• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

July 30 Update: Wave 2 Announcement

Super excited for the fireworks, I loved them in New Leaf. :love: And the dreams make me so excited to get my island looking nice for visitors!

I was a little sad Luna hasn’t been given her own building but it’s ok. It’s a great use for the beds in our house.

I predict we’ll get Brewster and the vegetable/farming thing in autumn. Well, I hope. 😂

Sounds interesting. I missed dreaming in New Leaf to scout amazing towns by random, can't wait to do that again.

There's the update! Everyone can now stop asking "When's the August update coming?" Although, now people will ask when the next update is coming out.

Oh that fine fine print got me. Quite a strange move nintendo. Speaking of that I gotta renew mine aaah. 20 dollars for it! I get why people would complain about the membership but Nintendo's is cheap compared to most. Most websites I used to play their memberships werd 60-70 dollars for a year. Hecc I'm sure xbox live gold is that price so Nintendo is following the masses at a heavy discount.

Yeah, I agree that they could have made that a bit more obvious... First they show the whole thing with the player falling asleep, then Luna walks over, and then you get the screen that tells you you need online.

For myself needing online isn't such a big deal because as you said it isn't as ludicrously expensive as some of the other online services, but for those that don't have a lot of money laying around or, for example, younger kids with no method of payment, this will suck.

can someone explain the backup and restoration part?

If you have NSO, Nintendo will be able to back up your save data, so if your game gets corrupted, you'll be able to get it back without having to start over.

However at this time, you cannot transfer your save data to another switch.

That's about it.

Love this Wave 2 update. Luna's return was already expected.

About fireworks for people in South Hem. islands, they either have to wait until Summer or visit North Hem. islands if they wanna enjoy it earlier. It's kinda sad that they praise those who live in North Hem. more than in South Hem.

If you have NSO, Nintendo will be able to back up your save data, so if your game gets corrupted, you'll be able to get it back without having to start over.

However at this time, you cannot transfer your save data to another switch.

That's about it.
wat about in the case where i restart my island and i decided to get my old island back?

Thank the lord above the Dream Suite is in your home instead of having to literally fly to another island (like Harv's Island to access Phototopia)

Yeah, I agree that they could have made that a bit more obvious... First they show the whole thing with the player falling asleep, then Luna walks over, and then you get the screen that tells you you need online.

For myself needing online isn't such a big deal because as you said it isn't as ludicrously expensive as some of the other online services, but for those that don't have a lot of money laying around or, for example, younger kids with no method of payment, this will suck.
Yeah Nintendo did a weird job of showcasing Luna. I'm not sure why you would even need a membership. If anything it should be souley based on wifi connection. I mean I get it the membership thing is rough but at the same time Nintendo provides very cheap plans for memberships. At most you spend 20 and the very least is only like 5. So I don't know. I think Nintendo is just trying to keep up with 2020 and other gaming systems while at the same time trying to be fair.

Well actually now this gives me a scary bad feeling in my heart reading the story she may also eat your hopes and dreams... yeah.. wish i could just relax and go to sleep without a scary monster dressed up bothering me..

Seeing how this is Animal Crossing, let's just think of her as someone who wants to make sure you have fun and relaxing dreams. That's how she put it in New leaf. She's all about making sure you sleep well with good dreams and if you came to an island you didn't like (i.e a bad dream) she'd block it for you.

She's just here to help.

Hope that helps a bit.

im sO EXCITED!!!!!! i literally just watched the video rn, and it happens in 2 DAYS!!!! YEAH!!!

Thank the lord above the Dream Suite is in your home instead of having to literally fly to another island (like Harv's Island to access Phototopia)
I'm lowkey happy Luna isn't in a building I would hate to have to map out where to put her. Plus sleeping at home feels..more cozy. Plus whe you first start the game Luna was hinted at. You would sleep in bed and save the game. It was one time but still.
Post automatically merged:

I hope it's animated. Looks awesome!! Such a cute bonus!

Back