• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

Would be a shame if this would be true, because then we wouldn't be able to see Zipper T. Bunny's
beautiful face at the banner again...

What is Easter without spinning zipper heads, raining zipper heads, and growing and shrinking zipper heads with weird legs?

I had a passing thought just now, maybe instead of relying on collectible pricing guides, we should have someone make a collectible tier list instead- similar to the old tiers in the Villager Trading Plaza (Not sure if anyone upkeeps one right now).

That way, whoever runs it wouldn't need to record all sale data, that seems really stressful and typically becomes too much for just one person. I also think it would solve some issues, like if a collectible hasn't been sold in years, there is no recent sale data to accurately set a price for it. By making a tier list based off of rarity (Comparing amount of people [Buying] vs people [Selling]; Basing off of threads such as "What is your dream collectible"; on top of actual sale data in threads and number of that collectible sold), we can have around 10-15 collectibles per tier and supply a range of bells (i.e. Average 10k-20k TBT for Tier One collectibles) which would allow sellers to choose where in that average price they would want to base their selling price off of, if they wanted to follow it.

To keep the tier bumped and searchable, in the comments people could comment recent sale prices like in previous guides, or they could comment on which collectibles they think deserve to move up and down on the tier list and why, so the community could help the thread owner to dictate the price averages.

I also think it'll help if inflation/deflation happens, as the tier list wouldn't follow previous sale data from like 2016 for Pinwheels when bells were much more prominent. My main thinking is that we should base collectible prices off of collectibles of similar rarity, and by grouping together collectibles in tiers, it'll make things so much easier to understand as both a buyer and seller, instead of holding out and feeling like you payed too much or sold for too little because we're basing prices off of super old sales sometimes.

I feel like I've personally been making a lot of collectible threads recently, but I think we're in an interesting time to try out new threads like this that could work better and make things easier for when new members come with the Switch game..... What do we think? :thinking:

Ya know, I was just thinking about a collectable tier list a while ago.

See, one of my dream collectables is the popsicle. Ya, long shot but still. Due to its rarity and the fact that it was retired years ago, I -someone who doesn't really keep up with the market- am trying to find out what collectables are worth getting and trading for it. I feel because it's rarity, that tbt won't be enough. A tier list will allow me to clearly see what 'class' it's in, and any equal value collectables to trade for.

Plus, I think this will help with beginners to the site & beginners to collectable collecting.

So the new price for Love Pok?balls is like 6,000 TBT. I remember selling the other one (Moon Ball) for 1,200 TBT.

Crazy isn't it? I sold a Love Ball for like 3,000 something in my shop if I remember correctly. When I saw there were like around 50 of each of those new Pokeballs, I knew they would be worth arm & leg one day! xD Quite honestly, I can see them continuing to climb in value especially after AC Switch is out and the crowd that will bring (& also due to the popularity of Pokemon)... I also predict that the Kaleidoclover will follow a similar path (not nearly as high of a projection though since they don't have the popularity of Pokemon backing them) since a lot of people want/like them and there is a relatively small number of them. My predictions can all be wrong of course, but that is part of the fun of the collecting of collectibles!

So the new price for Love Pok?balls is like 6,000 TBT. I remember selling the other one (Moon Ball) for 1,200 TBT.

I must say though that I threw 1000 TBT on top of the regular price as there was a situation where I "needed" it this weekend, since my Moon Ball had to go to someone else. However, situation Moon Ball has been resolved so I'll just exercise some more patience. I guess the price is 5000 TBT since that's what it last sold for, going a little higher when there's multiple people trying to obtain one at once or just really want to secure it.. Which was/is my case :)

Last edited:
im new here and dont really understand how these things work but the pictures are really cute!
i like this man the best ->:eek:

im new here and dont really understand how these things work but the pictures are really cute!
i like this man the best ->:eek:

They are really cool for sure and welcome to TBT! :D Collectibles are cool icons you can add under your profile and there are many neat ways to arrange them since they are arranged by newest to oldest! ;) To get collectibles, you need to buy them through the TBT shop, buy/trade with other users, or earn/win them during events! :D If you need any cheap collectibles to get you started once you earn some TBT from posting, I have plenty in my shop, PARADISE Collectibles if you want to check it out! :D

EDIT: I just realized you are talking about emoticons, not collectibles! lol

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone else that finds it absolutely annoying that Lucky has a restriction of 1 per user? :/ I always seem to forget that and it causes transactions to be more complicated than they need to be! lol

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone else that finds it absolutely annoying that Lucky has a restriction of 1 per user? :/ I always seem to forget that and it causes transactions to be more complicated than they need to be! lol

It does seem kinda weird to do it that way, especially since you can have more than one of the other character collectibles (or at least I believe you can).

It does seem kinda weird to do it that way, especially since you can have more than one of the other character collectibles (or at least I believe you can).

I also recently learned that Pave is that same way. :/ I definitely think character collectibles should not have that restriction since most of them do not (heck, not even Jingle and Jack have such a restriction).

have pave and/or lucky gotten multiple releases yet?

since that's still my only guess as to why they're unique (if they haven't yet)

Last edited:
have pave and/or lucky gotten multiple releases yet?

since that's still my only guess as to why they're unique

They have not and Pave is technically discontinued since he hasn't been distributed since 2016. :eek: To me, I think they should have no restrictions regardless since it would open more lineup ideas for people. :)

well pave can't happen again until next year at the earliest, if they keep him festivale tied

lucky, we just need another villager week though and he should be freed (at the cost of whatever new villager gets added being unique)

but yeah, I do actually prefer this stuff being unique on release, to give more people the option to purchase. though it would be nice if they turned that off post-event instead of waiting for the rerelease

Last edited:
Honestly I would bet 500 bels that the staff just forgot to turn off the unique thing for Lucky after villager week ended. (Understandable, because it's a pretty small detail and they have lots of other stuff to do)

well pave can't happen again until next year at the earliest, if they keep him festivale tied

lucky, we just need another villager week though and he should be freed (at the cost of whatever new villager gets added being unique)

but yeah, I do actually prefer this stuff being unique on release, to give more people the option to purchase. though it would be nice if they turned that off post-event instead of waiting for the rerelease

We will definitely see about Pave then, I do find it interesting that he is the only character collectible that is discontinued while all the rest of them have been distributed multiple times.

I definitely agree that the restriction during the release makes sense for sure, but the restriction should definitely be removed after the event to stimulate the economy some more since some people love a specific villager/character and want a lineup with a lot of them! :)

Last edited:
We will definitely see about Pave then, I do find interesting that he is the only character collectible that is discontinued while all the rest of them have been distributed multiple times.

nobody cares about festivale, not even the staff

also, nice subtle seasonal lineup change?

unless that's just new stock the just happened to fall into good positions lol

Back