• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Fitness Check In

Day # 10
Workout/Rest Day Summary:
I only had time for one set of stretches today as I was very busy. But the doctor did say that if I did the stretches twice a day for a few days in a row with no pain, then I could go ahead and up it to three times a day.

Day # 11
I completed two sets of the recommended stretches for my back today, once this afternoon and again at night. I held each of the stretches a few seconds longer during the second set.

Day # 12
I completed two sets of the recommended stretches for my back today, once this afternoon and again at night. I'm still not feeling any pain, so I'll probably be increasing this to three times a day tomorrow.

Day 113
Rest week. Got busy, sick, and lazy. Not necessary in that order and most of the time a combination of all three.
Day 114

Did 2 mile walk. Got 11k steps according to the fitbit.
Full plank - 1 set of 3 (45s). Plank to elbow 1 set of 3 (45s).
Dumbbell bench press - 3 sets of 15 (30lb). Dumbbell shoulder press - 3 sets of 7 (30lb). Reverse crunches - 3 sets of 20. Standing skull crushers 3 sets of 10 (15lb).

Last edited:
Day # 13
I completed three sets of the recommended stretches for my back today. I did one set mid-morning, one set in the early evening, and the final set late at night.

Day 115
Reverse crunches - 2 sets of 20. Bath tub stopped draining so I just stopped so I didn't get too sweaty before I went to bed.
Day 116

Rest day

Day # 14
I completed all three sets of the recommended stretches for my back today. I did one set in the morning, one set in the early evening, and the final set late at night.

Day # 15
I went back to the chiropractor today and was given three new stretches that I could add to my routine, which is good because doing the same three over and over again was getting too repetitive. In addition to the first three exercises, I can now put my foot up on the bed and hold it there for 15 seconds, put my foot against the base of the wall and lean forward keeping my other leg straight behind me, and do a lunging type of stretch.

Since I was just told to add these stretches late this afternoon, I only did them once tonight. I did the original three stretches three separate times today.

Day # 16
I completed all six of the recommended stretches for my back today. I did one set in the morning, one set in the early evening, and the final set late at night.

After doing the one stretch where I rest my foot on the bed, I think I might have pulled something in my left calf because it felt tight the rest of the evening. But that faded before my next repetition and I completed all the stretches with no problems this time.

Day #41
Rest day. My thighs were k i l l i n g me

Day #42
30 minutes on elliptical. Made it through the first 13 steps of Weight Loss 1.

The elliptical has been rough going, but today was the first day I really felt like I got into a groove with it, so fingers' crossed that can continue.

Day # 17
I completed all six of the recommended stretches for my back today. I did one set in the morning, one set in the early evening, and the final set late at night.

I also went back to the doctor today and was given another new stretching exercise to do, bringing me up to seven in total. This one is to help my middle back and I was instructed to only do it once per day, but I can do 10 repetitions of 3 seconds on each side during that one time. I did that as soon as I got home today.

Day 117

Dumbbell bench press - 3 sets of 15 (30lb). Dumbbell shoulder press - 3 sets of 10 (30lb). Reverse crunches - 3 sets of 20. Standing skull crushers 3 sets of 10 (15lb).
Day 118

Rest day

Day 119

Stability Ball Leg Curls - 3 sets of 3
Reverse crunches - 3 sets of 20
Walking lunges - 3 sets of 10

Day 120
Rest day unless I find some time to play RingFit that I haven't touched in over a month,

Day # 18
I woke up with a lot of back pain again today, so I did the middle back stretches right away to try to loosen up the muscles. It helped a little bit. Then, I did the lower back and leg stretches three times today, in the afternoon, evening, and at night.

Day # 19
The same as yesterday, I woke up with a lot of back pain again today, so I did all of my stretches right away to try to loosen up the muscles. Then, I did the lower back and leg stretches two more times today, in the evening and at night.

I've also been icing the painful areas a lot. I go back to the chiropractor tomorrow, so hopefully I can get things straightened out again. This weekend has been rough.

Day # 20
Today I started out with the middle back stretches in the morning, then did all of the other recommended stretches three times throughout the rest of the day. More importantly, I went back to the chiropractor and they gave me another massage to ease the tension and soreness caused by the last one. So hopefully I'll see some improvement tonight.

Day 121

Full plank - 1 set of 3 (50s). Plank to elbow 1 set of 3 (50s).
Dumbbell bench press - 3 sets of 15 (30lb). Dumbbell shoulder press - 3 sets of 10 (30lb). Reverse crunches - 3 sets of 10. Standing skull crushers 3 sets of 10 (15lb).

Day 122

Rest day

Back