• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

July 30 Update: Wave 2 Announcement

Yeah Nintendo did a weird job of showcasing Luna. I'm not sure why you would even need a membership. If anything it should be souley based on wifi connection. I mean I get it the membership thing is rough but at the same time Nintendo provides very cheap plans for memberships. At most you spend 20 and the very least is only like 5. So I don't know. I think Nintendo is just trying to keep up with 2020 and other gaming systems while at the same time trying to be fair.

Unfortunately it seems that they don't have you pay specifically to play with others - you pay to use the servers at all. Whether that is sending a postcard or checking an island in the dream suite, they're still going to have you pay.

It's cheap enough that I've paid for someone else just so we could play together (they actually couldn't do it themselves), and it does make sense in 2020. I do think they should be a little more obvious about stating what you can't do without it, I've seen way too many surprised reactions...

I'm so happy the dream suite isn't an actual building. This looks like a cute update I'm glad we get to experience it together.

Me too! Not only would it probably require me to think really hard for where to put it, I probably won't even use the feature that often...

So I guess I'll finally get to meet Redd 😂.

Not gonna lie, not really that excited about this update/NH is my first AC game so I don't fully know what Dream Suite is, but it looks like you just visit islands which we already can do with Dodo Codes so eh?.
Really wanted a new building like Brewsters' 😂. Keen for Jack next update tho.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it seems that they don't have you pay specifically to play with others - you pay to use the servers at all. Whether that is sending a postcard or checking an island in the dream suite, they're still going to have you pay.

It's cheap enough that I've paid for someone else just so we could play together (they actually couldn't do it themselves), and it does make sense in 2020. I do think they should be a little more obvious about stating what you can't do without it, I've seen way too many surprised reactions...

Me too! Not only would it probably require me to think really hard for where to put it, I probably won't even use the feature that often...
I mean I just aaah on one side I feel bad for those who can't use dreams I wish I could pay for those people since I have literal cash laying on my desk in my room but on the flip side Nintendo is trying to keep up with 2020 and everyone else and trying to cater to every player I just aaaah,,
Post automatically merged:

HEAD BOPPERS HEAD BOPPERS HEAD BOPPERS HEAD BOPPERS HEAD BOPPERS
This was literally me the whole time! It's all I wanted tbh!!

I mean I just aaah on one side I feel bad for those who can't use dreams I wish I could pay for those people since I have literal cash laying on my desk in my room but on the flip side Nintendo is trying to keep up with 2020 and everyone else and trying to cater to every player I just aaaah,,

Same, it makes me kinda sad to see people getting left out on certain features but on the other hand I really can't start helping them with it because there wouldn't be an end :(

Nintendo has been notoriously bad at online services (heck, my NNID password was breached twice not too long ago and since it's unique it was definitely on them). I really hope that with these subscriptions they'll manage to turn that around eventually!

Omg I can’t wait to have fireworks parties with my friends!! ❤️

and backups. Baaaaaaaaccccckkkkuuuuuuupppppppppssssss

You have to realize that the game supports 8 people locally that can plop their houses down on the same island. They got to consider that. With eight player houses, ten villager houses, two shops, Resident Services and Museum there wouldn't be enough room for extra buildings.

No offense, but I have eight player houses plus all the other things on my island, and I still have plenty of space for at least three additional 4x4 structures. If I can do it, so can everyone else (and most of everyone else will never gonna have eight houses. The vast majority will not, Nintendo knows this, they baited people into buying second switches just so they can get their own island space)

Some people want their islands more populated, they have been trying to emulate a big city-feel ever since the DS titles, laying down streets and arranging houses like suburban neighbourhoods. But Nintendo clearly doesn't want anyone to stray from their own very limited idea of what a formely-deserted island should look like. Then at the very least they couldve made it an option to invite certain NPCs to the island for a permanent stay. If you want to stuff Brewster into the Museum (which is nigh-confirmed through a datamine from back in May), you can, but if you wanted a dedicated café spot on your island, there should be options for that.

edited because English bad

Last edited:
So I guess I'll finally get to meet Redd 😂.

Not gonna lie, not really that excited about this update/NH is my first AC game so I don't fully know what Dream Suite is, but it looks like you just visit islands which we already can do with Dodo Airlines so eh?.
Really wanted a new building 😂. Keen for Jack next update tho.

The dream suite lets you visit a copy of an island. This means that you can explore as much as you want without the island's owner having to worry about your actions (It's a dream state! None of it will be permanent!).

It also means that the island you're visiting doesn't need open gates, you can just kinda hop over and check on it whenever! It's pretty neat for those that like to look around, because finding a random island to tour can be a bit difficult especially to those not as involved in the community.

Same, it makes me kinda sad to see people getting left out on certain features but on the other hand I really can't start helping them with it because there wouldn't be an end :(

Nintendo has been notoriously bad at online services (heck, my NNID password was breached twice not too long ago and since it's unique it was definitely on them). I really hope that with these subscriptions they'll manage to turn that around eventually!
I just feel bad I guess. Thank goodness I just got some money for graduation or even I couldn't get the membership..aaah..I forgot about NNID I could never get it to work on my ds or wii u. Aah I see Nintendo is trying though. The switch membership isn't horrible..

Oh my God, DREAMS!!!!! It will be so amazing to visit other people mazes! Like Crunchy Island ones!
I am so excited!!!

:eek:o_O

WOO!! IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS UPDATE AAAA,,

i can't wait to be able to visit many different islands, and as the person above said, many cool story/horror islands!! This brings so many new opportunities, and will surely help give people inspiration!! Can't wait to do some cozy exploring :)

The fireworks also sound great, I can't wait to see how you impliment custom desgins into those!

Also, the backups part is great, as you never know what will happen to your switch, or your save file.

Anyways, i'm overall really excited and I can't wait to experience the update in august!! <3

The little things in this update get me. The animation of the boppers bopping. I saw a fan in Redd's little pop up more fans maybe? The animation of waving the sparkler reminds me of me when I wave sparklers irl because I wave them in that exact same way even moving the balloon up and down is cute! The fireworks look gorgeous and the bubbles look pretty aah the first half of the video was pleasing for me. I need that star bopper for milky and they better have the heart one !!

I'm excited for fireworks! I never used the dream suite that much in NL.
I'm ready to stand at Redd's raffle for an hour so I can get all the prizes >u<

I'm excited for fireworks! I never used the dream suite that much in NL.
I'm ready to stand at Redd's raffle for an hour so I can get all the prizes >u<
I hardly ever use the dream suit either so i'm more excited for Redd's cute little prizes! Star bopoer for Milky please 🥺

I'm excited for the balloons and hopefully, different shapes and colors as well as the party blower.
I hope they included the bunny balloons and the flower and heart boppers. Aaah I just can't wait to get so many cute pictures with friends with the fireworks especially since it's right before my birthday!!

I'm excited about the dream suite and I'm relieved it's not it's own building. So ready to tour some new islands and get inspired! Love how we can grab codes too!

Back