• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Just had some nice luck on the GTS last night :). Got a shiny Caterpie from it.

Before that though, I caught a shiny Panpour recently that I named Aqua and a shiny Phantump that I named Casper. Thank you Friend Safaris!

Last edited:
I hate every one of you who have gotten shinies off GTS/WT[though I've passed on several chances to nab a shiny off GTS because I'm not trading my legendaries away for a shiny]

I hate every one of you who have gotten shinies off GTS/WT[though I've passed on several chances to nab a shiny off GTS because I'm not trading my legendaries away for a shiny]

Hey now :p. I've only gotten them via luck on there. There are a LOT of people on there who do that whole legendary for a shiny thing on there (the GTS). Just keep on searching and trying. Don't give up :).

As for Wonder Trade, heck... I haven't run into a single shiny on that.

Last edited:
I got a shiny relicanth for a lv 10 and under Leafeon...did I mention that?

I accidentally killed a Shiny Kricketot I ran into while chaining...

Didn't get a screenshot, but it was from Diamond.
Well, I guess I shant be ranting...

I got a shiny relicanth for a lv 10 and under Leafeon...did I mention that?

Nice :).

Ran into a shiny Ponyta last night in the Pok?mon Safari. Named her Sapphire. Wasn't expecting it, as I was getting ready to go to bed when it happened.

I nearly died a few minutes ago. I was running through a new friend's safari to see what kind of Pokemon showed up, and a shiny Dedenne showed up! I quickly threw a Quick Ball at it and caught it. This is the first time since I've been playing Pokemon that I meet 2 shinies in one game. I was really hoping my next shiny was going to be Tyrogue or Mienfoo, which I had been hunting earlier today.

I nearly died a few minutes ago. I was running through a new friend's safari to see what kind of Pokemon showed up, and a shiny Dedenne showed up! I quickly threw a Quick Ball at it and caught it. This is the first time since I've been playing Pokemon that I meet 2 shinies in one game. I was really hoping my next shiny was going to be Tyrogue or Mienfoo, which I had been hunting earlier today.

Congrats! Unexpexted shinies are always fun ;)

I've always wanted a shiny feebas ;o;
Milotic is gorgeous! I haven't been playing my pokemon X much though.

Congrats! Unexpexted shinies are always fun ;)

They sure are, especially when my list is extremely short, it's my 5th shiny total that I've encountered. I have a few that I got off GTS, though they may be hacked (like that beautiful shiny Deoxys I got on Black), but they're not as satisfying as actually finding one randomly. I've been playing for about 10 years.

Awesome, congrats! :) Did you name it?

Nice! I have yet to get a shiny from the friend safari; am I just unlucky? XD

Awesome, congrats! :) Did you name it?

Not yet, I was so excited, I couldn't think of a good nickname, although someone on Instagram seems to believe I named it "Poop" lol

I've been thinking the same thing. I caught my shiny Lampent on December 27th, and I've been hunting for hours upon hours since then in FS with no luck, while some people catch multiple shinies daily.

Not yet, I was so excited, I couldn't think of a good nickname, although someone on Instagram seems to believe I named it "Poop" lol

I've been thinking the same thing. I caught my shiny Lampent on December 27th, and I've been hunting for hours upon hours since then in FS with no luck, while some people catch multiple shinies daily.
Ah. XD Nice. Hope you can come up with a good name soon for it :).

Lucky. Been wanting one of those.

I'm breeding Feebas a box at a time then wonder trading them all away until I get my shiny. I'm at around 100 babies so far with no luck. This is the first Pokemon that I will keep going on no matter how long it takes me to get the shiny. Then it's off to the friend safari to figure out what Pokemon I can get from there right now that I want shiny.

Just keep persevering :). Ive found 2 in about an hour, and none for atleast a week. It took me 2 weeks to get one of the ones i wanted (i did find something else in the mean time). Its is a bit of luck, but you just gotta keep at it :D

I agree with you about the surprise encounter. I encountered a shiny spoink and it was just so amazing! I have hatched a shiny Froakie now and it was also very cool. If I got a shiny pokemon off of gts then it wouldn't be as memorable.

Back