• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

If it's anything like new leaf, everything will just become more expensive. More members will mean more TBT in circulation so people will be willing to pay more as it will be easier to come by

Prices may go up when there’s more in circulation, but if I remember back in January when we were talking about if collectibles will ever cost as much as they once did, part of the reason why collectibles were so high-priced was because there weren’t very many collectibles to begin with. But now that collectibles are no longer as rare as they used to be, and that some sets like the eggs have more variety, collectibles may not be crazily expensive as they used to be. Some like Glow Wands and Pok?balls may be an exception, but for stuff like eggs, people are more interested into making interesting sidebars rather than taking rare collectibles for high prices.

If it's anything like new leaf, everything will just become more expensive. More members will mean more TBT in circulation so people will be willing to pay more as it will be easier to come by

I bet that definitely will be the case considering the principles of supply & demand (depending on the collectibles, the prices could change dramatically due to limited supply). I feel like certain collectibles will retain close to their current values though like the White, Black, & Rad Feathers because they are already up there and I doubt they will increase that much more where they are currently unless the market goes absolutely crazy. I think the biggest question though is which collectibles are truly going to be in demand with the AC Switch crowd. Sure, there will be returning members who will find older collectibles more appealing, but the new people are the biggest unknown factor since there should be tons of new people especially since the Switch is popular and Animal Crossing is at a all-time high in popularity. The future of the TBT Market is quite exciting indeed when you think about it! :D

To those who have been on this site longer than me, how drastic does TBT inflation tend to be here? I don't notice anyone talking about it, but it seems like it would be inevitable with such a large influx of new/returning users.

To those who have been on this site longer than me, how drastic does TBT inflation tend to be here? I don't notice anyone talking about it, but it seems like it would be inevitable with such a large influx of new/returning users.

It varies, when pokeballs first released, they went for a few hundred TBT (I've been told), but after about 1-2 years, they went up to 20k-25k. Popsicles went from going from 200 tbt to about 4k TBT in 2 or 3 months back in 2015. Pinwheels have dropped from 40k TBT to around 20k (I think).

The majority of collectibles don't actually go through drastic inflation, and I don't really think we have enough "data" to really predict how things will inflate/deflate!

Edit: Realizing now that I basically only talked about collectible inflation, which is different than how TBT will inflate with the new members, they're related but I think MasterM64 answered your question better than I did. Although I still feel like it's something we aren't able to predict :p

Last edited:

Even though I didn't really pay attention to the TBT economy until recently, I do know that TBT was inflated regularly due to welcome TBT from new members, but they unfortunately had to remove it due to people abusing the system. :/ Due to that, inflation is much slower now and it only really picks up during events when TBT is given out as prizes and when people have birthdays (I think people still get birthday TBT?). Once more members return and new members start showing, you are correct in assuming that inflation will definitely occur since there will be more TBT in circulation including TBT that was brought into circulation back when inflation was more rampant. As someone who owns a large shop, I am very curious and excited to see what happens to the market in the future (especially curious to see how active it will be and how rarity of certain collectibles will change [like Ice Cream Swirls and Popsicles])! :)

^^^There is still birthday TBT, but I think it's in the amount of 70-100 bells. Not a whole lot.

I'm also interested in seeing how the market changes when AC Switch is released. I have a lot of collectibles that I might be willing to sell to get ones I want (like the kirby egg). Though in a way it also feels nice to have collectibles that are in high demand, so idk. I also can't wait for future events, I'd like to see any new collectibles the staff comes up with :p

^^^There is still birthday TBT, but I think it's in the amount of 70-100 bells. Not a whole lot.

I'm also interested in seeing how the market changes when AC Switch is released. I have a lot of collectibles that I might be willing to sell to get ones I want (like the kirby egg). Though in a way it also feels nice to have collectibles that are in high demand, so idk. I also can't wait for future events, I'd like to see any new collectibles the staff comes up with :p

That's good to know! That definitely means that it is possible that a decent chunk of TBT is being introduced to the economy collectively each day just by birthdays (could be thousands potentially seeing how many members we have)! :eek: I am quite excited to see what the Staff come up with as well, especially for the upcoming Easter event! :D I also am curious to see which Easter eggs they bring back and retire this year! :)

I also am curious to see which Easter eggs they bring back and retire this year! :)

I'm actually super hyped for the Easter event this year. I hope they bring back some old favorites, or even introduce some new ones! Hopefully they don't retire the ones they just released, I'd like another shot at them.

Honestly the last Easter event kinda irritated me because I was really close to getting the egg that turned into a disco ball egg. I know that was probably because last year Easter fell on April 1st. It was especially upsetting because last year was the first year I participated in the egg hunt on this forum. Maybe I'll have better luck this time around.

I doubt you will ever see some of the crazy prices of past again, like 40k Pokeballs. Welcome bells are a big factor, but there have been other contributing factors too that are less discussed, like ABD interest before it was disabled. It was possible for some of the wealthiest users to generate up to 100 TBT every day through their ABD interest.

