• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

What's a shiny charm...?

I'm trying to trade for a shiny Espurr on GTS but I need a Buneary. WHY MUST YOU GTS PEOPLE ALWAYS RUIN MY PLANS

Oh, and I'm breeding for a shiny Froakie.

What's a shiny charm...?

I'm trying to trade for a shiny Espurr on GTS but I need a Buneary. WHY MUST YOU GTS PEOPLE ALWAYS RUIN MY PLANS

Oh, and I'm breeding for a shiny Froakie.
The shiny charm is a key item introduced in B2/W2, you got it for completing the national dex and it made the chances of getting a shiny pokemon higher. It seems they have carried it over to X/Y.

I believe you got the charm for completion the regional dex, actually.

There you go :)

Pretty sure I got the Shiny Charm for completing regional dex in Black2.

Because I got it before my regional dex was filled. Course, since Japan doesn't like to give us -all- the damn event pokemon.. I've never been able to fill my regional dex without cheating. People are such greedbags on the GTS that its impossible to get what you need to finish it.

"Oh, you want my ____ to help you get closer to finishing your regional dex? Give me Arceus then. And I don't care that your _____ is totally NOT worth Arceus." <-- seems to be how everyone thinks on GTS

Last edited:
Pretty sure I got the Shiny Charm for completing regional dex in Black2.

Because I got it before my regional dex was filled. Course, since Japan doesn't like to give us -all- the damn event pokemon.. I've never been able to fill my regional dex without cheating. People are such greedbags on the GTS that its impossible to get what you need to finish it.

"Oh, you want my ____ to help you get closer to finishing your regional dex? Give me Arceus then. And I don't care that your _____ is totally NOT worth Arceus." <-- seems to be how everyone thinks on GTS

Really? I got an oval charm after completing the regional dex in white2. And I got an oval charm for completing the Kalos dex.

I tried to trade Swampert for a Zekrom and failed. If only I can get my hands on one pokebank legendary

So basically, the shiny charm is for japanese players only then. Since there's no way in hell the rest of the world can get all the pokemon. X/Y don't even have a way to catalogue them all in-game.

I caught a shiny Luxio, recently! One of my favorite shinies.

I'm totally going to try breeding a play rough shiny absol at some point. Wish superpower could be bred though, its so useful.

So basically, the shiny charm is for japanese players only then. Since there's no way in hell the rest of the world can get all the pokemon. X/Y don't even have a way to catalogue them all in-game.

Yep :(. Kind of sucks. At least until Pok?bank comes out.

I caught a shiny Spoink today!
SHINY SPOINK!.jpg
I was just training up my pokemon and I came across this shiny pokemon! I was so surprised when it came up. I just had to catch it without weakening it. Luckily I caught it with a normal pokeball at full health :p

Nice!(not a fan of spoink myself, but I'd still capture one if I found a shiny of one)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yep :(. Kind of sucks. At least until Pok?bank comes out.

Even then, most of the event pokemon are still only available via hacking. Because Japan doesn't like to release event legendaries more than once for us. Unless its something nobody wants.

Nice!(not a fan of spoink myself, but I'd still capture one if I found a shiny of one)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Even then, most of the event pokemon are still only available via hacking. Because Japan doesn't like to release event legendaries more than once for us. Unless its something nobody wants.

Yep. And that's why I used to do. Hack for them. Since there weren't that many events back in the days of Red and Blue up to around Fire Red :(. A lot of them took place at the larger Toys R' Us es. Now it's not too hard to get to an event. Yep... Shamin and Jirachi anyone?

I only have one Shamin and it's a clone off of a real one, since they didn't have an event near by. They did have one later on, but I didn't have Wifi at the time :(.

currently sitting here, trying to hatch a shiny feebas
im at 35 eggs right now eee

Yep. And that's why I used to do. Hack for them. Since there weren't that many events back in the days of Red and Blue up to around Fire Red :(. A lot of them took place at the larger Toys R' Us es. Now it's not too hard to get to an event. Yep... Shamin and Jirachi anyone?

I only have one Shamin and it's a clone off of a real one, since they didn't have an event near by. They did have one later on, but I didn't have Wifi at the time :(.

I did notice that most of the outside game events that make it to north america, seem to forget about half of north america. They happen in the US only.. what about Canada, Japan? We have pokemon fans here too, you know! Pretty sure almost none of the diamon/pearl events made it to Canada either. And a lot of those were wifi. That's just sad.

I have a bunch of shiny claunchers and a doduo if anyone is interested. Make me an offer :)

@Jinjiro: Well, if I had any of the important games, then I would love to trade you all of the event Pok?mon...

Only if.

Woohoo, shiny Feebas! 99th egg, 4 perfect IVs in HP, Atk, Def, SpDef, Bold, Swift Swim (think that means Marvel Scale when it evolves?). Oh happy day. Now to go looking for Prism Scales...

Back