• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Two in 2 days Blu Rose? Congrats! Incidentally and for the record I have no problem at all with any or all of the judges also participating. It's not like we're competing for a million dollar jackpot, after all. As for me, I've hatched about a billion Charmander eggs and a similar number of Honedge. Some great stats (perfect 31/31/31/31/31/0 Honedge and almost perfect 31/31/31/31/x/31 Charmander) but no shinies. Chaining doesn't work for me, and FS is not throwing anything at me either. I'll carry on for the weekend (might do Shinx next) but I think I'll be getting the wooden spoon award...

Well, technically, two in 2 years (The egg PID was generated then.)

Now that I think about it, I caught Scurryer#1 after I got that egg... Overall, I could've hatched this egg two years ago!
Scurryer was caught on March of this year, the fourth at around 4:17 P.M... Hey, Shinx looks like a boss. Anyways, don't give up! I don't think by any means that I am going to get ANOTHER Shiny by Monday. Come on, people, I discovered how to give Forum Bells yesterday! (In other words, 100 bells to the winner of this contest!)

Last edited:
You're lucky. I have only found one so far that matched mine. Thankfully I have no competition to get it though, as no one else in their database has that number.

Heh, I've got, I believe, 2 or 3 other people there with my SV

Well I've finally (after 3 days) got a 5IV female Charmander so I've swapped out the 4IV one I had as mum and we'll see what she produces. Dad is a 4IV Japanese Aron. I'm only going to do another box or two of Charmander now, I've hatched well over 400 and I'm getting seriously bored. Does anyone know if swapping parents (or even species) does anything to shiny chances? Does it reset somehow, or is it always 1/4000-ish when using the Masuda method?

Well I've finally (after 3 days) got a 5IV female Charmander so I've swapped out the 4IV one I had as mum and we'll see what she produces. Dad is a 4IV Japanese Aron. I'm only going to do another box or two of Charmander now, I've hatched well over 400 and I'm getting seriously bored. Does anyone know if swapping parents (or even species) does anything to shiny chances? Does it reset somehow, or is it always 1/4000-ish when using the Masuda method?

The mm chances are 1/2000ish now. Changing parents doesn't reset it because it works differently than chaining.

I seriously want one of your extra eggs if you get one with 3372 as its SV. Seriously.

I have no way of checking unfortunately - got a laptop, but no wire to bypass the Wi-Fi. If you can check them, you're welcome to one of them.

ahh can someone check my SV please? i just cant do it with mine even though i have a laptop...

@Gingersnap: I would love to, but I don't have X/Y...

Anyways, we have 17 1/2 hours left of the Shiny Competition! Who will win? So far, the tallies are:

FireNinja1 leads the way with one point
(my shinies haven't been deemed legitimate by two of the three judges).

Last edited:
ahh can someone check my SV please? i just cant do it with mine even though i have a laptop...

I would... but I have the same issue. My laptop can't even start the program

edit: just finished power training my shiny greninja. Focused on her speed mostly[figured ninjas are supposed to be fast, so lets make her fast as well], I did do some special attack/attack/special defence/defence/and HP training as well; of course.

Here's hoping I didn't screw Ashu up.

Last edited:
FireNinja1 leads the way with one point (my shinies haven't been deemed legitimate by two of the three judges.)

Oh, well the Scraggy and Phione seem legit to me.

Here's hoping I didn't screw Ashu up.

You can always reset the EVs with the Reset Bag if it doesn't work out.

Last edited:
Still slogging away with Charmander... hope at least some of these 5IV critters will be appreciated by their new owners. I've sent over 300 of them into WT, and released another 300 (the ones with lower IVs). And I currently have more than 2 boxes full from today's efforts. Sigh. I will get my shiny Charizard eventually... Incidentally, if anyone here has access to Instacheck, I'm quite happy to trade out some eggs so you guys can find someone suitable to hatch yourselves a high-IV shiny Charmander. I can't check them myself, unfortunately - and I can't 100% guarantee you 5 IVs either, but at least 3 are guaranteed, all with Adamant nature. Mum is a 5IV Charmander and dad is a 4IV Aron.

I know it's just my perception, but honestly every Charmander that hatches seems to be even more orange than the one before... Occasionally I'll even check my Pokedex, just to make sure I haven't missed noticing a shiny hatch. It's kind of depressing, but persistence will win the day. Eventually. Maybe.

Hopefully.

Anyways, after a P.M. conversation, CreeperHugz says they are both legitimate.

Update:

I lead the way with two points, and FireNinja1 comes along with his/her (hey, you never know...) Pumpkaboo.

Last edited:
I think Dizzi should at least get some TBT bells, as s/he's was the only other person that participated.

Yeah. Good point, Mr. Otaku. Thus, I will give you forum bells after the competition ends, Dizzi Paradise!

Edit: Also, Dizzi, I used to think that every Audino I ran into was getting more purple...

Last edited:
I took part too.. just never managed to get any shinies that counted xD

Hey, it was a contest; right? to the winner goes the spoils!(I gave it my best, but my best wasn't good enough)

Awwww, thanks guys! (I'm of the female persuasion btw, I'd say I'm a girl but I'm a bit old for that!) I've just enjoyed the competition really, is a shame we didn't have more participants (or more shinies!) but it's been fun.

Back