• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

how do you feel about kids?

I love 'em and hate 'em. Would never have any myself but the sometimes they can be cute or funny, others are literally demon spawn from hell.

it's a difficult topic for me because one of my favorite things is spending time with or playing with a well-behaved happy child, whereas one of my least favorite things is spoiled, bratty children. I love kids, but I can't stand bratty kids and (more importantly) can't stand parents who don't parent, dammit.

As for having them myself, I've always wanted to have a son or daughter of my own. Although, being the man, I think that's up to my wife xD

Allow me to tell a little story from my childhood...

When I was in Kindergarten, we had a "Show and Tell" day. My uncle brought in his bunny for me, and someone else had their brother or someone bring in his newborn twins. The rest of the class ran up to get a peek and I just hung back like, "Nah, I'm cool." That didn't stop the other kids from immediately jumping all over that and saying how I hated babies. *shrug*

So to sum up: I love animals. Kids, and people in general, not so much.

And to quote Daria: "I don't like kids. I didn't even like kids when I was a kid."

I don't really like children. Legally, I'm still a child(I'm 15) but what I was referring to was young children. So far, all of the young children that I have met have been so whiney and immature. They also lack respect and are so unappreciative. Children demand so much. I'm not a very patient person.

I don't really like kids..my grandma worked at a daycare and during the summer when school was out, my mom worked and I had to go to the daycare with my grandmother to help out..I must have been about 12..there were these little boys kicking the side of a dollhouse, I told them to stop..they said they didn't have to listen to me because I was brown and they weren't..so precious..but then, there was this kid named Josh who had this baby blanket..if anyone touched it, he lost his mind...I was just chilling in the corner staying away from the kids like always and he just came up to me, gave me the blanket and ran off to play...his mom came to the daycare and said she wanted to meet the girl her 3 year old son kept talking about..go figure..before then, the only time we ever interacted was when I fed him some toast one morning.

Last edited:
I dislike children, even though that's kinda hippocritical because I'm a kid myself. I neither like kids that are older that me, or younger. The older kids are, frankly, straight-up buttholes, and the younger ones are just plain annoying and rude. Not to mention even kids my age can be that way, but I get along with them better. I guess it's just the age difference.

I like them when they're well behaved. Honestly, even the most obnoxious ones can really be blamed on their parents. I get really annoyed when people bring their children into my store and they're running around, screeching, and causing trouble, but it all comes down to the parents in the end, and I don't blame the kids for being kids.

I don't find them appealing, but I don't outright hate them, and I've met a few that were really well behaved and even genuinely cute.

When you are in a public setting, and a child is screaming or crying an the parents are doing nothing. (((((((((((((((((((((:)

I don't think anybody likes whiney and badly behaved children. But that is more down to the parents....sometimes there are issues with cause a child's behaviour of course, but there is a noticeable difference. Some parents just spoil their children and think they can do no wrong. They don't realise or don't care how irritating it is for other people to have their legs rammed by the little darlings toy pushchair (happened to me the other day).

Really annoying, expensive and time-consuming. I don't really get why people are so excited about having one or more to be honest. I mean why should I waste time on that that when I can focus on a partner, pet or things? Also I wouldn't really want my kids to have whatever mental diseases I have anyways :v

And I think one should respect if another doesn't want a kid. It's their choice, their life and this universal whine force that people join and spit on people who doesn't have/want kids should be killed with fire.

Sometimes kids are ok, sometimes they're the bane of my existence. I would never have any of my own, but I do like well behaved children and will be willing to baby-sit them for short periods of time. As long as I can give the kid back as soon it starts crying or poops I can tolerate them.

Really annoying, expensive and time-consuming. I don't really get why people are so excited about having one or more to be honest. I mean why should I waste time on that that when I can focus on a partner, pet or things? Also I wouldn't really want my kids to have whatever mental diseases I have anyways :v

And I think one should respect if another doesn't want a kid. It's their choice, their life and this universal whine force that people join and spit on people who doesn't have/want kids should be killed with fire.

I couldn't agree more. I can't stand kids and I simply don't understand why anyone would ever want one, but I still respect their decisions.

On the other hand, I've been called irresponsible for not wanting any. I had a vasectomy almost three years ago, while being a single childfree virgin, and got a lot of patronizing crap from people about that decision, along the lines of "you'll change your mind later!"

Thankfully, I've since found a wonderful partner who also never wants kids, but I'm still annoyed with people who have this weird anti-childree bias.

I don't hate kids, but I don't think you should bring them in public if they're usually very loud ie. screaming, squalling, wailing. I work in a restaurant and NOTHING is more annoying than a small child that's screaming and throwing food around. I get sometimes kids do embarrassing things that parents can't help, but if you can't control your children I don't think you should take them out in public.

i dont like children. im awful with them too. i could see why people want them but i personally never will have them. maybe i'll adopt an older child, like 11+?

I like kids, but I also dislike them. My love for them varies based on age. They always go through those phases where they act out. Not all of them, but the majority I guess. I definitely wanna have a kid of my own, but child birth is terrifying. I would definitely consider adoption, but something tells me that there is something really special when you make the kid yourself. And I don't mean the process of actually making the kid...

I hate annoying children, I want to bully them so badly. No edgy.
Some kids are nice though. But majority of the kids I meet a freaking brats that I want to punch in the face if the law allows me to do so.

They can be pretty fun. I went to my friend's house and played on the Wii U with him and his younger brothers. It was pretty enjoyable playing as the 4 of us. Also, when my friend left the game (which was Super Mario 3d World, btw), I felt like I was really good at the game since his little brothers weren't as good at it and constantly bubbled themself (which is what you do when you don't wanna be hurt and want to follow whoever is playing).

It depends on whose kids they are and how the kid behaves, but I love kids, and I want to have some someday. Sometimes though I just want to smack some people's kids, like seriously, learn how to parent, your kid is being a brat and you're obviously not doing anything about it.

I hate most of them. Especially the ones that scream in public

Back