• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

July 30 Update: Wave 2 Announcement

Love this Wave 2 update. Luna's return was already expected.

About fireworks for people in South Hem. islands, they either have to wait until Summer or visit North Hem. islands if they wanna enjoy it earlier. It's kinda sad that they praise those who live in North Hem. more than in South Hem.
Hi, It says every Sunday in August then in fine print its for both Northern and Southern Hemisphere. I know the wording calling it a summer update might not be the best considering its for both hemispheres.

Thank God they're finally launching a backup thing - gonna backup as soon as I can πŸ˜… With regards to the rest of the announcement it's great - actually happy that the dream suite wouldn't take a building slot

I knew the fireworks will be coming. I wonder how that will affect K.K. Slider when the Bug-Off happens?

Dreams are nice, especially since we don't have to have Luna on the island. She kind of creeped me out in NL, but if I just have that short interaction once I'm asleep, I can deal.

It'll be great to backup the data. And sneak peek for Jack to return! The best holiday of the year!

Thank god for island backup. Don’t have to live in fear of losing all my progress!!!
Ok the little accessories for the villagers are so cute. The glow in headbands, bubble wand, and sparklers!!! AHHHHH what a good way to wrap up summer ^-^

Love this Wave 2 update. Luna's return was already expected.

About fireworks for people in South Hem. islands, they either have to wait until Summer or visit North Hem. islands if they wanna enjoy it earlier. It's kinda sad that they praise those who live in North Hem. more than in South Hem.
I'm confused. Are you saying you feel left out? You're getting the same update as us in the northern hemisphere and it's early at that and if you ask me the fireworks will look even more aesthetic against the snow.

It's good that we're getting the Dream Suite, but although this release schedule is supposedly meant to keep people interested in the game and keep things fresh (I personally don't believe that's the reason it's like this), I have zero enthusiasm. I was excited for the July update, but this...
This post is not to lessen anyone's enthusiasm, as why would I ever want to take away someone's joy, but I'm so bitter about being drip-fed content that I better take a break.

I'm gonna say the Fall update will be split for September and October.

September: Vegetables and something else.
October: Jack/Halloween and something else

November: Brewster, Gyroids and Frank/Thanksgiving

December: Tortimer/Kapp'n Island (to escape the snow and take a vacation) and Jingle/Christmas

It's good that we're getting the Dream Suite, but although this release schedule is supposedly meant to keep people interested in the game and keep things fresh (I personally don't believe that's the reason it's like this), I have zero enthusiasm. I was excited for the July update, but this...
This post is not to lessen anyone's enthusiasm, as why would I ever want to take away someone's joy, but I'm so bitter about being drip-fed content that I better take a break.
How does it lessen enthusiasm?? If anything most people are more excited because it's early.

How does it lessen enthusiasm?? If anything most people are more excited because it's early.
I was talking about myself personally. I mentioned I did not want to lessen people's enthusiasm as some people are more sensitive to negativity than others. I'm making no judgement when I say that, either.

I was talking about myself personally. I mentioned I did not want to lessen people's enthusiasm as some people are more sensitive to negativity than others. I'm making no judgement when I say that, either.
Ooooh. I read your comment wrong sorry!! I was confused haha!

And that's it? Lol. Expected but still hate it

And the dream suite not only doesn't get a dedicated building, but not even any sort of integration into any other structures? It's just a "iTs aLl In YoUR hEaD" thing... They're pushing the whole "it's a deserted island and you're all alone go f*** yourself make do" thing a little to goddamn hard it's starting to look extremely lazy on their parts. "So we're just gonna program it all onto the player's bed, that way we don't have to model a building for our 60$ game that has less features than the 40$ one"

So as always, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined... BUT! I knew it was going to be :)

You have to realize that the game supports 8 people locally that can plop their houses down on the same island. They got to consider that. With eight player houses, ten villager houses, two shops, Resident Services and Museum there wouldn't be enough room for extra buildings.

I wouldn't be surprised that Brewster's Cafe would be incorporated into the museum like in Wild World and City Folk. That is IF we get Brewster's.

You have to realize that the game supports 8 people locally that can plop their houses down on the same island. They got to consider that. With 8 player houses, 10 villager houses, two shops, Resident Services and Museum there wouldn't be enough room for extra buildings.

I wouldn't be surprised that Brewster's Cafe will be incorporated into the museum like in Wild World and City Folk. That is IF we get Brewster's.
To be honest having more buildings would clutter islands imo! I don't want to have relocate so many buildings to fit in Luna's especially if I in particular don't use the feature often. Having to redo my island for another building is a hassle. I personally love that your beds in your house are useful. It gives them more purpose other than to just fill space.

I am looking forward to the dream suite. I haven't played in about a month because I was annoyed at the drop feed and lost interest. This will let me visit people without the pressure of being there in person so I can take my time to explore!

Back