• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon First ever shiny pokemon?

In what generation did you find your first shiny?

• Gen 2

Votes: 37 15.3%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 48 19.8%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 61 25.2%
  • Gen 5

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Gen 6

Votes: 70 28.9%

• Total voters
My first was a shiny Ratatta in Heart Gold. It appeared very soon after I was given the first pokeballs in the game, so I was able to capture it.

My first shiny was a shiny Poochyena in Emerald. I tried catching it but it just wouldn't stay in that pokeball...

My first ever shiny was a caterpie in viridian forest when I started a file on Leaf Green.

I lost my mind with excitement. Oddly my second shiny was before viridian forest in Fire Red. Ratata.

A shiny Marill in Pok?mon Alpha Sapphire. It is the first Pok?mon game i have played activily so yeah..

Shiny Gastly in Pearl. Kinda disappointed that shiny Gengar looks a lot like regular Gengar but eh.

My first ever shiny was a Meditite caught on Mt Pyre in Sapphire. I don't have it anymore though... My oldest shiny I still have is a Bronzong I caught in Pearl.

My first shiny pokemon was a koffing in diamond version. I accidentally killed it and encountered another shiny one a few minutes later. :p

A tentacruel in gen III >>

Of course I never use it because I hate Tentacruel.

Once upon a time, 7-year-old ~NinfiaLazuli~ found a shiny Bidoof in Pok?mon Diamond. She was all like "OMG SHINY BIDOOF LOOK MOM LOOK DAD LOOK RANDOM UNICORN DOG SHARK THING IN MY ROOM I FOUND A SHINY BIDOOF!" Then she caught it and named it the most original name ever, Bishiny. The end.

Generation six! It was a beautiful shiny Carbink! I'm very glad that I knew that it's colour looked a little different from what I'd seen in Carbink's official art, or else I might have thought nothing of it and assumed that the sparkling was just part of its animation! Come to think of it though, I did probably come across a shiny in generation four or five, I was too silly and inexperienced to know. :I

Generation 4 because of the shiny legendary beast event and technically red gyrados too haha

i believe it was a tentacool in gen 3, and i can't say i've had much luck since then! :rolleyes: (well apart from with the new ruby/sapphire)

I've never seen a shiny before Gen 6 and then I've farmed like 50. That kinda took the fun out of it.

An Abra in AS that I don't remember getting, I just was mass-breeding to get female Abras. I was in the middle of releasing when I saw it.

Scrolling through picture of my iPod I just remembered my first shiny. Aside from the Pancham I caught in the friend safari, my first shiny was a Chuchoo from a horde battle.

- - - Post Merge - - -

An Abra in AS that I don't remember getting, I just was mass-breeding to get female Abras. I was in the middle of releasing when I saw it.

This also happened to me as my first bred shiny. I was so disappointed of all the Pokemon it had to be Abra.

I got a shiny Honedge! I panicked because all my Pokemon were too strong and False Swipe didn't effect it, so i threw my Master Ball at it.

Back