[Guide] Cycling & Cycling Towns ➝ (UPDATED 12/6/16)

I followed your guide and like two times I screwed up and didn't know how to get back to the cycle. Is there like a quick guide how to get to boxes when a villager just moved in? Would be great to add that in the OP.

Aha right now my cycling town has every single villager anchored (except for current villager in boxes and newest move-in), so only the newest move-in will move out. It's really weird but I'm too lazy to TT forward and find a new move-out date. It's also kinda nice cause all the anchored ones are tier 6...
wow, that is so weird! I can definitely see it being useful if they're all t6's though, lol. I really wish I knew why this happens; for awhile I thought it had to do with how old the town was, but I don't think that's it either.​

I followed your guide and like two times I screwed up and didn't know how to get back to the cycle. Is there like a quick guide how to get to boxes when a villager just moved in? Would be great to add that in the OP.
im not 100% sure what you mean. where/how exactly did you screw up?
and unfortunately there really is no guide or quick way to get a villager into boxes, it's just a matter of TT'ing day by day until you either get a ping from someone or Isabelle notifies you that someone is leaving. c:​

So what will it take to get this guide sticky at the top? I found it very useful in explaining the terminology and how to set-up!

Thanks for taking the time to make this

So what will it take to get this guide sticky at the top? I found it very useful in explaining the terminology and how to set-up!

Thanks for taking the time to make this
thank you, I'm glad it could help you! :)
as far as I know, which threads get stickied is up to the mods/admins. I doubt this ever will be, but it'd be nice to not have to bump it, lol!​

Last edited:
Do I have to talk to the starter residents?
i would, as it makes getting your development permit 10x easier. in my experience it hasn't made a difference in anything, but it's definitely a lot harder to get the permit if you never talk to anyone. c:​

I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but I have a quick question: When a villager that was in boxes is sold to a mayor of another town, does it still count towards the 16 villager cycle and can lead me closer to getting rid of my current 16 villagers and get them cleared? I have Marshal in my current town and even though I like him a lot he's sort of in a terrible, terrible spot. ;-; I was wondering if I ended up selling this current Marshall it would head towards me getting him back soon. Thank you for your time!

I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but I have a quick question: When a villager that was in boxes is sold to a mayor of another town, does it still count towards the 16 villager cycle and can lead me closer to getting rid of my current 16 villagers and get them cleared? I have Marshal in my current town and even though I like him a lot he's sort of in a terrible, terrible spot. ;-; I was wondering if I ended up selling this current Marshall it would head towards me getting him back soon. Thank you for your time!
yes, it does count! ANY villager that leaves your town, whether they're adopted/sold to someone or voided, counts toward the 16. :)

Back