• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

In my copy of White, I have two shiny event Magikarps from Japan. Both level 99 with decent moves. I'm debating evolving one.

7 boxes of Ralts so far and no shiny Ralts. I guess the Shiny Charm has no effect on breeding w/ Masuda Method.

7 boxes of Ralts so far and no shiny Ralts. I guess the Shiny Charm has no effect on breeding w/ Masuda Method.

It does work, but it's still something like 1 in 1000. It does not guarantee you'll get one really easy, it just makes it somewhat easier to get them.

Suprised there was no pikachu..
(Just realised who your avatar is.... I'd been staring at if for ages, thinking she looked familiar)

I'm pretty sure i got a shiny Delelelele whoooooooop in Diamond quite a while ago.. If i still have it, I'll have to transfer it over when pokebank comes out.

It does work, but it's still something like 1 in 1000. It does not guarantee you'll get one really easy, it just makes it somewhat easier to get them.

I guess your right. Serebii don't know if it works for breeding this time. Then I did some research -> The English description of the shiny charm said it was for random encounters, but apparently the Japanese description is the same one from the B2/W2. For some reason the English translation/description was changed. Looked it up on Smogon

Last edited:
Wooo shiny Murkrow :D that didnt take to long (from a horde). Though it keeps bloody raining everywhere i wana look for hordes >.<

Wooo shiny Murkrow :D that didnt take to long (from a horde). Though it keeps bloody raining everywhere i wana look for hordes >.<

I hate when that happens! I found a shiny Wingull in a horde while hunting for Mareep... still looking for it.

Back