[Guide] Cycling & Cycling Towns ➝ (UPDATED 12/6/16)

How do you get 100% rating to get development permit if you don't talk to villagers? I've been grinding for it all day and it seems stuck at 29%

Last edited:
How do you get 100% rating to get development permit if you don't talk to villagers? I've been grinding for it all day and it seems stuck at 29%

I've actually been wondering about this, too. Everytime I reset my cycle town I end up talking to the starters to get a quicker approval rating, then one of them always ends up anchored.. and when I get them un anchored, another becomes anchored Lol. it'd be nice to know if you can even get an approval rating without talking to them. o:
I would just keep TTing day by day, water flowers, fish for trash, donate stuff to museum etc if you have the patience for it.. it'll be very time consuming but (i think?) it'll eventually get to 100.

Okay, thanks. I can't start tt yet because I want one of the starters in my main town but there isn't room for him yet. I also don't have 9 villagers yet.

sorry, didn't even see this! I meant don't bother talking to villagers once you begin cycling -- in the beginning before you've begun the foolproof method, you essentially play normally, including talking to all the villagers as you would in a regular town. :)

and @alexi, (I'm on my phone and quoting multiple people is too much work on here lmao) I've run into that problem a few times too, but it's always kind of hit or miss for me. in my current cycling town I haven't had a single anchored villager yet, and I've had it going for a few months. but in my last one, I had one pretty consistently. I have no clue what exactly causes them to anchor themselves and why it's so sporadic, but let me know if you figure anything out related to it!​

Last edited:
sorry, didn't even see this! I meant don't bother talking to villagers once you begin cycling -- in the beginning before you've begun the foolproof method, you essentially play normally, including talking to all the villagers as you would in a regular town. :)

and @alexi, (I'm on my phone and quoting multiple people is too much work on here lmao) I've run into that problem a few times too, but it's always kind of hit or miss for me. in my current cycling town I haven't had a single anchored villager yet, and I've had it going for a few months. but in my last one, I had one pretty consistently. I have no clue what exactly causes them to anchor themselves and why it's so sporadic, but let me know if you figure anything out related to it!​

Aha right now my cycling town has every single villager anchored (except for current villager in boxes and newest move-in), so only the newest move-in will move out. It's really weird but I'm too lazy to TT forward and find a new move-out date. It's also kinda nice cause all the anchored ones are tier 6...

Back