• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon First ever shiny pokemon?

In what generation did you find your first shiny?

• Gen 2

Votes: 37 15.3%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 48 19.8%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 61 25.2%
  • Gen 5

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Gen 6

Votes: 70 28.9%

• Total voters
My first ever shiny pokemon was a shiny Weedle in Pokemon Silver that I found while headbutting trees in Ilex Forest.

First shiny was a Zubat. I was so excited that it was shiny, but so dismayed bc it was a Zubat >-< Those suckers are everywhere.

My first was a Grimer I found in the fiery path my first time playing Sapphire Version. It's now a lv100 Muk and is one of my most reliable Pokemon for battle towers and other facilities.

Pokemon X/Y

My first was Gyarados or Octillery, but my first random encounter was a Croagunk.

my first ever shiny pokemon i caught was a shiny RATTATA in pokemon gold. I was surprised there was even such a thing hahaa

the first pokemon i ever breeded that was shiny fletchling :D

Gen 4 HGSS, It was a bellsprout now a Victrebell. Still have it too.

OMG you know how I said I had clocked in over 1000 hours from starting Pokemon years ago on Diamond and through ORAS now? Well I was just playing Pokemon Black 2 Version on Route 7 and went into a rustling grass patch, and saw my very first shiny ever, a shiny, female Emolga. I wanted to catch it so badly, but when I went to the Pokeballs section I had none with me. At that point in time I screamed as my hair turned grey, then white, and my eyes gorged out and I turned into a skeleton, then a puddle of my death. I'll probably never see another shiny again in the future of my playthroughs in Pokemon :( :(

Last edited:
Mine was a Starly in Platinum. He quickly became one of my favorites. Had everything I needed to catch him, as any good trainer should!

Not counting the shiny Gyarados from Pokemon Crystal, my first shiny Pokemon was a Seaking from Firered. Caught it at the Safari Zone, I felt incredibly lucky having catching it since... you know... Safari Zone and stuff.

My first shiny was a shiny charmander starter. No i didnt SR lol it didnt know what a shiny was at the time

My first shiny was a Quagsire in one of the 4th gen games (can't remember, maybe Pearl?) I still have it, transferred to Pokemon X now.

Technically speaking, my first shiny was the red Gyarados in HG/SS, but in the poll I chose the Gen 5 option because imo that doesn't really count haha.

So yeah, the first real shiny that I randomly encountered was a shiny Metang in White. I caught it in the Giant Chasm iirc, and thankfully I had enough PokeBalls to constantly spam it with, because everyone knows how low Metang's catch rate is... it took me about an hour to capture it, but it was totally worth it, because I actually prefer shiny Metang's color scheme to its regular color scheme c:

My first shiny was a klefeki from gen. 6... I'm pretty unlucky with finding them. I was so excited I threw my 3ds on the ground and my dog sat on it. Then I almost had a heart attack cause I thought he might've turned it off or something. Luckily he didn't.

first ever shroomish i saw was shiny and i thought it was the normal color (red) which it obviously wasnt ^_^ didnt find out about shinies until gen 4 and that was way after i started new games, o well

Back