• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Well yes, I suppose. But I don't do online competitive, so I'm not hugely bothered. I'm more disappointed that he only has a "relatively superior" rating rather than the "outstanding" most of his siblings have. But it's not that important.

I'm now working on Misdreavus, with a 5IV (only lacking HP) Gastly dad I got from the GTS for a FS Pachirisu and a 5IV (only lacking Speed) Misdreavus I bred from a 2IV GTS Misdreavus and 5IV WT Gourgeist. I'm currently trying to work out if I'm more likely to get a 6IV baby like this, or with matching 5IV parents. My suspicion is that 6IVs are more common if the parents' IVs match, certainly you wouldn't be getting anything less than 4. I'm getting a lot of 3s at the moment...

Yay I just hatched a shiny Froakie =D

- - - Post Merge - - -

It was the 20th egg that I hatched.

Congrats to both Dizzi and Klink, they are both going to become great shinies!
And good luck on the Misdreavus hunt, Dizzi. I'll help by giving/using hatching power whenever I see you on.
-----
I'm currently going for a shiny Treecko. 92 eggs so far.

I need to find my inner pokemon nerd again and get back into Y.. but.. I'm just tired of not having my precious pokemon from previous games in Y.... (I WILL GET YOU INTO Y SOON CHO THE LANTURN!)

edit: Also, congrats klink and dizzy.

Last edited:
I caught a shiny Eevee, and evolved it into a shiny Sylveon! What shall I name him?

I'm trying to get a shiny Cyndaquil with the masuda method. That's how I got the shiny Froakie.

Yay! I caught a Shiny Pansage and Quilladin within 5 minutes! Amazing!

I nicknamed Pansage "Broccolia" (It's a girl.) and my Quilladin "Chester".

Yay! I caught a Shiny Pansage and Quilladin within 5 minutes! Amazing!

I nicknamed Pansage "Broccolia" (It's a girl.) and my Quilladin "Chester".

If you picked Fennekin in the beginning, the Chespin Shauna trades you is named Chester. xD

Awww no you ruined part of the story! I've only got 2 badges D=

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks! The Masuda Method can take awhile... hope you get one soon!
Well I'm at 35 eggs atm I think. My shiny Froakie was 20 so I hope I get the shiny Cyndaquil soon! It might be best to actually finish the story-line before I continue though so I can fly to places xD

Klink, you got very lucky by only needing to hatch 20 eggs. Usually people need to hatch at least 100 until they ever find a shiny.

True. In one of my paused hunts, I'm up to 1400 eggs. Shiny Treecko came in around 30.

I will join your club. i trade shinies, but i did hatch a froakie a few weeks ago. very nice coloring, and 4 IV's. too bad it's torrent. i still have it.

Hey, does anyone have a Protean Froakie? I want to try the Masuda Method again, though it's never worked for me.

Back