• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Usually the light is on. Until I accidentally turned it off after moving some furniture around. When I entered my house at night, I was surprised by how dark it was. Then I noticed the pale moonlight coming in through the window. This is another of a long list of reasons why I enjoy this game so much. The lighting is gorgeous and atmospheric.
wishuponastar.jpg

It's the Bug-Off today! I've gotten all the prizes I'd wanted in the summer Bug-Off but I participated anyway because it's fun to catch bugs. What's really challenging is taking screenshots of my islanders chasing bugs! By the time I have my camera set up, the bug has escaped, my resident has lost interest, or both the bug and my resident are no longer in the frame. If only I knew a place where I could trade in my elderly reflexes for non-elderly ones. 😑📸 This is my only good shot today. I think I only managed this one because Wolfgang moves as slowly as I do. 😉😅
bugoff-wg-b.jpg

For the longest time, I left a grasshopper in its cute little bamboo cage outside Claude's house, since he likes bugs and, I thought, he'd have this one to talk to when he goes out. Today, however, Claude tells me something I never expected to hear. Claude, you have such a pure heart. I have so much to learn from you. 😭
claude-grasshopperincageoutside1-b.jpg

claude-grasshopperincageoutside2-b.jpg

In other news, I need to make up my mind as to which islander I will move out soon. It's between Zucker and Tutu. Decisions like these get harder the longer I play my game, because I get so attached to my residents. But I know I want to invite new animals to live on my island from time to time because there are so many I have not met.
tutu-zuckerandfriend-b.jpg

By most standards, my island is underdeveloped. I let my rivers run wild. The paths meander. There is a grand total of three bridges and one incline. No fence around any house. "Star gazing spot" is literally a spot with a stone stool and a telescope. "Camp" is a bonfire and a log bench. The beach looks like a beach. I have ducks. I like ducks. 🦆 I love my island. It's my escape. Because real life happens in a concrete jungle, I don't want my island to look like a city. (Unpopular opinion ahead!) I'm actually afraid that Nook's Cranny will update again, and look like the gaudy T&T Emporium in New Leaf. o_O
littlestar-map-sept-b.jpg

By most standards, my island is underdeveloped. I let my rivers run wild. The paths meander. There is a grand total of three bridges and one incline. No fence around any house. "Star gazing spot" is literally a spot with a stone stool and a telescope. "Camp" is a bonfire and a log bench. The beach looks like a beach. I have ducks. I like ducks. 🦆 I love my island. It's my escape. Because real life happens in a concrete jungle, I don't want my island to look like a city. (Unpopular opinion ahead!) I'm actually afraid that Nook's Cranny will update again, and look like the gaudy T&T Emporium in New Leaf. o_O
View attachment 323096

Oh I feel you 100% on fearing a Nooks cranny upgrade! I may have to hide it away if it becomes a flashy department store since much like you, I'm steering away from any big city vibes.

Your map looks lovely! I also love the dedication in mapping where all your ducks are. 🦆

Oh I feel you 100% on fearing a Nooks cranny upgrade! I may have to hide it away if it becomes a flashy department store since much like you, I'm steering away from any big city vibes.

Your map looks lovely! I also love the dedication in mapping where all your ducks are. 🦆

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!

Yeah, if an upgraded Nook's Cranny looks like a mini mall, I'll have to find a crazy secluded spot for it. Probably somewhere unreachable except with a ladder. I think the store looks fine the way it is, and hope they just add another floor or another room instead of changing the exterior.

I appreciate your kind words! Right now, looking at my map, I've just realized I don't have ducks on the western side of my island. This needs to be corrected. :LOL:

😭 I will miss you, my little friend. Don't forget to dress warmly in cold weather! (Wouldn't it be nice if islanders who left wrote back occasionally to tell you of their latest adventures? 📬 )
zucker-adventure1.jpg

zucker-adventure2.jpg

zucker-adventure3.jpg

Everyone I talked to today keeps reminding me that Raymond's birthday is tomorrow! He's pretty popular even though I don't see him socializing with the other islanders all that often. My bestest little bunny friend Claude reminded me too. But he also had this little story to tell me, about his present for Raymond...
claude-raymondpresent1.jpg

claude-raymondpresent2-b.jpg

claude-raymondpresent3-b.jpg

... I love Claude. :LOL:

