• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon First ever shiny pokemon?

In what generation did you find your first shiny?

• Gen 2

Votes: 37 15.3%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 48 19.8%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 61 25.2%
  • Gen 5

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Gen 6

Votes: 70 28.9%

• Total voters
The first one I ever SAW was my brother's shiny Duskull. The first one I ever caught was a Wingull. I was grinding on a route outside of Pastoria City and reeeeeeally hated Wingulls due to their supersonic at the time... So yeah, I thought it was a bit cruel that a Wingull was my first shiny, but I'm not complaining now because it's a freaking shiny haha

Back in sapphire I found a shiny gulpin and I loved it. But i never knew how to get past slateport so I would always reset. I didn't have that gulpin very long XD

My first shiny was a klefeki from gen. 6... I'm pretty unlucky with finding them. I was so excited I threw my 3ds on the ground and my dog sat on it. Then I almost had a heart attack cause I thought he might've turned it off or something. Luckily he didn't.

LOL that would of been the funniest thing ever if your dog turned it off by accident by sitting on it, XD

I have to post this everywhere because I'm so super excited!!
I was trying for a shiny noibat because I absolutely love those colors and I was getting pretty discouraged but about two full boxes of normal noibats later and I got my first ever shiny on my own!
I have had plenty of shinies in my time but never on my own. ;__;
I'm like so happy.

Look at my babyyyyy ( sorry for camera quality. picture taken with potato ) :

http://puu.sh/jqM3X/5324703971.jpg

Last edited:
ive never achieved a shiny by myself, but the 1st ive ever seen was when my friend gave me a shiny lvl 1 caterpie as a thanks for getting him a shaymin

ive never achieved a shiny by myself, but the 1st ive ever seen was when my friend gave me a shiny lvl 1 caterpie as a thanks for getting him a shaymin

Ooh, cool. Did you train it and evolve it into a Shiny Butterfree?? :)

Been playing these games since the very beginning and I have never seen a shiny that wasn't an event or in the storyline until I bred my own Shiny Staryu in White.

Meanwhile my brother plays his first game in almost 10 years and finds one before his first badge. :mad:

Been playing these games since the very beginning and I have never seen a shiny that wasn't an event or in the storyline until I bred my own Shiny Staryu in White.

Meanwhile my brother plays his first game in almost 10 years and finds one before his first badge. :mad:

Lol, luck is stupid isn't it

Shiny entei in gold version. =D I got it used from Gamestop, and when I checked it out, there were a lot of nice pokemon, as well as a shiny entei!!! the first one i caught myself was shiny elekid in crystal, from the egg you got at the daycare place.

Found my very first Shiny in Pokemon Gold back in the day. It was a Drowzee.
I didn't use the internet that much then, so I didn't know anything and thought it was a glitch. I caught it thankfully, and found out like a year later it was rare.

My first that I remember was a wingull in Sapphire! I may have had a shiny in Silver at some point too, but in that case I don't remember which pokemon it was...

My second time running into a shiny was in Diamond; literally the first pokemon I met was a shiny bidoof. Before I had pokeballs. Imagine the disappointment!

Shiny Shuppet on my White version~ I love him to death even though he's really weak.

Shiny Mega Banette is really cool too, but it's so hard when the basic form is really cute D:

My first (Gyrados aside) was a pink Wooper in Crystal. I once reset my Gold game when I ran into a shiny Paras because I didn't understand how probability worked and didn't want 'my shiny' to be something as lame as Paras...

A shiny Eevee in Pearl. I was breeding Eevees to get all of the Eeveelutions, and of course that was the only time I've successfully bred a shiny to this day.

I ended up evolving it into an Umbreon, and I still have it in the newer games (I think it's in X currently). I just regret not nicknaming it, so now I'm stuck with it being NACHTARA (I played Pearl in German).

My first ever shiny was a Pidgey at route 1, but it didn't really count considering I used a Gameshark. :p My first legitimate Shiny was a Flaaffy in HeartGold.

My first and so far, only shiny was a Bidoof. ;_;
It was in Pokemon Diamond, and I caught it. :3

Back