• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Iron tail works too, probably better than double team imo. How else are you going to face rock types? Not going to criticize but I doubt you'd have enough turns to set up enough double teams for it to be effective.

Sorry I don't mean iron tail do I, what am I thinking of...Brick break thats it.

Last edited:
Pikachu can learn that? I'll have to get the TM for that then[if there is one]; course I almost never run a solid one type team; so I can just as easily swap her out if something she can't take on comes out. My umbreon has that issue with steel types; as he's setup to basically endure hits while toxic chips away at his foe's hp. Gave him Payback, Toxic, Wish, and Moonlight. Makes him bloody hard for a foe to take down. He did well against a aegislash the other day.. though I'd rather not have him against a steal type again; since he can't use toxic on them.

Shiny Sunday! I caught a shiny Floette. I was looking for a shiny Kirlia, but I guess I have to wait till next Shiny Sunday to find her.

Pikachu can learn that? I'll have to get the TM for that then[if there is one]; course I almost never run a solid one type team; so I can just as easily swap her out if something she can't take on comes out. My umbreon has that issue with steel types; as he's setup to basically endure hits while toxic chips away at his foe's hp. Gave him Payback, Toxic, Wish, and Moonlight. Makes him bloody hard for a foe to take down. He did well against a aegislash the other day.. though I'd rather not have him against a steal type again; since he can't use toxic on them.

Yes both Pikachu and Raichu learn Brick Break. Its in Terminus Cave, there's a youtube video on finding specific TMs I believe.

Last edited:
I do, yes - but she's actually named for Professor McGonagall in Harry Potter and her brother is named for Godric Gryffindor.

Oh, I guess that also makes sense... Minerva was my personal favorite of the Artemis Fowl series. It's too bad they didn't give her another mention in any of the proceeding books.

Back on topic: I am hot on the trail of giving up: I just hit the 7500 mark yesterday. My game has never been hacked, and it's not anything adverse with it... Maybe it's my SID. This is quickly proved wrong when we look back at the Shiny Hunting Competition.

Shiny Ralts, I hate you forever!
But will love you when I get you!

Oh, I guess that also makes sense... Minerva was my personal favorite of the Artemis Fowl series. It's too bad they didn't give her another mention in any of the proceeding books.

Back on topic: I am hot on the trail of giving up: I just hit the 7500 mark yesterday. My game has never been hacked, and it's not anything adverse with it... Maybe it's my SID. This is quickly proved wrong when we look back at the Shiny Hunting Competition.

Shiny Ralts, I hate you forever!
But will love you when I get you!

I still say certain SIDs are rarer than others. How else can you explain some people getting 3 or 4 shinies in the space of a couple hours while other people take up to three months between shiny finds?

edit: I mean, they DID decide to make it so trainer names had an effect on how rare shinies were for the player in one generation.. I think Gold and Silver when they first came out had that setting, and I'm starting to think they've yet to think about changing it to make the odds even for everyone.

Last edited:
I don't remember there being a generation where that was put into effect, Jinjiro. I thought shininess was based off of DVs (replaced with IVs in later generations, but mot what determined shinies in later generations).

I don't remember there being a generation where that was put into effect, Jinjiro. I thought shininess was based off of DVs (replaced with IVs in later generations, but mot what determined shinies in later generations).

I don't know 100% if they did that, but I do remember reading about it once; and just assumed it to be true.

Also, congrats Box9Missingno(and now I'm off to play some Dead Space 1[as its the only one I haven't beaten yet, and not for lack of trying. Stupid rental copy I had for the ps3 way back decided it couldn't work past chapter 9.]

FINALLY!!!!1!!1

Last night, my best Pok?mon ever ran out of the shadows to greet me.
View attachment 21937
View attachment 21938
Miraculously, it's female.

After 7623 eggs...

Now, onto Eevee! I plan to get an Espeon...

I know it has a freezeframe. It looks cool, as if it were flying through the air... SuperEspeon!

Last edited:
Well it's Christmas Eve here, and it's traditional in our house that everyone gets a small gift on Christmas Eve. Helps to spread out and calm down the gift hysteria a bit.

Congrats, BluRose! It is always fun when you finally find the shiny that you have been searching for for a long time. :)

Congrats BluRose! (I almost wonder if nintendo hid a bit of code in the game to make it easier to find a shiny on christmas day, but is only activated when they send out the wifi signal to turn it on)

Just hatched a shiny Eevee a few minutes ago. Took 31 eggs. He has 4 perfect ivs.
Just evolved him into a Sylveon and I have to say I love this color more than the other. Because I hate pink a lot.
His name is Bo by the way.

I'll go for Espurr or retry Torkoal this time.

Back