Today is Raymond's birthday! I spent 3 days of my life using the campsite method to get Raymond, even though I wasn't sure I'd bond with him. But I like cats and I love his design. The past few months have been a blast with Raymond. To me, he's a sweetheart. (His super cute two-handed goodbye wave is proof!) I believe his aloof demeanor and deliberate use of a bloated and bombastic vocabulary are simply walls he has erected between the world and himself. RAYMOND, MON AMI, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🥳 🎉
ray-birthday2-b.jpg

In other news, old neighbour meets new neighbour!
maelle-rolf.jpg

Maelle is my newest move-in and my first duck in New Horizons. She's probably among the least popular villagers in the franchise but, to me, she's completely cute! She might be the first snooty I really like. 😌 There's just something about her tiny size, that perfect bob and those big-as-dinner-plate eyes I find adorable. And the interior of her house? It's an outdoor cafe!
maelle-1.jpg

maelle-interior.jpg

Have I mentioned that Wolfgang is a voracious reader on my island? That he reads everywhere? All over the place? Only about 5,376 times before. Well, he's still doing it. But, here, take a gander at this. A new reading spot. A weird new reading spot. I mean, his butt is --> this close <-- to getting soaked! :LOL:💦
oct2-wg-reading-b.jpg

Maelle is my newest move-in and my first duck in New Horizons. She's probably among the least popular villagers in the franchise but, to me, she's completely cute! She might be the first snooty I really like. 😌 There's just something about her tiny size, that perfect bob and those big-as-dinner-plate eyes I find adorable. And the interior of her house? It's an outdoor cafe!
View attachment 323943
View attachment 323944
She really is cute! I like her design. She reminds me of Gloria, another cool duckling villager; even their interiors are similar.

It doesn't matter who's singing at the plaza. As long as someone is singing, I will stop and listen for a while. I'll never get tired of watching my residents do what they love. I mean, look at Raymond, he's so into it, just singing his little cat heart out. It's the same in real life. I love people who do whatever they do with a passion. I want to support them. Because, if something is worth doing, it's worth doing well. Put everything you've got into your effort. I remind my son now and then about this. I believe it's a good habit to have. Yikes! I am preachy today! 🤪
oct5-raysings.jpg

Last edited:
First it was Raymond, now it's Claude, singing his little bunny heart out at the plaza while wearing the winter-solstice sweater that I gave him. It looks so good on him too! :D
autumn-claudesings-b.jpg

Just a heads-up. Updating my island journal will be on a less frequent basis. Reason: I'm playing early access Baldur's Gate 3! WAAAAAH! Words cannot describe how much I want to spend every waking moment playing this RPG. I'll still check in on my islanders every day but I'll spend less time on the forum. Because BG3 is my world right now. Even as I type this, I'm itching to return to my game. I feel heady, like a girl in love for the first time! 🤨🤪 Even though this is actually the third time I'm in love with a Larian Studios' game. They're so good. ❤🤓

Trying to decorate my island for that Halloween spirit takes a lot of running around! Pumpkins are growing, getting carved, placed here and there for effect. I don't celebrate Halloween in real life. But the in-game items are cute. 🎃👻🕸 I've always liked the spooky stuff. Since I was a kid, I've enjoyed horror books and movies. I like to say, nothing is scarier than real life. Just read the news. :(
oct6-plazaactivity1-b.jpg

And now I must rush back to my game. Baldur's Gate 3 may be early access right now, but it's already such great fun to play! My party includes a 200-year-old vampire who tried to drink my elfen blood while I slept; a loquacious wizard who feels no shame praising his own good looks; an irritable githyanki who hurls insults at me every which way every time I try to talk to her. No, they don't get along at all. 😆

And this is why I love Fuchsia (undeniably my island's MVP) and the uchi personality! ❤
fuchsia-maelle1-tile1.jpg

There's Fuchsia giving Maelle the stink eye! She once tried to teach one of my lazy islanders the art of giving the stink eye, but ended up causing him to cry out of fright. :ROFLMAO:
fuchsia-maelle9-tile2.jpg

Words of wisdom right there. Love your islanders for who they are. Love your island for what it is. Happiness is not about imposing your will on everyone and everything. And now I must rush back to my Baldur's Gate 3 playthrough, where every battle is mindbogglingly far from perfect but, hey, I actually learn a lot from dying repeatedly! :eek::D

Back