• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Got my first Operation Zubat Storm Zubat just now. I'm quite disappointed actually - IVs are rubbish, no egg moves and ability is only Inner Focus. I'll post my Zubat catches as I go, I'm currently spamming WT with Absol in the hopes of diverting some of those blasted bats from their intended targets. It's mostly Japanese people online right now, but the OZS guys will be increasing their fire soon enough...

I'm dumping a few Happy Hour Smeargles onto the wonder trade myself.

How does one get a Happy Hour Smeargle? I was told it can't be sketched and bred. I'm guessing then that you have to face someone with a Happy Hour Inkay and then sketch it from there?

I had wild smeargles sketch it off of my smeargle, then I caught them. Dunno who told you it can't be sketched, because it certainly can be sketched.

edit: I can get you one later if you want. Planning on ditching pokemon for the day as soon as Starbound is done downloading.

Last edited:
I had wild smeargles sketch it off of my smeargle, then I caught them. Dunno who told you it can't be sketched, because it certainly can be sketched.

edit: I can get you one later if you want. Planning on ditching pokemon for the day as soon as Starbound is done downloading.

I didn't mean it can't be sketched, just heard that it can't be passed down as an egg move. Sorry I wasn't clear.

And sure, if you don't mind ^^.

NanoStar, as said earlier, I hope you succeed in your Ralts hunt. I, for one, want to become rivals to see who can get Ralts first, but that is just me.

You're on Blu Rose, I've currently hatched 480 eggs and still hatching. I don't care if I have to hatch 1000+ eggs, I'm not stopping until I get my shiny Ralts.

Finally decided to really attempt breeding a shiny and not give up until I get one. I found a Japanese Spiritomb from the GTS last night for a Medicham, so now with one of the Dittos I got from a friend safari, I am chain breeding the hell out of them until I get my shiny. As they hatch, they have Pursuit, Confuse Ray, Spite, and Shadow Sneak. If anyone wants a level 1 Spiritomb, just ask. I'll have a tish ton of them for a while

After 587 eggs I finally hatched a shiny ralts with flawless IVs. It's also female, I consider this a lucky bonus in my book. If it had hatched male I would of nicknamed it Paul. :)

Finally decided to really attempt breeding a shiny and not give up until I get one. I found a Japanese Spiritomb from the GTS last night for a Medicham, so now with one of the Dittos I got from a friend safari, I am chain breeding the hell out of them until I get my shiny. As they hatch, they have Pursuit, Confuse Ray, Spite, and Shadow Sneak. If anyone wants a level 1 Spiritomb, just ask. I'll have a tish ton of them for a while

Good luck on your shiny hunt. never give up, you will eventually come across a shiny. :)

I have 4 or 5 IV japanese spiritomb I got for hatching somebodies egg for them x3

Hatching eggs for people on reddit seems to pay off often lol

After 587 eggs I finally hatched a shiny ralts with flawless IVs. It's also female, I consider this a lucky bonus in my book. If it had hatched male I would of nicknamed it Paul. :)

Good luck on your shiny hunt. never give up, you will eventually come across a shiny. :)

Well, my chaining method in Diamond is absolutely NOT working... Onto breeding! Congrats, NanoStar!

Edit: Typooooooo...

Last edited:
Got a shiny aron the other night from reddit. Named him Armon[kudos to anyone who knows where the name is from]

Got a shiny aron the other night from reddit. Named him Armon[kudos to anyone who knows where the name is from]

An Israeli poet?

Edit: Oh, I remember that film! I watched it once.

Edit Edit: Typooooo...

Last edited:
Hate to say it.. but that's not the reference I was going for xD

I was actually referencing Armon from Mummies Alive[oooooold cartoon from when I was a kid]

Yesterday I caught a shiny Lampent, < dream shiny :), and today a shiny Sawk, also a dream shiny. What sucks is that most of the shinies I catch end up with a terrible nature like Sawk who had Modest :(

Pokemon X is great for shinies. I killed a Shiny Geodude (the model in the pokedex is just haunting me) a shiny Minccino from Friend Safari, a Vanillite while EV training (Kadabra and Poliwhirl yo) and I believe I had caught another one

What sucks is that most of the shinies I catch end up with a terrible nature like Sawk who had Modest :(

Which is why I prefer to breed for shinies. Not having much luck though - apart from those two Larvitar (which I bred without trying for good IVs so they don't have any) I've not managed to hatch a single shiny. 3k or so eggs. Not happy :-(

Which is why I prefer to breed for shinies. Not having much luck though - apart from those two Larvitar (which I bred without trying for good IVs so they don't have any) I've not managed to hatch a single shiny. 3k or so eggs. Not happy :-(

Once I get my Feebas or Milotic transfered, I'll start masuda methoding again because I love that shiny. The first time I tried MM I decided to quit because getting a shiny Amaura was getting long and annoying.

Back