• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Can I please just ask. What is the friend safari? Sorry if this sounds dumb but I'm kinda new to pokemon x and Y. I know all other games forwards backwards and sideways xD

Last edited:
Can I please just ask. What is the friend safari? Sorry if this sounds dumb but I'm kinda new to pokemon x and Y. I know all other games forwards backwards and sideways xD

It's access post Elite 4, in Kiloude City. It's like the Safari game in previous games, but better. Every friend you have registered on your 3DS wields a different type of safari with 3 different Pokemon each. It's a bit easier to find shinies within the safari, and it's also the easiest way to find hidden abilities in this gen.

I gave up the hunt for a shiny Ralts. 500+ eggs and no shiny. And the reason I stopped was because when I took a break from breeding, I got a shiny. I went into horde battles to get a Sheer Force Tauros and in the process I got a shiny Wingull. The RNG is not with me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Might try out the friend safari out and see if I can run into a shiny Kirlia because I have the shiny charm and I haven't tested it in the friend safari yet

Anyone own a jirachi? I can trade 2 shinies and regigigas

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or if anyone has mew I can offer 4 shinies

Last edited:
K.K. Fanboy...

Any Shiny Mew only has the extremely small chence of being legitimate.
Even then, if I had it, I wouldn't trade it away for the life of me!

So...
How is everyone's Kricketune hunts going?

Back