• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Fantasy Life General Thread

Yeah.. you can heal with the charged x move. However, the amount of heal the players get is so minuscule... unless that's just me. Better off using dusts :' (

Hmm I guess that makes some sense, otherwise Magicians would be too OP'd and every team would want one...

Also, can anyone who's a magician clear this up for me? Which is faster, healing yourself with earth magic or healing yourself with a potion? I was just thinking that since you can always heal yourself with earth magic, you could keep a higher stock of SP potions than HP potions, but you need to switch magic in order to do that, so it might be more time consuming in a fight to use earth magic than a potion.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and also, is Magician the most popular combat life? It seems to be here since I've read through this thread a bit. :p

Hmm I guess that makes some sense, otherwise Magicians would be too OP'd and every team would want one...

Also, can anyone who's a magician clear this up for me? Which is faster, healing yourself with earth magic or healing yourself with a potion? I was just thinking that since you can always heal yourself with earth magic, you could keep a higher stock of SP potions than HP potions, but you need to switch magic in order to do that, so it might be more time consuming in a fight to use earth magic than a potion.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and also, is Magician the most popular combat life? It seems to be here since I've read through this thread a bit. :p

When i fully charge my x earth magic i can pretty much fill my whole health bar, and my sp regenerates pretty quickly
I only bother using hp potions if im in a big fight and need to heal quick

Yayy i hit lvl40 now for the grind to 50 so i can play the dlc

Yayy i hit lvl40 now for the grind to 50 so i can play the dlc

how are you people levelling so fast.
I should start mastering my other lives, miner, woodcutter and angler. I've heard angler is pretty easy to rank up quickly, since it's literally just "catch this fish" quests.

I should start mastering my other lives, miner, woodcutter and angler. I've heard angler is pretty easy to rank up quickly, since it's literally just "catch this fish" quests.

Well ive only played for about 30hrs and magician is the only life im doing rn and im a legend atm, idk is this fast???
Im pretty much going against big buys to get lotsa exp

Last edited:

you could always start the other lives too (woodcutting, angler, mining, etc) so while you're venturing on your wizard, you can cut trees and still have it count towards your woodcutter challenges. gathering also gives exp :)

at least that's what i started doing afterwards, you start to lvl up more and saves time too (at least for me lol). so while i was doing my legend wizard stuff, id chop trees down in regions (if i could) or mine and it'd help me later for my lives. hope that made sense ;u;

is it easy to get back into the game? I haven't played in a while but already put in 70 hours into the game so it would be a shame to start a new file.

is it easy to get back into the game? I haven't played in a while but already put in 70 hours into the game so it would be a shame to start a new file.

I cant really say seeming as I've only just got it but maybe starting s new life on your character might be a good refresh?

no
LOL i tried to get back in ... such a struggle. if you have other lives you wanted to master, it prob is a lot easier. goal today is to jump back in and hopefully get higher in the trial of time @.@ ...

you could always start the other lives too (woodcutting, angler, mining, etc) so while you're venturing on your wizard, you can cut trees and still have it count towards your woodcutter challenges. gathering also gives exp :)

at least that's what i started doing afterwards, you start to lvl up more and saves time too (at least for me lol). so while i was doing my legend wizard stuff, id chop trees down in regions (if i could) or mine and it'd help me later for my lives. hope that made sense ;u;

Makes perfect sense to me. I've been chopping what I can and mining everywhere I go, since I usually run on my Magician life. I only just started Angler last night, silly carp are hard to catch.
That reminds me... I seriously need to go back and get a new axe for woodcutting.

I've seen a few talking about if Wizards can heal other online. Well, they can.

Wikipedia said:
'A Magician can be used to support other classes in multiplayer due to their ability to heal not only themselves but their group members in a certain range.

Also, I have played online with Beary to confirm this!

no
LOL i tried to get back in ... such a struggle. if you have other lives you wanted to master, it prob is a lot easier. goal today is to jump back in and hopefully get higher in the trial of time @.@ ...

haven't started the trial or visited the island yet, i literally beat the main story and then got busy with RL lols
so i guess it'll be easier for me to get back into it

haven't started the trial or visited the island yet, i literally beat the main story and then got busy with RL lols
so i guess it'll be easier for me to get back into it

I did the exact same thing. Which is weird because I really enjoyed the game, but then I picked up AC:NL and got ridiculously back into that.

I haven't even bought the DLC yet but now I'm not sure if I should. I guess when I go back and get back into the game I'll see how it goes~

I think I'll just download the game instead of waiting for a store to get it in stock because I have enough memory on my SD Card and I got way more eShop cards than I needed on Christmas.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hm... Alchemist can be quite useful, actually, if only because you can make your own SP potions and such (you can also make your own Life Cures). However, it's not really needed since you can also buy these items. Only thing is that if you're an Alchemist and you're good enough at what you do, then you can get Super SP potions and such, which are things you can't buy.

