• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Would it be safe to say that FireNinja1 and I are tied in first with the number of points? I'm not trying to convey that I am desperate here, just reading over it sounded likeso.

Would it be safe to say that FireNinja1 and I are tied in first with the number of points? I'm not trying to convey that I am desperate here, just reading over it sounded likeso.

I've been hoping to get a shiny in the Friend Safari while I'm level grinding on Audinos, but no luck there. Plus when one falls head/shoulder first to the ground because of some darn teens fooling around it really takes the patience of a guy. xc
I may have to resource to Chaining. >.> I have become better at it though.

You guys won't believe what just happened to me... ._.
When I accidentally went into the grass a *&%^* shiny Smeargle appeared. Dam thing killed it's self. I... I give up on life. ;A;
Here's a crappy blurry photo as proof.
005.jpg

Last edited:
When I accidentally went into the grass a *&%^* shiny Smeargle appeared. Dam thing killed it's self. I... I give up on life. ;A;

I know how you feel. Two weeks ago or so I ran into a shiny Graveler in Victory Road. I used a Quick Ball and it didn't work and then it used Explosion or Selfdestruct, I don't remember. I was so pissed because I was praying for that Graveler to not use an Explosion attack.

I actually had the most nerve wracking experience. I encountered a shiny Electrode in a friend safari and I was so worried it was going to have self destruct. Thankfully, after about 10 pok?balls, I caught it. Turns out that it wasn't even a part of its moveset. Go figure. xD

Wait a minute.. aren't you a judge? judges shouldn't be allowed to compete... kinda.. defeats the purpose of being a judge; doesn't it?

Also, got a shiny froakie =D Named her Ashu(IVs are 31/22/31/20/31/31), no egg moves sadly; but she does have Protean.(not sure if modest nature is hindering her though)

Wait how does a smeargle kill itself?

I had a suicide eevee before. Used false swipe and it used double-edge. (not shiny but still).

Last edited:
Wait how does a smeargle kill itself?

I had a suicide eevee before. Used false swipe and it used double-edge. (not shiny but still).

well smeargle's only known move is sketch.
I'd assume it either sketched nothing (coz they threw a pokeball at the start of the battle - so it failed), or sketched a move and then ran out of PP, causing it to use struggle nd eventually knock itself out

TL;DR - STRUGGLE

Last edited:
well smeargle's only known move is sketch.
I'd assume it either sketched nothing (coz they threw a pokeball at the start of the battle - so it failed), or sketched a move and then ran out of PP, causing it to use struggle nd eventually knock itself out

TL;DR - STRUGGLE

Ah I didn't know that about sketch. Never used smeargle so all I know is it had 1PP and it copied an opponent's move.

Wait a minute.. aren't you a judge? judges shouldn't be allowed to compete... kinda.. defeats the purpose of being a judge; doesn't it?

Also, got a shiny froakie =D Named her Ashu(IVs are 31/22/31/20/31/31), no egg moves sadly; but she does have Protean.(not sure if modest nature is hindering her though)

Well, yeah, but it is one of the only reasons I made three judges: Two judges need to be in favor. So, I wait for DemonOtaku and CreeperHugz. Also, DemonOtaku was participating.

@DemonOtaku: I personally would say congrats: But, you didn't catch it, as evidently said. Umm... We are sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
Shiny Absol get.(Like my shiny froakie, it doen't count toward the competition. SV Method was used again. Not passing on a free shiny chance!)

Mine? Nah, I'm just searching for my SV at reddit.

link to reddit thing please?
you've probs linked it somewhere before but I kinda wanna hatch some more shinys 'casue I haven't played Pokemon for a long time lol.

o w8 i found it. but one question, how to i add the name/FC/SV after my name? like this
http://prntscr.com/263pfu

Last edited:

It is actually one of the two most popular natures for Greninja, with timid being the other. It is a viable competitive option,

- - - Post Merge - - -

link to reddit thing please?
you've probs linked it somewhere before but I kinda wanna hatch some more shinys 'casue I haven't played Pokemon for a long time lol.

o w8 i found it. but one question, how to i add the name/FC/SV after my name? like this
http://prntscr.com/263pfu

Figured that out yesterday after half an hour of searching. Look on the righthand side of the screen where the sidebar with menus and such is. Underneath the subscribe button towards the top, there should be some text mentioning "flair" and then have your username and an edit button next to it or somewhere near it. Click that, and then type something like this: TSV: [561] FC: [3351-4620-0608]

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mine? Nah, I'm just searching for my SV at reddit.

You're lucky. I have only found one so far that matched mine. Thankfully I have no competition to get it though, as no one else in their database has that number.

Last edited:
thank i did it.
Got a shiny Goomy through the SV method, but nothing else has popped since haven't seen any eggs with my SV.

It is actually one of the two most popular natures for Greninja, with timid being the other. It is a viable competitive option,

I think +Spe natures are superior and almost mandatory on a frail but proactive Pokemon like Protean Greninja. Timid is the go-to nature, unless you're running U-Turn too, in which case Hasty is the best.

Two in 2 days Blu Rose? Congrats! Incidentally and for the record I have no problem at all with any or all of the judges also participating. It's not like we're competing for a million dollar jackpot, after all. As for me, I've hatched about a billion Charmander eggs and a similar number of Honedge. Some great stats (perfect 31/31/31/31/31/0 Honedge and almost perfect 31/31/31/31/x/31 Charmander) but no shinies. Chaining doesn't work for me, and FS is not throwing anything at me either. I'll carry on for the weekend (might do Shinx next) but I think I'll be getting the wooden spoon award...

Back