• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Fantasy Life General Thread

So I'm a Wizard (no other lives) and I just maxxed out my Intelligence to 50. What should I do with the points I get now? The only other stats that affect me are Vitality(Defense) and Luck(Critical Hit chance). I usually have one of the NPCs tank for me while I cast spells from afar(unless it only takes a few hits to defeat the enemy), so I rarely get hit. Should I focus my points on Luck now?

It's not true that the only other stats that affect you are vitality and luck, because focus is used in the calculation for magic attack. Here's some helpful info:

Attack
One-handed Sword = Strength + ((Focus + Dexterity) / 2) + Equipment Bonus
Two-handed Sword = Strength + Vitality + Equipment Bonus
Bow / Dagger = Dexterity + ((Strength + Focus) / 2) + Equipment Bonus
Staff / Unarmed = Strength

Defense = Vitality + Equipment Bonus
Magic Attack = (Intelligence x 1.5) + (Focus / 2) + Equipment Bonus
Magic Defense = Intelligence + Equipment Bonus

does anyone have any tricks/tips into getting protection+? should i go on my way up to the resting area or go back to floor 6 and jst pray that i'll get the bounty to the clerks safely //: why is this so hard,,

This game is great. I bought one yesterday and started it straight away as a tailor after my partner bought his a few days and couldn't stop talking about it.

I got this game for Chirstmas and I love it! I have a question on what I should do though. I'm pretty unhappy with how I made my character and I want to make a new one. However I haven't even finished the story yet. I'm wondering if I should just finish the story and make a new character or stick with this one for a while and then make a new one. I'd like to try some other lives and I don't feel like playing the whole story over again, but this character is just bugging me in every way.

I got this game for Chirstmas and I love it! I have a question on what I should do though. I'm pretty unhappy with how I made my character and I want to make a new one. However I haven't even finished the story yet. I'm wondering if I should just finish the story and make a new character or stick with this one for a while and then make a new one. I'd like to try some other lives and I don't feel like playing the whole story over again, but this character is just bugging me in every way.

I'd stick with it if I were you, you can change your hair style and colour later on in the standard game and if you have the DLC later in the game you can completely redesign everything.

Last edited:
Still having trouble with the 'Life Master Of...Everything?' story quest. Could anyone help me out? ^^;

Still having trouble with the 'Life Master Of...Everything?' story quest. Could anyone help me out? ^^;

oh iirc you jst have to talk to the guy in the mt snowpeak cabin // i think king erik's dad // the naked old man ??

oh iirc you jst have to talk to the guy in the mt snowpeak cabin // i think king erik's dad // the naked old man ??

But when I go to the cabin, there's no one there? Am I doing something wrong? <n<

Is the Royal Cabin the right one?

oh god im so dumb ive been in the wrong cabin the whole time havent i
hahaha no not the royal cabin. go to the one before that where there's bounty clerk next to the waterfall! and you'll find the man 8)

I just finished the main storyline... T____T I liked this game a lot more than I expected to! The extensive cutscenes and the really obvious jokes were annoying in the first few chapters but I gradually grew to love the characters and the story the more I progressed...

Now I think I might try some of the gathering and creation lives :3 I really need to level, the rise in difficulty between area enemies and their respective dunheons/bosses is SO steep.. I can kill the regular enemies in one hit, but I find a boss steps away who takes two full bars of my SP in addition to help from another party member to defeat! How does that make sense?!

I just started the Tailor life ( since I got Master in Hunter ) and is there any way to make the fluffy ribbon again? I liked the shirt I had to make in the introductory quest.

EDIT: Nevermind, the shirt isn't ever there anymore. C:

Last edited:
I bought Fantasy Life yesterday and grinded up to Expert Cooking in one sitting. I wonder if I could just buy the ingredients to get to master or legendary from people off here so that i don't really have to progress the story anymore just yet because I definitely can't get the items I need without doing so and I'm just not ready to move on!!!

I bought Fantasy Life yesterday and grinded up to Expert Cooking in one sitting. I wonder if I could just buy the ingredients to get to master or legendary from people off here so that i don't really have to progress the story anymore just yet because I definitely can't get the items I need without doing so and I'm just not ready to move on!!!

The biggest problem I have with Fantasy Life is that people who don't have the DLC can only play with people who also don't have it. So once you purchase the add-on content, you are locked out of playing with people who are new.

Sadly, the more experienced players who have beaten the game and are most able to easily get you ingredients are probably the ones who can't even help you :/

The biggest problem I have with Fantasy Life is that people who don't have the DLC can only play with people who also don't have it. So once you purchase the add-on content, you are locked out of playing with people who are new.

Sadly, the more experienced players who have beaten the game and are most able to easily get you ingredients are probably the ones who can't even help you :/
p much. i was gnna reply to this thread since i am also working on my cook life and while im gathering my ingredients, ill most likely be able to farm for extras so i wont mind helping out

but anyway @cookingokasan if you have dlc, ill help you ^^; but if not, still, feel free to post on that fl exchange thread ;;;x;

I'll probably pick up the DLC sometime on the 1st. I probably won't really ~need~ help at such a low level, but I wouldn't mind playing around with people once I get some more levels and whatnot.

I'm loving the game so far though! up to Master Cook and Expert fishing (probably won't be able to get any higher without progressing the story but oh well) I'm looking forward to putting all my free time into this game ahaha

Last edited:
Back