• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

I know, I have two games and I picked Froakie on one and Fennekin on one. So weird. xD

I have several Kippla, let me have a look and find a suitable one for you. My usual procedure with these is to have a suitable father which is Japanese (or other foreign) - I'm getting quite good with egg groups now because of this. You want something like a 5IV Poliwag, or Marill, which are quite plentiful on WT (just go on and trade when most of your Passers By are Japanese). Then keep swapping out the mother every time you breed a better female. You have a fairly high chance of getting a Protean baby if the mother is Protean, and so long as the father is foreign, has 5IVs and is of the right egg group (Water 1 for Froakie) you also have a good-ish chance that you will eventually produce a good IV, Protean shiny.

Edit - ok, I have a couple of 3IV male Protean Froakie - you'd want to breed a female with a Ditto (most of the babies should have Protean) and then swap the Ditto for the female and the male Froakie for your suitable foreign Marill/Dratini/Poliwag/whatever. Don't need anything for it.

Edit again - both these are also Timid, which I think is the ideal nature for Froakie, so make sure you equip the male Froakie with the Everstone and the Ditto with the Destiny Knot, then swap over when you have your female and give her the Everstone and give the dad the Destiny Knot.

Last edited:
shiny or non shiny?

SHINY! :eek:

Just kidding, I'd like a non-shiny.

I have several Kippla, let me have a look and find a suitable one for you. My usual procedure with these is to have a suitable father which is Japanese (or other foreign) - I'm getting quite good with egg groups now because of this. You want something like a 5IV Poliwag, or Marill, which are quite plentiful on WT (just go on and trade when most of your Passers By are Japanese). Then keep swapping out the mother every time you breed a better female. You have a fairly high chance of getting a Protean baby if the mother is Protean, and so long as the father is foreign, has 5IVs and is of the right egg group (Water 1 for Froakie) you also have a good-ish chance that you will eventually produce a good IV, Protean shiny.

Do either of you have a good IV, foreign Froakie? I'm new to all the IV/EV stuff, so how will I tell if one female is better than another?

i have a few 5IV froakies for MM'ing. some with protean. also, anyone wanna trade for a shiny amoongus

Do either of you have a good IV, foreign Froakie? I'm new to all the IV/EV stuff, so how will I tell if one female is better than another?

The only foreign one I have is going to be the mother for my shiny Froakie eventually :p As for finding out the IVs, I just fly the hatched babies to Kiloude and ask the guy in the PokeCentre. EVs you don't need to worry about, the babies won't have any to start with so you'll need to train the baby you decide to use however4 you want to train it.

I have an ass load of protean froakies, just no females.

Seems like you are extremely lucky.

Anyways, update on my Eevee egg-hatching:
I'm not that far into it. I'm not that dedicated, and I lost count of how much eggs I had gotten.
My Phione and my Ralts are pretty much the center of my attention right now, and I might just drop Eevee and move on to Vulpix, which I just got today or yesterday, and it has Drought.

Seems like you are extremely lucky.

Anyways, update on my Eevee egg-hatching:
I'm not that far into it. I'm not that dedicated, and I lost count of how much eggs I had gotten.
My Phione and my Ralts are pretty much the center of my attention right now, and I might just drop Eevee and move on to Vulpix, which I just got today or yesterday, and it has Drought.

I've never bred Froakies. I've gotten them all from Wonder Trade. I raised one to Greninja, and now I just have a bunch taking up space in my boxes.

i have a few 5IV froakies for MM'ing. some with protean. also, anyone wanna trade for a shiny amoongus
I have a shiny foongus in pokemon Black 2 :p it was a random encounter as well. I couldn't believe it when I encountered a shiny Spoink in pokemon Y.

My first ever shiny was a Rattata in LeafGreen. I was so excited when I saw the different color. I caught it, and set it aside to transfer to my 4th gen game. Then I forgot I had it and restarted my game :( My other legitimate shinies (not received in trade) include a Geodude from 4th gen (now a Golem), a Seviper from Black, and recently, Lampent, caught in Friend Safari, now a beautiful Chandelure :)

I am now back in Friend Safari, hunting for a shiny Tyrogue, would be happy with a Mienfoo as well.

After 317 goddamn eggs, I finally managed to hatch a shiny Treeko.

That took way more work than I thought it would.. uvu;;

Last edited:
After 317 goddamn eggs, I finally managed to hatch a shiny Treeko.

That took way more work than I thought it would.. uvu;;

Some people are way past that and don't have a shiny *cough*me*cough*.

Anyone here compete in the VGC? I'm going to the American Nationals this year! 3rd time going!

I've never seen a shiny ;u;

Well, except for the red gyrados, but everyone sees that one ;0;

I've never seen a shiny ;u;

Well, except for the red gyrados, but everyone sees that one ;0;

Unless they don't have gen 2 or HGSS :3
Ironically enough, my first random encounter shiny was Magikarp in HeartGold XD

Back