• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Fantasy Life General Thread

going to ramble a bit bear with me

so I LOVE this game, its good for perfectionists like me. I just mastered all lives 8D

Things I love:

The art style is just so freaking ADORABLE
The story has a few twists
More lives than I thought it would have
A rather large world, theres always something I havent discovered
Nice combat
Fun crafting
That feeling when you beat a boss !
THE COMEDY IS AMAZINF

Things I dont really like:

It gives you challenges that you arent ready for ie the napdragon challenge is for adept ?? I couldnt kill it until I was a master
when you're done, you're done
its so hard to get certain items without maxed luck
neverending missions from townspeople
really hard to get bliss after a while

ok im done

Creator Miner, Hero Angler :3 just started Wizard and I'm Adept now. Once I reach Creator with them Ill do Blacksmith/Carpenter/Tailor together and just relax from the fighting for a bit but before doing so Im going to go through the Trial of Time a few more times, I'm currently lvl 85 and if I want to make my Creator quests possible got loads more to lvl up xD

Just got Hero rank as an Alchemist! Not going to bother with getting Legend for a while.

I wonder how long it will take me to get a lot of progress in for this game, especially considering I don't have much free time. When I do, I try really hard to make sure I draw. About how long in terms of hours would it take to get the top tier in one class? So far, Tailor has been a bit faster than Hunter for me, so it may vary by Life, but I'm still interested to see the variety.

I wonder how long it will take me to get a lot of progress in for this game, especially considering I don't have much free time. When I do, I try really hard to make sure I draw. About how long in terms of hours would it take to get the top tier in one class? So far, Tailor has been a bit faster than Hunter for me, so it may vary by Life, but I'm still interested to see the variety.

Alchemist, which is similar to Tailor, is pretty easy when I actually try. I got around 10,000 stars today in just Alchemist because I had the money to do it and I felt like doing it. The time it took me to get from Master to Hero was under an hour, but I don't know what it's like beyond that.

My experience with Tailoring has been pretty quick when I try, so I suppose it shouldn't be too bad. The weekend's essentially over now, though, so I'll have to go back to playing the game in short spurts.

Alchemist I think is one of the longer ones tbh. You need a ton of stars near the end and I still can't find 2 recipes I need. The last quest on my list requires 2 items I'd never heard of. ~ managed to find 1 of them but the last is beyond me, I've looked everywhere pretty much, and can only think it's in the endgame unlock area with really difficult bosses. S: Definitely not getting Legend on that yet.

The only life I've completed all the quests to hit Legend (outside of DLC) is the Magicians, but that was just because I knew where everything was and switched stats to make sure I could do it.

I've noticed to hit legend on most non combat lives requires either 500 tasks (ie tree cuts) done or hitting level 15 in a skill. While combat you just need to have defeated what is required, and usually you can beat anything with enough time and potions so long as you do more than 0 damage. So they're much easier to finish imo.

The paladin life is so boring... and it's quite messed up. I'm hero rank now with no quests left but still missing 1,500 stars... none of the paladin npcs are giving me quest anymore. I've talked talked to them twice, even slept and talked to all of them(tad,mustang,roslyn,porthos,mr.apfel,dragonslayer,isobel) again.. I googled and it may be the shadow dragon quest. but seriously, it's so messed up!

woah really? i really enjoyed the paladin life a lot.. it was my favorite before i tried the hunter life, like the challenges are actually worth doing especially the white and gold dragons.

So about 2 or 3 hours ago I was an Adept Woodcutter. Cou gave me a very nice axe, so I went out and got Master rank. Looking at the challenges, I felt like getting to Master would also be pretty easy, which it was. After THAT, the Master challenges were still pretty basic, so I went out and got up to Hero.
Adept to Hero in a few hours. I feel pretty good. (And now the axe Cou just gave me is outclassed by so much better stuff... Level 5 Woodcutting to level 9. Wow.)

woah really? i really enjoyed the paladin life a lot.. it was my favorite before i tried the hunter life, like the challenges are actually worth doing especially the white and gold dragons.

Well, I'm not really a fan of close combat classes so yeah... and the glitch just made it worse for me.. Finally figured it out though so I'm doing the mercenary now and it's actually more annoying because of the quests requiring you to kill with combos. Like it's quite annoying having to time their death to the end of the required combo.

