grass.

yes i like this. Hopefully different types of weather conditions can have either a positive/negative effect on the growth of grass.

Not too much, though. Otherwise everyone would be screwed come winter when the snow falls and kills all of the grass. lol

Not too much, though. Otherwise everyone would be screwed come winter when the snow falls and kills all of the grass. lol

well with snow it actually just covers over the grass so you don't really see it anyway during winter. I'm thinking of everyday weather conditions like maybe sunny and rain which have positive effects on grass while serious conditions like maybe hail and storms can slow down grass growth. There can also be neutral conditions like cloudy, fog, windy etc.

IDK if this was already said, but maybe sprinklers to play in for when it's hot and to help growth of grass?

IDK if this was already said, but maybe sprinklers to play in for when it's hot and to help growth of grass?

yes that's already been said, I think it's a fine idea just as long as it doesn't water wilted flowers or red turnips, because I enjoy watering wilted flowers and turnips.

I think it's a fine idea just as long as it doesn't water wilted flowers or red turnips, because I enjoy watering wilted flowers and turnips.
Love watering to. But if there is like a flower I don't even want a chance of dying/wilting if I didn't get on the game for like a week I would put a sprinkler by it.

This. I don't know how many times I've said this, even in this thread.
It's funny. You run probably not even half as fast as you walk, it takes like a fraction of a second longer to walk somewhere in AC than it does to run.
Again, the tracks aren't the problem. The problem is the people.

But walking still hurt the grass, whether you like it or not. Just not as fast as running.

Back