I'm actually super hyped for the Easter event this year. I hope they bring back some old favorites, or even introduce some new ones! Hopefully they don't retire the ones they just released, I'd like another shot at them.

Honestly the last Easter event kinda irritated me because I was really close to getting the egg that turned into a disco ball egg. I know that was probably because last year Easter fell on April 1st. It was especially upsetting because last year was the first year I participated in the egg hunt on this forum. Maybe I'll have better luck this time around.

It's definitely going to be interesting for sure my friend, hopefully they will bring back some of the rarer ones from last year before retiring them completely. Even though retiring collectibles has its disadvantages, it is part of the collectibility of them (which helps retain their value as well) and it also promotes creativity of new ones as well! :) This year will be my first time participating some I am definitely excited for sure and I hope you have very good luck this time as well! :D

I doubt you will ever see some of the crazy prices of past again, like 40k Pokeballs. Welcome bells are a big factor, but there have been other contributing factors too that are less discussed, like ABD interest before it was disabled. It was possible for some of the wealthiest users to generate up to 100 TBT every day through their ABD interest.

I didn't realize the ABD used to accumulate interest (even though it makes sense), but that definitely could explain inflation as well when you have hundreds of members doing that.

And there’s another contributing factor - the username change exploit. Although it didn’t help make TBT like the others did, the fact that you guys took action on that issue caused the amount of currency to drop even more.

I didn't realize the ABD used to accumulate interest (even though it makes sense), but that definitely could explain inflation as well when you have hundreds of members doing that.

Oh yeah, and it really sucks that people abused the system. It seems like a nice way to earn a little extra tbt but yeah in practice, it really doesn't work on this forum, or really any forum with this kind of capitalist market.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And there’s another contributing factor - the username change exploit. Although it didn’t help make TBT like the others did, the fact that you guys took action on that issue caused the amount of currency to drop even more.

I still can't believe that so many people participated in that. I remember someone on here who had like -3.1k bells because of it. Craziness.

I still can't believe that so many people participated in that. I remember someone on here who had like -3.1k bells because of it. Craziness.
I know. I remember some users wondered why there’s a limit on username changes and why they can’t change their username after they did it five times. But there never was a limit on username changes. I found out the answer in 2017 when I learned there was a glitch involving username changes.

I don’t know if I should sell my “assorted collectibles” or not. If I do, I’m only keeping half of them (Tetris Grid being one of them since I am forced to keep it), maybe 3/4th. But this was the best looking sidebar I ever had, and if I sell them, I can’t expect to get them back. But then again, I did wish that I got up to 20,000 TBT, and I have enough collectibles to get up to that amount.

Should I sell them? I’ll still have half of them, but at least I got my famous apple collectibles that I am reluctant to sell.

meanwhile, I made a grand total of 1.45 bells through interest before it was disabled

is there anything against posting who this was? I'm actually somewhat curious

I don?t know if I should sell my ?assorted collectibles? or not. If I do, I?m only keeping half of them (Tetris Grid being one of them since I am forced to keep it), maybe 3/4th. But this was the best looking sidebar I ever had, and if I sell them, I can?t expect to get them back. But then again, I did wish that I got up to 20,000 TBT, and I have enough collectibles to get up to that amount.

Should I sell them? I?ll still have half of them, but at least I got my famous apple collectibles that I am reluctant to sell.

donate me the pokeball at least, thanks

- - - Post Merge - - -

also, on the subject of the pokeball...

pokeball-moon.png

there. thank me later

Last edited:
I’m storing extra TBT in my ABD so my balance remains to be an increment of 1,000 TBT.

And the “assorted” sale is working. I just have to use patience to sell the Pok?ball. It worked with the Christmas feathers. It’ll work well here. The reason why I chose to sell it for 18k is because not only I can get past 20k TBT, but also 30k TBT. It’s more than just the wealth I’m after. I’m also doing this to make the site more interesting for me, as a way to wait for the next AC game to come out. If we don’t get it this year, I’m very sure that we’ll get it next year.

Last edited:
I’m storing extra TBT in my ABD so my balance remains to be an increment of 1,000 TBT.

And the “assorted” sale is working. I just have to use patience to sell the Pok?ball. It worked with the Christmas feathers. It’ll work well here. The reason why I chose to sell it for 18k is because not only I can get past 20k TBT, but also 30k TBT. It’s more than just the wealth I’m after. I’m also doing this to make the site more interesting for me, as a way to wait for the next AC game to come out. If we don’t get it this year, I’m very sure that we’ll get it next year.

i loved your all apples line up lol

i loved your all apples line up lol

I may eventually get back to that. The apples want their pride back. But at least they’ll get some toys to play with, such as:

- Tetris mini-arcade game
- Chocolate cake plush
- Plastic pumpkin cupcake play kit
- Light-up flower wand
- Eevee plush (with egg container)
- Blue rose flashlight

Back