So about 2 or 3 hours ago I was an Adept Woodcutter. Cou gave me a very nice axe, so I went out and got Master rank. Looking at the challenges, I felt like getting to Master would also be pretty easy, which it was. After THAT, the Master challenges were still pretty basic, so I went out and got up to Hero.
Adept to Hero in a few hours. I feel pretty good. (And now the axe Cou just gave me is outclassed by so much better stuff... Level 5 Woodcutting to level 9. Wow.)
congrats and good luck!! yeah there's a lot better tools than those ,,

Well, I'm not really a fan of close combat classes so yeah... and the glitch just made it worse for me.. Finally figured it out though so I'm doing the mercenary now and it's actually more annoying because of the quests requiring you to kill with combos. Like it's quite annoying having to time their death to the end of the required combo.
same same, oh god bro good luck with the merc combos... i liked merc tho but just didn't like the fact that iT TOOK FOREVER TO SWING /: still my ranking in combat would be hunter > paladin > merc > magic. but anyway regarding the crap merc combos, when you get the timing, it'll be pretty easy. lmk if you need like tips tho

I just got Fantasy Life a few days ago. I got magician (my starting life) up to adept before I switched. I chose angler for switching. Angler started out as fun, but now I have to catch some of the slightly more rare fish and it's irritating. After catching so many fish in one area, you can't fish there anymore for a certain amount of time. I have 3 more apprentice challenges and they're all semi-rare ones - I need 2 more plains eels, the rainbow trout, and the forest lordfish. I know I'm searching in the right places for these, the game just hates me. :(

I just got Fantasy Life a few days ago. I got magician (my starting life) up to adept before I switched. I chose angler for switching. Angler started out as fun, but now I have to catch some of the slightly more rare fish and it's irritating. After catching so many fish in one area, you can't fish there anymore for a certain amount of time. I have 3 more apprentice challenges and they're all semi-rare ones - I need 2 more plains eels, the rainbow trout, and the forest lordfish. I know I'm searching in the right places for these, the game just hates me. :(

Hi, the angler life really requires a lot of patience... specially when it comes to the rarer fish.. The lord forest fish could easily be seen though as it would swim around near the save point before entering the deep elderwood forest.. if it's not there, just move 2 maps away (closest would probably the cave up in deep elderwood) then check back again... :)

Okay, I need mega help here.

I need to get to the origin island pack.

I already beat the main game, but how am I supposed to befriend Yuelia and Noelia? Especially Noelia:She fell behind to her homeworld. I also have to reach level 50...Im level 22, 181 exp to go before 23. I need to level up fast. I cant even beat the napdragon :( WHats the fastest way to get exp? Challenges and the Main story dont help me much..and I dont have the money xD

I also need to make some dosh for the crafting Lifes-any advice on that?

Hi, the angler life really requires a lot of patience... specially when it comes to the rarer fish.. The lord forest fish could easily be seen though as it would swim around near the save point before entering the deep elderwood forest.. if it's not there, just move 2 maps away (closest would probably the cave up in deep elderwood) then check back again... :)

Thanks for that tip. I've never, ever seen it before. I'm actually early enough in the game that they won't let me into deep elderwood yet. But I could try the moving 2 maps away somewhere else.

I'm normally pretty patient, but the walking back and forth to make fish start spawning again is getting old. I was going to switch to a 3rd life to try, but I accidentally started the next chapter, and now it won't let me start a brand new class. I switched back to magician for now. Maybe I'll take a break by playing chapter 3 and then when I'm done, I'll try to catch those fish again.

Last edited:
Okay, I need mega help here.

I need to get to the origin island pack.

I already beat the main game, but how am I supposed to befriend Yuelia and Noelia? Especially Noelia:She fell behind to her homeworld. I also have to reach level 50...Im level 22, 181 exp to go before 23. I need to level up fast. I cant even beat the napdragon :( WHats the fastest way to get exp? Challenges and the Main story dont help me much..and I dont have the money xD

I also need to make some dosh for the crafting Lifes-any advice on that?

Well, you don't necessarily need to buy the ingredients for the crafting lives.. How about try mastering miner/woodcutter/angler as these lives could provide you with ingredients as well as somehow help you level up without noticing... woodcutter and miner have that annoying 500 rocks/trees quest at the end tho.. I never got into these until I was on origin island though, what I did was gather dandelion puffs and made them into some clothes which gave me some dosh..

Oh and you befriend noelia on the starlight garden when you board the ship on the spirit tree again at level 45... and yuelia at level 50 when you talk to her in your house.

Anyway, if you have the expansion pack already, maybe I can buy some ingredients for you

I just got the game yesterday and I am addicted....I haven't Even barely been on the threads and I haven't played ac at all. I love the customization of the charecter. Literally took me fourty minutes to decide on my looks haha xD I am obsessiing already.

I just got the game yesterday and I am addicted....I haven't Even barely been on the threads and I haven't played ac at all. I love the customization of the charecter. Literally took me fourty minutes to decide on my looks haha xD I am obsessiing already.

That's actually what got me to get the game.. I really like character customization a lot :))

Back