• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Shiny swinub from the SV method for me[I'll probably never use her though]

I might have to start breeding ralts, just to try and help you get one; Blu. Or I could give you Kiki once she's in Y. She's a shiny gardevoir... though I don't really want to split her from her mate; my shiny gallade.....

One BIG problem: I don't have a 3DS, nor a hardware counterpart, nor X or Y.

Edit: Well, I do have a 3DS, just it isn't working (stupid short-circuits!). Well, actually, 'tis a friend's 3DS... She told me that if I could fix it, I could have it. Working dilligently...

Last edited:
I haven't been in here in forever... I kind of stopped shiny hunting for a while but I may go back to it with this idea.

Ok, I just rented Y and currently playing it in Spanish. Once I get the Everstone and Destiny Knot I'll start to breed 4/5iv Parents to use for Matsuda Method. I only have 5 days for this game so I may need others help to get started with 3-5iv Pokemon, I'll reward with Spanish 4/5iv Pokemon once I breed them. But I'll have to get the items first before laying out my plan.

Let us know what English Pokemon you'd like to breed with the Spanish ones DemonOtaku. I'm currently breeding for shinies and trying to get good IVs at the same time, so I end up with lots of unwanted non-shiny 5IV Pokemon that just end up on WT, would be happy to let you have them.

Thank you Dizzi, I appreciate it.

I'm going to breed them by egg groups, so I would like to start with Field Pokemon. I'll need a pair that focuses on Attack and another pair that focuses on Sp. Attack. It would also be nice if they have two egg groups, to cover more ground in this short time. I finally have access to the Battle Institute so I can check IV's using an online calculator, so I'm pretty much set.

I'm sure I have a male Mareep with 5IVs 31/31/31/xx/31/31, would cover Field and Monster if you want it? Let me see if I can find it for you, I have a LOT of Mareep. I have a female one too if you want that?

ETA - Have both a female and male Mareep right here, both have Modest natures. My FC is 3866-8422-0588, I'm just about to add you. Just initiate a trade when you're ready (I don't need anything special, just keep me in mind for any spare shinies you may get in the future!)

Last edited:
Ah yes, that would be great, thank you. I'll give you the first 5iv one I breed.

I'll have to download the patch for Y before I can use the PSS so let me do that first.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Alright done. I've added you, the Character is a female named Maria.

I will remember that!

Done and done! Give me a shout for whatever you need later on, I should have a 5IV Charmander somewhere as well, as well as others.

Apparently I can't use the Battle Institution because my Pokemon aren't "Strong" enough. Ugh...
I'll try to pass the rest of the game today, sorry Dizzi I won't be able to get one for you today as I can't check them to see which has 5iv. I'm currently on the road for the 6th badge so I'm not to far from finishing.

I wish my IV'd cleffa was male.. I'd be able to breed it with my IV'd pikachu then >.< (once its a clefairy, of course) oh well.. I'll just have to breed out the cleffa and hope for a good IV'd male to come out of breeding.(pretty sure its in the same egg group as pikachu....)

Maybe. I never really did continue the Masuda method for my shiny Shinx. Went through 1,073 eggs and not a single one was shiny. Eventually it just tolled my space so I stopped.

Back