• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

What does the community think of "legal" hacked pokemon? I have a few shinies which look legit in my White 2 game but I can never be sure -- does anyone really care how legit pokemon are as long as they are legal?

I don't know what you mean by "legally" hacked Pokemon. I don't like hacked shinies, they don't feel as special as ones that you've encountered by luck or work.

Awhile back I bought another copy of Platinum because I lost my own (a year later a found it in a book ._.). And well the file contain boxes full of hacked shiny Pokemon. Throughout all day today I've been transferring my Pokemon from gen 3 games into both of my copies of Platinum, preparing for Pokebank. I released a whole box of the hacked Pokemon without any hesitation. They are just not worth anything in my eyes. But if someone wants to use them then whatever, it's not a problem as long as they don't do it online.

By "legal" I mean I pokemon that has natural stats and moves. For example, a level 100 magikarp with hyper beam isn't legal. A lv 50 Blissey with 999 HP is not legal either.

Quoting someone:
legal hacks are pokes hacked with legal moves, abilities, IVs, and EVs.

In addition legal hacks generally have a caught level and location that is applicable to the pokemon type. So in effect legal hacks often look identical to "legit" pokemon.

Last edited:
I have seen a few people who have tried to make a hacked Pok?mon that hatched from an egg:

"Egg hatched at DayCare Couple."

This really bugs me. Oh, and when it hatched from an egg, but was caught in anything but a Pok? Ball.

Last edited:
Just found two shinies in the Friend Safari. Last night I came across a shiny Absol. Named it Myst. And today I found a shiny Vullaby. Named it Sunburn. Hopefully I'll find a shiny Sneasel soon. Been working on this hunt for over a month now.

Finally found one :)!!! Named it Dash, for now. So now onto the next hunt.

Last edited:
Just found two shinies in the Friend Safari. Last night I came across a shiny Absol. Named it Myst. And today I found a shiny Vullaby. Named it Sunburn. Hopefully I'll find a shiny Sneasel soon. Been working on this hunt for over a month now.

Finally found one :)!!! Named it Dash, for now. So now onto the next hunt.

Ha! I have a dragon on a dragon adoptables site named Myst. She's a dark dragon x3

On topic: I might be happy giving up my hunt for a shiny pichu, seeing as the IV Checker finally decided to give me a 6IV female pichu after around 200 or so eggs. She may not be shiny, but she's still awesome! Rain will grow up to be an amazing Raichu one day! She's adamant, which isn't a nature I was hoping for[was hoping for modest or naive, but Adamant works. No stats take a hit at least].

Ha! I have a dragon on a dragon adoptables site named Myst. She's a dark dragon x3

On topic: I might be happy giving up my hunt for a shiny pichu, seeing as the IV Checker finally decided to give me a 6IV female pichu after around 200 or so eggs. She may not be shiny, but she's still awesome! Rain will grow up to be an amazing Raichu one day! She's adamant, which isn't a nature I was hoping for[was hoping for modest or naive, but Adamant works. No stats take a hit at least].

Unless you are running a physical attack or support Raichu I would have thought special attack would be important.

Oh my goodness. I've just done the same thing as Jinjiro, only with Fennekin. And she's a girl. And she's Modest. And she has Magician. The only thing that would make her better would be shininess, but you can't have everything. Wow.

Edit - I think I'll name her Minerva.

Last edited:

Neat :).

Cool. Don't give up on your shiny hunt though :). Just because it won't be perfect, doesn't mean that it still won't be good. It's well worth the wait.

Oh my goodness. I've just done the same thing as Jinjiro, only with Fennekin. And she's a girl. And she's Modest. And she has Magician. The only thing that would make her better would be shininess, but you can't have everything. Wow.

Sweet :D. Congrats.

Last edited:
Unless you are running a physical attack or support Raichu I would have thought special attack would be important.

She does have 31 special attack, due to being a 6IV pichu. And she's adamant. No stats lose or gain anything extra.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Neat :).

Cool. Don't give up on your shiny hunt though :). Just because it won't be perfect, doesn't mean that it still won't be good. It's well worth the wait.

I know, but I'm not giving up; it's more like I'm taking something I value just as much as a shiny.

I was fishing for a Dragalge the other day (to fill out my pokedex) and the first pokemon I met was a shiny Relicanth ahahha

I was fishing for a Dragalge the other day (to fill out my pokedex) and the first pokemon I met was a shiny Relicanth ahahha

Cool. Those are pretty neat :).

She does have 31 special attack, due to being a 6IV pichu. And she's adamant. No stats lose or gain anything extra.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know, but I'm not giving up; it's more like I'm taking something I value just as much as a shiny.
Awesome :).

Last edited:
Now have a male to match - 6 perfect IVs, Modest, Magician. Named Godric. Also another female, 6IVs, Modest, sadly no HA but will be a nice Christmas present for someone so I won't be naming her.

I still hate myself for trading off the only shiny I've ever bred myself. It was a shiny fennekin I'd bred my female fennekin starter for. Hatched him on the 12th egg she gave me. (And I'm sure Ashley hates me too)

What? Adamant is + attack and - sp. attack isn't it?

Got a shiny relicanth off GTS in trade for a Leafeon lower than lv 10. Maybe I'll dedicate my shiny hunting to the GTS instead, since that seems to be my only method of finding shinies at the moment.

Last edited:

Got a shiny relicanth off GTS in trade for a Leafeon lower than lv 10. Maybe I'll dedicate my shiny hunting to the GTS instead, since that seems to be my only method of finding shinies at the moment.
Nice :). Yea sometimes you can find some good stuff on there.

By any farfetched chance do you like the Artemis Fowl series?

Crap, your right.. ah well. It'll help make Volt Tackle better anyway. I've been setting her up for using Volt Tackle, she's got Volt Tackle, Double Team, Sweet Kiss, and Nuzzle. I haven't used her in battle yet, but I'm fairly certain she'll do well with that move list.

edit: Plus volt tackle is a physical attack, so yeah. Adamant helps for that. And I'm thinking I've got a really good movelist setup for her to take advantage of her speed and physical attack power. Plus her defence and special defence should allow her to soak up a few hits before going down.

Last edited:
Back