• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

July 30 Update: Wave 2 Announcement

I'm just really happy there's bubble wands and I hope that bunny balloons come back since there's regular balloons!!

It's awesome that so many of you are excited, but this update does very little for me. Fireworks and the Dream Suite were two features I used sparingly, and I'm not terribly concerned about being able to backup and restore.

Now, this won't stop me from still playing every day, but it also means we're at least another two months out from a sorely needed upgrade to Nook's Cranny.

Got excited when I saw the garbage bin next to Redd’s booth and thought we could finally place items on the plaza, but it’s probably just to throw out used handheld items like the sparkler you place on the floor or dud tickets.

I hadn't even noticed that. Would he really be giving us our dud tickets back after checking them, only to fill up our inventories? Wait that sounds exactly like this game, nevermind

I did see three owls on the message board around 20 seconds in. Which means nothing at all, probably, it's just that I've only ever seen one. 🤔

Transferring your data isn't an option yet, your save is still locked to your console. You can just get it back if its corrupted atm.
At least I can still back the save up incase anything happens to my Switch, the noise doesn't sound too healthy.

My poor character will finally get some sleep now. 😂 I'm glad that beds will finally have a use now, other than chilling in the house. The fireworks show looks gorgeous, and I can't wait to wear one of the headbands and run around my island with friends holding sparklers.

Honestly I'm just pumped to have the green antenna boppers because they were one of my favorite hats in NL, that alone excites me. Makes me wonder what sort of things Redd can give you. And cool, Dream Suite uses your bed - too bad I can't climb into my loft bed to sleep (unless they change that), wonder how the cutscene would look if I used the bunk beds in my basement. Can you use beds placed outside?

And it's also good to know they are following through on the backup and transfer features. This Switch Lite user loves to see it.

Super excited about backups! I'm also excited about all the other news as well! I loved Luna & the Dream Suite in NL. Backups! So exciting! I cannot wait to see how amazing fireworks look in NH! They're going to be gorgeous! Did I mention how excited I am about backups?

A while back someone on here mentioned that's how the Dream Suite might work, by laying in bed and going to sleep. I wonder if there won't be any new buildings at all then later on down the line and Brewsters Cafe will probably be inside the Museum.

Nice!! The fireworks look much more aesthetically pleasing this time around lol, and I'm excited to see dreams return in some capacity.

Makes sense. Thought as much, but still, thanks for that :p

(what kind of monster doesn't check their message board)
I could see people purposely ignoring their message board to get aesthetic photos of their villagers at RS with the little birds in the background 😂

so happy to see dreaming return!! and the fireworks + boppers look super cute as always. i do wish tortimer's island would've returned in this update, but i'm still excited for this :^)

A while back someone on here mentioned that's how the Dream Suite might work, by laying in bed and going to sleep. I wonder if there won't be any new buildings at all then later on down the line and Brewsters Cafe will probably be inside the Museum.

good point. although maybe he has a chance of getting his own building. let's say he'd sell more than coffee now and be an actual cafe and sell food, the little donuts that the villagers eat, and/or be able to work for him. i think that warrants him his own little cafe.
maybe it's only the NPC's that could be of use without buildings are the ones that won't be getting one.

I love that the Dream Suite is back, I just wish that both Luna and the building had returned because I wants to move it behind my player house. I loved the look of the Dream Suite room in New Leaf. Now, I may just have to create a Dream Suite-like room in one of the side rooms.

Super excited for dream suite!! It was my fav feature in acnl, and will give me more motivation to actually terraform lmao

And I'm glad theyre finally introducing cloud saves, makes their online service finally more worth it lol

Just wish we got more furniture though, I just saw pocket camps august stuff and like... why cant we get this :( I feel like all these news updates just keep my interest for a week, and then I lose interest again sigh

20200728_103051.jpg

Super excited for dream suite!! It was my fav feature in acnl, and will give me more motivation to actually terraform lmao

And I'm glad theyre finally introducing cloud saves, makes their online service finally more worth it lol

Just wish we got more furniture though, I just saw pocket camps august stuff and like... why cant we get this :( I feel like all these news updates just keep my interest for a week, and then I lose interest again sigh

View attachment 293192

pocket camp having an actual watermelon LMAOOO i know cottagecore fangirls are fuming

Reactions: JSS
I love that the Dream Suite is back, I just wish that both Luna and the building had returned because I wants to move it behind my player house. I loved the look of the Dream Suite room in New Leaf. Now, I may just have to create a Dream Suite-like room in one of the side rooms.

You could still make a little sleeping area there! It'd be very cute and tranquil and other poetic words. You'd just get wet if it rains. :p

Me XD I honestly have looked at it maybe 4 times

...You monster xD

Back