• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Do you wish your main island had only one season?

maybe not one season, but i wish i could skip winter. the harsh white ground and color that the trees turn makes the game almost unplayable for me.

though, i think, if i had to choose a season to keep my island in, it would have to be spring! specifically, when the cherry blossoms are in bloom!

for my previous design, i would have loved if it stayed in the spring or autumn time but for this current design, i don’t think i really mind the different seasons! i’ll have to see how i feel about it during winter though…

if anything, i wish i could keep my island during a specific time of day! would prefer if it stayed in the evening to nighttime so that things can have the sunset look or have things lit up and glowing during the night hehe 💫

I would love for it to stay in cherry blossom season or in the fall leaves season

I don't really care for the other seasons that we have, aside from the times we get torrential downpour with lightning

Autumn is my favorite season and I absolutely adore it. There is certainly an appeal to the idea of having the Autumnal color scheme with the different colored leaves.

Winter is my second favorite season and, seemingly contrary to popular opinion at least here on the forums, I actually like the ground being covered in snow for months. I like building the Snowboy, though I wish the rest of the family (Snowman, Snowmam, and Snowtyke) were included in New Horizons as well; I really miss Snowman Bingo. I can see a polar island that's perpetually in Winter being a neat concept that appeals to me too.

However, at the end of the day, I don't really like the idea.

The change in seasons brings different bugs, fish, deep sea creatures and activities that keep the gameplay fresh, or at least as fresh as is possible for a 4 year old game. Staying in one season would come at the cost of too many other aspects of the game. The concept seems neat at first, but I feel like it would quickly become boring and lose its appeal. If every day was Christmas, it would become mundane and unremarkable; you'd stop caring and probably start to resent it. It's better for the things we like to cycle out naturally and return later. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Sometimes, but then again I like switching up some of my island decor as the seasons change so that they match.. I think if I had to pick one season, I'd stick with summer since I want a tropical-feeling island!

No, my first time going through the winter season in this game was hard. It was fun at first, but it just felt more bland than I remembered it being in previous games. Everything being covered in a monotone white bore me.

Sometimes! I love how the trees look during cherry blossom season and the fall aesthetics too I love so part of me would like the trees to always look like how they do during cherry blossom season (the funny thing is I don’t like pink; the trees just look so pretty regardless and I love the petals falling). Winter I enjoy a lot because of the snowflakes and snowboys.

I agree with what Halloqueen said! Each season does keep the gameplay fresh (summer I’m least fond of aside from the appearance of sharks and the stags (like the golden stag).

I do wish winter was a little shorter, or at least give us back all the snow people and have more things we can do in the snow.
Like lil events or activites we can do with our villagers, like snow fights. I can imagine snow fights could be your villagers asking for a snowfight like how they used to ask us to play hide and seek (Nintendo bring it back), or a villager randomally smacks you into the head with one before they ask.

And I wish spring was longer, espically the blossom season.

I think I would like more to stay in autumn since everything looks amazing in that season.

I like having the different seasons for gameplay wise, i like how the gimmick works where the seasons match where you are, and like some people said it might get a little bit boring being the same all the time. I understand it though with some themed islands, especially when decorating with seasonal items that tend to look best during those times, but in that case saving that time with a dream address works for that i think?

Back