Alchemist complements Magician very well, because Magician is very SP consuming. If you're e.g. a Paladin and you run out of SP, then you can still fight, it's just that you can't use any special moves. If you're a Magician, however, and you run out of SP, well, then that's a problem. So as an Alchemist you can create your own potions and always have a stock with you. Which can be useful in any Life, really, as special moves use (a lot of) SP.

In general, I'd say it depends on what your interests are. Like Carpenter can make furniture, which is nice, but not something I'm personally interested in. They can also make a staff for Magicians, but the best wand is actually the DLC one, so it's not like you really need Carpenter for that. Blacksmith can make swords but the best sword (though it's up for debate, I guess) is also the DLC one. They make the best armor, though.

No Life is really and absolutely needed, but no Life is completely useless, either. It's nice that you can switch between them and play the game how you want it, because that's what most important. :)

Thanks! So certain classes benefit others, but they aren't useless if you don't play as the other class.

hmp i actually find it easy to go back to this game. like i got unmotivated at first bc of the whole mine 200-300 or was it 400 rocks and one of the woodcutter's quest (i forgot what it was) but i found myself playing again after a few days. and stopped playing for a long while bc i got tired of the cook's quest of having to have lvl 15 in all cuisines and how i got like 3 other games to play, but now that i've /kinda/caught up to them, i found myself playing again and trying to pick up where i left off.

/// probably gonna farm the crystal dragon for crystal scales now, does anyone have any tips to this? i keep getting star diamond as drops and im guessing it's bc of my 100+ luck, should i lower this down???? esp since i have the plushling backpack, festive hat and shoes, i guess it'll guarantee the drops but the luck just push it to star diamonds??

hmp i actually find it easy to go back to this game. like i got unmotivated at first bc of the whole mine 200-300 or was it 400 rocks and one of the woodcutter's quest (i forgot what it was) but i found myself playing again after a few days. and stopped playing for a long while bc i got tired of the cook's quest of having to have lvl 15 in all cuisines and how i got like 3 other games to play, but now that i've /kinda/caught up to them, i found myself playing again and trying to pick up where i left off.

/// probably gonna farm the crystal dragon for crystal scales now, does anyone have any tips to this? i keep getting star diamond as drops and im guessing it's bc of my 100+ luck, should i lower this down???? esp since i have the plushling backpack, festive hat and shoes, i guess it'll guarantee the drops but the luck just push it to star diamonds??

Well,you could always make a Double-Edged Stone,which lowers Luck to 0,potentially making the Crystal Scales more common.You can't have both the stone and Plushling Backpack equiped at the same time though,so uh yeah.

Also,I just finished getting Level 15 in all cooking stats.Anyone find the Seafood Cuisine stat to be the hardest to level up?(Why does the seafood skill have to be the hardest,I love seafood IRL >_<)

Well,you could always make a Double-Edged Stone,which lowers Luck to 0,potentially making the Crystal Scales more common.You can't have both the stone and Plushling Backpack equiped at the same time though,so uh yeah.

Also,I just finished getting Level 15 in all cooking stats.Anyone find the Seafood Cuisine stat to be the hardest to level up?(Why does the seafood skill have to be the hardest,I love seafood IRL >_<)
I can always restart my stat O: should i luck down to 0?

and!! was it the ingredients? and congrats oh my god that was so quick LOL i almost gave up on that bc of the fact that i had to have lvl 15 for all of them ;A; seafood was kinda easy to me tho bc i was an angler and DID NOT sell a single fish LOL but those two cuisines that required the golden swordfish got me stuck for a while orz;

Last edited:
I can always restart my stat O: should i luck down to 0?

and!! was it the ingredients? and congrats oh my god that was so quick LOL i almost gave up on that bc of the fact that i had to have lvl 15 for all of them ;A; seafood was kinda easy to me tho bc i was an angler and DID NOT sell a single fish LOL but those two cuisines that required the golden swordfish got me stuck for a while orz;

Oh,I thought you had maxed out your luck with Luck Candies.Well,you can always just respec yourself and put Luck at 0 then.

Also,I think it was a little bit faster because I had the Princely Crown(and Cook's Pride obv) from Passwords,which has Crafting EXP+,and I had all 3 of my Cooking skills decently leveled,with Egg and Veggie at 14,Meat at 8(this one was easy with Roast of Legend lol),and Seafood at 10(It was prob hard for me because I was just grinding with Desert Fish Stew,whic didn't seem to give much,but was the best I could do.

Back