Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Still trying to get that shiny Cyndaquil. At 300 eggs. How long does it take? I have a 6iv Japanese shiny ditto(So I am using the masuda method) and I have the shiny charm. Why does it take this long? xD I still cant believe I bred a shiny Froakie in 20 eggs just using the masuda method when I hadn't even completed the game yet.

Some people just won't ever be lucky enough to breed a shiny. I was lucky to get a shiny fennekin from breeding, though I haven't hatched another shiny since. I get lots of 6IV pokemon though.

Some people just won't ever be lucky enough to breed a shiny. I was lucky to get a shiny fennekin from breeding, though I haven't hatched another shiny since. I get lots of 6IV pokemon though.
I have a few 5ivs. Just hoping to get that shiny Cyndaquil soon. Hopefully less than 10 more boxes.

Here's hoping. I'm still trying to get my shiny mawile with no luck. Hatched 2 6IV mawile's with sheer force though. Both of them are adamant. Both of them also have Poison Fang, Punishment, and Night Slash.

I'm still hoping to find another Shiny Hawlucha.

If it has Adamant, Jolly or Impish, I would kiss someone :<

Guys
How do i IV breed?
I gave my 6iv japanese ditto a destiny bond thing that passes 5ivs down
and my 2iv Solosis a whats it called, the band thing that passes HP down.
Did.. did I do it right? Do I keep breeding until I get a 6iv solosis shiny?

Tempting, I could ideally EV train it's Special defense a tad and give it an Assault vest.

If I have no luck finding one in a Friend Safari soon, I'd be interested in trading for yours, Problem is. I dunno if I'd have anything you'd like.

Guys
How do i IV breed?

You are going to want to replace the Solosis with better ones as you go. I would have the solosis hold an everstone so it can pass down the nature, and the ditto hold the destiny knot.

Guys
How do i IV breed?

Destiny Bond and items that pass one one particular IV don't stack. Your better off just using an everstone and the Destiny Knot[once you get a Solosis with better IVS and a good nature]. Sure, you'll have to deal with a bunch of useless IV rolls, but you'll get what you want eventually. Might even luck out and get a 6IV one with the right nature.

Gotten a few adamant mawile's with 6IVs myself, two of the three also have Sheer Force; making them true future monsters.

edit: For yours, and other people's future reference..

Destiny Knot(X/Y version only) - Guarantees 5 random IVs to be passed on
Everstone - Passes on the nature of the pokemon holding it, guaranteed.

Unfortunately, there's no way to guarantee the ability you want is passed onto the new pokemon.

Last edited:
Wha...?
Can you please provide a link?
Bulbapedia contradicts this, I think Marriland does too.

Looks like they changed their info to match Bulbapedia at some point, cause now it only says X/Y have the IV transfer effect.

FEAR MY SHINY KHANGASKHAN! (Which, thanks to a certain site; no one will battle against online lol)

So I found a Shiny Hawlucha last night, Lax nature, IV's in Attack and Speed.
Good find? I still worry Her Special defense would be hella low even with the Assault vest.

I might just drop the Shiny Hawlucha and find a Shiny Furfrou instead, That pretty thing will be like a tank :>

Last edited:
Don't wanna sound desperate but if anyone ever comes across a Shiny Male Espurr during Shiny hunts in a Friend Safari, Let me know.

I will attempt to offer you dearly, I'd love one with a Modest, Bold or Timid nature.

I'd offer to watch for one, but I don't have an espurr safari.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So I found a Shiny Hawlucha last night, Lax nature, IV's in Attack and Speed.
Good find? I still worry Her Special defense would be hella low even with the Assault vest.

I might just drop the Shiny Hawlucha and find a Shiny Furfrou instead, That pretty thing will be like a tank :>

Actually, she shouldn't be too bad overall. Hawlucha's a physical hitter anyway. So 31 in attack and speed will work well for her(absolute best IV roll would likely be 31/31/31/x/31/31 however. Same IVs my mawile wants[and likely the shiny one, once I get it, won't have that roll]).

Still, I'd train up that shiny and use it outside of competitive battles, won't do well in competitive battles however.

Last edited:
I have someone trading me a Shiny Eevee with 6IV's for the Hawlucha, He has a bunch of them and just really wanted a Shiny Hawlucha.

Back