• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Fitness Check In

Day #29
Workout/Rest Day Summary:
30 minutes on elliptical. Made it through the first 14 "steps" on Aerobic 3 + 11 5lb Romanian deadlifts

My god running outside all summer does not translate to the elliptical at all. I noticed running was way easier after I did the elliptical all winter last winter, but I was not expecting to have to basically start from 0 on it after running all summer.

Went back and fixed dates. Bad copy paste errors.
Day 93
Leg day and a little of core.
Body weight half squats. 4 sets of 10
Reverse crunches 3 sets of 15
Walking lunges 3 sets of 10 reps (30lb).
Other random exercises

Day 94
Rest Day. Did a target run and got over 10k steps according to my fitbit which doesn't happen much these days.

Day #30
30 minutes on elliptical. Made it through the first 12 "steps" on Aerobic 3

It happened. I stalled out. I completed the workout but I thought I was going to throw up doing it. I'm looking back at my logs (that I kept on my phone) last year and wondering how on earth I managed to make consistent progress on harder programs.

I've been slacking these last two days and didn't feel like pushing my limit.
Day 95
Upper body
Full plank - 1 set of 3 (45s). Plank to elbow 1 set of 3 (45s).
Dumbbell bench press - 3 sets of 12 (30lb). Dumbbell shoulder press - 3 sets of 10 (30lb). Reverse crunches - 3 sets of 15. Standing skull crushers 3 sets of 12 (15lb). Body weight half squats - 3 sets of 10

Day 96
Leg day and a little of core.
Body weight half squats. 3 sets of 10
Reverse crunches 3 sets of 15
Walking lunges 3 sets of 10 reps (30lb).
Other random exercises

I gave up on my workout temporarily cause school is a ***** and I didn't have the energy or motivation to work on it. now that the semester is starting to wind down I can get back to it!

Started a similar but new fitness regiment yesterday. I want to mainly target my core, but also my arms and thighs. Here's what I'm doing right now:
Plank (current record is 37 seconds)
Knee Push-ups (current record is 12)
Sit-ups (current record is 6, just started this yesterday and boy do my lower abdominal muscles hurt lol)
30-day thigh slimming challenge
30-day abs challenge

the latter two I'm just giving a go since they go from 15 reps per exercise on the first day all the way up to 45 reps on the final day, increasing by one each day so it's a nice steady pace. I'm hoping that they actually do something for me, because I would love to slim and strengthen my core as well as build up upper body strength. I don't have any equipment to work with so I just have to work with my body's resistance for now.

can i join! i wanna be more accountable, i work out every second day! i don't like working out everyday bc i'm also on a limited diet and i don't have the energy a lot of the time lol

anyways i used my resistance bands, i did
30 standing leg abductions
30 standing hip extentions
30 bicep curls
30 standing hamstring
30 overhead outward push
30 lying bent leg abductions
30 leg curls
30 scapular retractions
30 lying lateral raises

i really enjoy my resistance bands but i think i might go down to the easier resistance because i'm just starting and i felt like i wasn't strong enough yet for more resistance, also i'm in a lot of pain but in weird places that i didn't think i worked on so idk how well i'm doing this

i also want to run more, i used to be able to do a 5k but even that's too tough now, i think i will maybe run on the days i don't work out at home

Day #30
30 minutes on elliptical. Made it through the first 15 "steps" on Aerobic 3 + 12 5lb Romanian deadlifts

I was feeling much better, and I powered through and got back up to where I should have been!

Been busy playing ACNH, but still did my routine. Monday was as usual, on wednesday I did HIIT because I had no time. Today I decided to follow a 15 minute cardio low impact video that had no intervalls/breaks. I consider doing that daily because I don't want to gain more muscles yet.

Day #31
30 minutes on elliptical. Made it through the first 19 "steps" on Aerobic 3 + 14 5lb Romanian deadlifts

I felt really good & powered through quite a few chunks (then again they weren't asking much in those sections I don't think.)

