How do you feel about voice chatting?

• I enjoy it. It's more convenient than typing.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It's alright, but I prefer to text or type out my messages.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will do it if I absolutely have to, but I do not enjoy it.

• No. I either don't use the feature or find a way around it.

• Other? (Explain)

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores

I don't think I'd mind it so much if my voice wasn't naturally raspy, but that's more a personal problem. Also, people tend to perceive me as a male online and are genuinely confused when they hear a female's voice on the other end. Still, both are irrelevant because I'm non-binary.

I'm not too self-conscious of my voice, but my gender always seems to come up when I use voice chatting functions.

Does voice chatting make you uncomfortable, and for what reasons?

I'm not a fan. I sound like a child, and also struggle with the gender issue (genderfluid), people hear the name Carter and assume masculine, then hear my voice and question if they're talking to the right person
I've legitimately had important calls where the person I was speaking with went "And you're how old?" 😓
So I get how you feel

I don't mind it as much if it's with friends, but when it's people I'm not close to, I'd really rather not.

I hate the way my voice sounds and I've been having problems with my throat for over a year which has make my voice constantly croaky. I hate voice chatting at the best of times, but the way my throat is at the moment makes it even worse.

I'm weirdly more at ease putting on headphones and talking with strangers.

Because if it's somebody I already know or have been chatting with, I feel more self conscious and have the need to make a better impression.

I am kind of shy with strangers and super introvert. I get used to it after some time and it is fun to play videogames together for example! I really enjoy it actually but it always takes some time and a lot of anxiety to get there.

Back