• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Although this instantly puts me at a disadvantage, as I don't have X or Y, I have decided to allow Friend Safari Shinies as legitimate entries. CreeperHugz and DemonOtaku, do you think this is fair?

the only real luck I've had is fishing chaining.. and -once- I hatched a shiny. Though.. maybe I'm due for another hatched shiny soon[I did do my good deed for the day already]. Neighbour's vehicle was stuck in a rut[damn snow/ice], and I went over to lend a hand.

Although this instantly puts me at a disadvantage, as I don't have X or Y, I have decided to allow Friend Safari Shinies as legitimate entries. CreeperHugz and DemonOtaku, do you think this is fair?

I would enter, but I am working on my competitive team right now.

I would enter, but I am working on my competitive team right now.

Yeah, shiny modest Froakie (or something like that), right?

CreeperHugz and DemonOtaku, we need to decide exactly what to look for to decide if it is a legitimate shiny or not. Please, PM me to decide on a legitimatizing process.

Edit: Oh, and I won't be here from six to eight-o'-clock; I am being forced to go to a youth group thing. I will also try to be up at midnight to announce the starting of the competition.

Edit Edit: I think it was cancelled, due to a high wind whipping through the area.

Last edited:
I believe Friend Safari shinies are fair. I have no idea how many hours I've been trying to find a single shiny in there...

I would say that friend safari shinies are fair, because although I'm pretty sure the FS had increased shiny odds, it's impossible to chain there since the pokeradar doesn't work there.

Oh, I had thought that the Pok?radar had worked in there: that was the only reason i banned it. And, I have contacted DemonOtaku about it: Friend Safari Shinies are hereby officially allowed in this competition!

Yeah, shiny modest Froakie (or something like that), right?

CreeperHugz and DemonOtaku, we need to decide exactly what to look for to decide if it is a legitimate shiny or not. Please, PM me to decide on a legitimatizing process.

Edit: Oh, and I won't be here from six to eight-o'-clock; I am being forced to go to a youth group thing. I will also try to be up at midnight to announce the starting of the competition.

Edit Edit: I think it was cancelled, due to a high wind whipping through the area.

Yeah, but I decided not to go for a shiny. With how long it is taking, I am just going to settle for a perfect iv froakie.

Now, as aforementioned, we still need three more entries! (Actually, we don't. It's going to go on whether three more people join in or not.) Now, we would all like it if we had at least seven people in our participating party, right? (Completely an assumption; correct me if I'm wrong)

Now, as aforementioned, we still need three more entries! (Actually, we don't. It's going to go on whether three more people join in or not.) Now, we would all like it if we had at least seven people in our participating party, right? (Completely an assumption; correct me if I'm wrong)

Well the more the better. :3
And if we need more entries; I can try to participate. I probably won't have much time to hunt for shinies in the beginning of the week, but I'll try to get something.

The more the merrier! Short of work suddenly becoming hugely busy (which would be nice, as the last few months have been a desert and that ain't good for the self-employed) I should have plenty of time to practice chaining. Breeding isn't working, I've hatched over 150 Honedge eggs and although the stats are now regularly fantastic the shiny still eludes me. I've had a bunch of Wonder Traded Japanese IV breeder throw-aways that have made me want to try breeding for perfect IV shinies in other breeds too now, but I'll carry on with the Honedge for a while yet. Any shiny breeders out there have a limit on the number of hatchings they do before they move on, or do you just keep going til you get one?

I usually go between 150 and 200 before I change to a different pokemon myself.

5iv Timid shiny female Eevee
(IVs: 31\31\31\31\21\31)

IMG_8324.jpg

*explodes*

Last edited:
5iv Timid shiny female Eevee
(IVs: 31\31\31\31\21\31)

*explodes*

I'd die if I had one. I reaaaallllyyyy want a female shiny eevee so I can evolve her into green Jolteon like I had in Soulsilver (didn't matter she was hacked, she was my bb) I am completely jelly ;-;

Also I might enter to competition, even though I only have three shines, lol.

Had a power outage last night; wasn't here for the start of it!

Now, the Shiny Hunting Competition has begun! Any submissions from last midnight until next Monday, at 6:00 P.M. Eastern Time will be accepted as long as they are deemed legitimate by the judges: DemonOtaku, CreeperHugz, and I. Rules, although already explained, will be reposted here, to freshen the mind:

-(Sorry to all of y'all using this as the main method) NO chain-fishing, because shinies pop up waaaay too much using this method. SR Shinies, RE Shinies, Egg Shinies, and Chained Shinies are allowed, from any generation. Again, sorry.

-If it is a water type Pok?mon, then evidence must be provided, including where it appeared, and a screenshot to verify that it was on land (In-battle screenshot). Or, if it is a Pok?mon that can appear in water.

-The competition will last for a week. It will end on Monday, November 25th (Eastern).

-The winner will win the satisfaction of winning (Or 100 Forum Bells, if I discover how to give these to others by then), along with the Shinies you have caught.

-Wonder Trade Shinies, along with Shinies one pawned off the GTS, are not accepted as entries.

-Winning is described as getting the most accepted shinies by the end of the week.

-The judges are: Blu Rose, DemonOtaku, and CreeperHugz.

-We will accept entries from non-participants, as I feel that we should give everyone a fair chance.

-A screenshot of the summary screen showing the date of the catch must be presented in order to be accepted ((this does not apply to generation III games, as they do not keep track of the dates) To counter this, an in-battle screenshot must be supplied... For all generations, even X/Y.)

-Last, but not least, HAVE FUN!!!!!! This is a clean competition; please don't cheat, nor even try, as we judges are likely to catch you trying.

Last edited:
So anyone with a Gen III game could claim an old shiny they hacked for as the one they just caught, unless there's some other way to prove they just caught it

And I'm jealous of that eevee, Silversea. I want her. (though I could just as easilly pull up a pokemon creating pokemon and create myself the perfect shiny eevee. He/She would, of course, have legit stats. I hate people who give their pokemon unbeatable stats.)

edit: I do have a perfect IV male glaceon, but the problem is I lack a compatible female with perfect IVs to breed him with. Thought about nabbing a perfect IV vulpix with her hidden ability off the GTS, but I'd rather get my hands on another perfect IV eevee[female, this time].

Last edited:
Back