• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Every Villager Ever Removed (Who Should've Returned?)

Man I wish Julia was in new leaf. I would have loved her as a villager.

I want Cupcake to return!!!

I love Cupcake, she's my favorite villager!!!

Look at her: cupcake.jpg

I want her to return!!!

Is there a reason they remove some animals? What's the reasoning behind this?

I think it's probably issues with space. They probably don't want to overcrowd the game with animals, so they remove some of them so that they can add new villagers with the old.

I have no idea what the selection process is though. They keep animals like Truffles who are widely disliked, but then they get rid of animals that are more popular like Quetzal. So I'm not actually sure what their selection process is.

I think it's probably issues with space. They probably don't want to overcrowd the game with animals, so they remove some of them so that they can add new villagers with the old.

I have no idea what the selection process is though. They keep animals like Truffles who are widely disliked, but then they get rid of animals that are more popular like Quetzal. So I'm not actually sure what their selection process is.

Random number selection, most likely.

Space shouldn't be an issue in 2013, at least in my opinion. It's not like you can have all animals at once in your town, it would be nice to have all the animals that have ever existed in a future animal crossing, if space is still really an issue on the 3DS then it shouldn't be on a more powerful console like the Wii U, they would have no excuse replacing older animals with new ones.

Space shouldn't be an issue in 2013, at least in my opinion. It's not like you can have all animals at once in your town, it would be nice to have all the animals that have ever existed in a future animal crossing, if space is still really an issue on the 3DS then it shouldn't be on a more powerful console like the Wii U, they would have no excuse replacing older animals with new ones.

Yeah, I think was just initially what happened. With Wild World, space was obviously an issue because DS carts aren't that strong. They probably kept it that way for New Leaf simply because they thought the old villagers wouldn't be familiar, and they would benefit more from making new villagers while keeping all the recent City Folk villagers.

I'm just speculating though. I'm just as stumped as you are, this is just what I'm guessing.

Yeah, I think was just initially what happened. With Wild World, space was obviously an issue because DS carts aren't that strong. They probably kept it that way for New Leaf simply because they thought the old villagers wouldn't be familiar, and they would benefit more from making new villagers while keeping all the recent City Folk villagers.

I'm just speculating though. I'm just as stumped as you are, this is just what I'm guessing.

That would make sense. Maybe they could reinstate the older animals in the next Animal Crossing instead of creating new ones, I think it would make a lot of people happy, they will be new to people that didn't play the older Animal Crossing games and they will bring back good memories to the older players.

A quick look at the image was all I needed to make me angry. (opinions ahead, lol) Almost ALL of those animals are sooo much cuter than the new characters they added for NL, which the majority I think are really, really ugly. They should of brought back some of them instead of adding those freaks.

http://i.imgur.com/FlWRSzV.jpg is a link of the pic that I edited. The ones with a black square are ones I am very sad to see that they got rid of, as I think they look awesome. Ones in a red square are ones which aren't my faves, but I would still be VERY happy to get in my town. Ones with a red slash are ones I wouldn't be too pleased with getting, and all of the others are ones that I really wouldn't mind getting. A large majority are unmarked, and I would probably tolerate most of them. A couple are "meh-worthy", but I still don't hate them. (I'm just going by looks, but that's a big factor on if I like a character or not, lol)

I have to say a few things, though. In order of importance.
Number one: There are THREE really cute kangaroos. WHY?!?! XD We need more of those, dang it! Was rather happy to see NL added some kangaroos, but still, they should of kept those ones.
Number two: Is that a PEACOCK at the end? Out of all the characters to ditch, they freakin' chose a unique animal that is barely featured in the game? Ugg.
Number three: Aww, Penny is no longer gonna be with us? She has a kinda plain design, but I think it's rather fun to get her because of her fanon evil side.
Number four: those two squirrels I have marked are really adorable. The one looks like a ferret.

Overall, I really think they chose awfully stupid ones to get rid of, considering all of the ugly characters that no one really likes that are still in (I think it's ok to have some characters like that, but more and more now I think there are too many)

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I haven't seen a majority of those animals before in any of my Animal Crossing adventures and the few that I recognize on the list I don't remember enough about to actually list their names. :/ I'm not terribly bummed out as I was going into the topic as I am now, I just hope they replaced them with meaningful animals then.

I forgot about some of these! I remember being good friends with Boots, so I would say him and Maddie, whom I love too! Also that squirrel that looks like a ferret with a brown mask, I've never seen that one before!

Back