I had some days off work and got lazy in the middle of my mini vacation but I got back to it. Just in time for the 100th day since I started tracking. Well probably close 100 since I might have missed counted somewhere but this is probably the most consistent I've ever been at working out at home.

Day 97-99
Rest day/Lazy days. Did get around to doing some chores so I wasn't a complete couch potato

Day 100
Upper body
Dumbbell bench press - 3 sets of 12 (30lb). Dumbbell shoulder press - 3 sets of 10 (30lb). Reverse crunches - 3 sets of 15. Standing skull crushers 3 sets of 12 (15lb). Body weight half squats - 3 sets of 10
Suit case carry - 3 sets for 1 minute for each side

Day 101
Leg day.
Body weight half squats. 3 sets of 15
Reverse crunches 3 sets of 16
Walking lunges 3 sets of 7 reps (30lb).

Context: I’ve done Karate from 10-18 and Aikido from 16-23 now, and still do Aikido. Unfortunately the place I go to is closed for now because of the pandemic, so I can’t go there right now.
Day 1
Did some circuit work, planks, stretches, crunches, pushups, and weights.
Short Term Goal: Be able to do everything listed above with ease.
Long Term Goal: Have defined, bigger muscles in my arms, legs, and elsewhere.
Details: I hadn’t exercised in awhile, so I’m worn out. I did manage to hold my planks for full minutes without letting my legs hit the ground. I was going to do cardio as well, but I think I would pass out if I did, so I’m calling it a day.

Day #32
30 minutes on elliptical. Made it through the first 20 "steps" on Aerobic 3 + 16 5lb Romanian deadlifts

One of the larger dumbbells seems to have walked off. I'll need to find that since I want to step up on those soon.

Day 2
Had a rest day because my arm and core muscles are sore as hell from yesterday. Did some stretches and had a protein shake, but that’s about it. Looking forward to exercising again soon.

I've been staying fairly fit and active for the past few years.
Started at about 200 lbs as a base weight, and I'm down to anywhere between 132-137 lbs on any given day.
I live on a mountain, so I walk it when the weather is warm, I have a gym membership where I got to lift and swim, and at him, I tend to do leg focused workouts and a small yoga routine. I'm at the point now where I'm searching for yoga classes or something else fitness oriented so I could turn it into a group activity. Wish my luck as I try to make my way down to 125 lbs with mostly muscle!

Day 102-103:
double rest day
Day 104
Made poor choices and worked out really late so had to rush it. But it means I'll have Thanksgiving day as a rest day and it's back to normal routine hopefully
Upper body
Dumbbell bench press - 3 sets of 12 (30lb). Dumbbell shoulder press - 3 sets of 10 (30lb). Reverse crunches - 3 sets of 20. Standing skull crushers 3 sets of 12 (15lb). Body weight half squats - 3 sets of 15

Day 3
Another rest day because my muscles are still sore. Had another plant-based protein shake and did some stretches. I’ll be exercising again on Friday after Thanksgiving.

Day #33
30 minutes on elliptical.

Today was a baaad day so I just went through the motions. In all honesty, I should have just called it a rest day, but I knew I wasn't going to want to workout tomorrow after Thanksgiving.

So I had been working out almost every day for a few years, but when I started going to the chiropractor for back pain last week, I had to completely stop all of that. However, today she gave me some stretching exercises I could do. So I guess I'll just be doing those for a while, but I plan to eventually work my way back up to doing full work-outs once the doctor gives me the okay.

Day # 1
I completed all of the stretches my doctor suggested. I'm allowed to do them once per day. The first stretch is holding each knee to my chest for 7 seconds. Then I angle each knee towards the opposite shoulder and hold for 7 seconds. Then I sit with my ankle resting on the opposite knee and press down on my raised knee for 7 seconds. So far I've experienced no pain while doing these so I'm hoping the doctor will let me increase the daily repetitions soon.
Short Term Goal:
Get my back in shape so I can return to my regular work-outs.
Long Term Goal:
I'd really like to lose about 20 pounds or so.

Back