• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Let us translate! [Animal Crossing: New Leaf Translation Thread]

I think he asked me because he didn't want incomprehensible garble that Google translate blurts out...

Translation: I went to the Post office today to send a thank you letter to my mom, because she sent me some fruit♪ The Post office's Pelly had previously worked at the town hall, although it wasn't with me (**Shizue is clearly talking because of this distinction). Pelly always has a smile and works hard. I hope that I can become like her someday!

Thank you! :)

Latest tweet:
t0ho4p.png

Picture: (never before seen!)
28lctvn.png

Saratoga, translation of each please? ^.^

A52lcq4CYAAPBA-.jpg

みなさ~ん、おはようございます!今朝は実家の母からフルーツが届きました♪フルーツはどれもおいしいですけど、村の特産フルーツだけは、とってもおいしく育つことがあるんです!見た目もちょっと違いますから、探してみてくださいね!

Now you can see it better :).

haha, thanks for that xD

Latest tweet:
t0ho4p.png

Picture: (never before seen!)
28lctvn.png

Saratoga, translation of each please? ^.^

Sure no problem! Thanks for posting them and not just saying "translate the latest tweet", makes it a lot easier for me :)

Translation: Everybody! Good morning! This morning, on the beach there was a sailor who was passed out... It seems that he lost his memory and thus has no idea where his destination is. Thank goodness that someone very kind was able to help Johnny get his memory back!

Johnny's dialogue box: Where was I headed to anyway?

Did this get overlooked? it could be information-packed! :D

I got it when I picked up my Famitsu and Nintendo Dream this week. Basically its a glorified ad, showing off pictures of the game. But the good stuff is in the back, where they have empty spaces for fish, fossils, bugs and ocean goodies so you can write what you have already gotten and for how much it sold. So that is pretty cool.

First:
30ct36w.png

Second:
9bhuyu.png

The first one, the blue says "Welcome!" and I think they're talking about the guy's hat (”カプ”), because in the next photo, it looks like he's saying "Wow! I got this hat for 409 bells!" I believe yabai is a word with many meanings... that's just my basic Japanese knowledge though. I'll leave any fixing to saratoga :) 

Last edited:
Thanks saratoga!! Got a couple more, sorry!!

First:
30ct36w.png

Second:
9bhuyu.png

The first picture:

"My best friends are coming one after another to sell their turnips. If they go sight-seeing while they are here, the village will liven up and everyone will be cheerful."

Blue: Welcome!
Yellow: Time to pull out my turnips.
Green: I should have bought more turnips!
Pink: I made a profit!

The second picture:

"It's times like this when you really want to let your best friends know, am I right? If you are best friends (New Feature), then you can chat online together without leaving your village. Easily use the chat for things like normal, casual conversations a preparing to meet-up, so it’s really convenient."

Speech Bubble: Woah!! Turnips are 409 bells!!!

Note: I did not use Google Translate

Last edited:
The first one, the blue says "Welcome!" and I think they're talking about the guy's hat (”カプ”), because in the next photo, it looks like he's saying "Wow! I got this hat for 409 bells!" I believe yabai is a word with many meanings... that's just my basic Japanese knowledge though. I'll leave any fixing to saratoga :) 

It is not カプ with a P, it is カブ with a B which means turnip. I can translate this when I get home, I am heading off to school now though. (if you want to write the word "cap" as in hat it would have to キャップ or the more appropiate 帽子 anyways).

Edit: Seems somebody beat me to it. But yeah, there you go^^

Last edited:
That page is way too long for me to do. But basically its an FAQ about things having to do with your town. The first question for example is "How many people can play on one (cart) game? and it says that you can make one village per game and that the first character/player will be the mayor, and you can subsequently have up to four players.

......the first character/player will be the mayor, and you can subsequently have up to four players.

So my prediction was right from the start

Here is how I see it, the first Character you create upon town creation is the mayor, and other players you make will just be people who live in the town.

Quote from: 06-08-2012, 01:06 PM http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?61522-More-than-one-player-town&highlight=mayor+work

I kind of like it that way. Since it's a handheld console it seems less likely that it's shared among multiple people, so of course the owner of the console and the first one to make a villager should be the one in charge.

Plus you can't have 3 more characters created and go through the same first-day mayoral duties. Imagine: a village with 4 town trees! :p

That page also clarifies that voice chat will not be supported, sadly.... Maybe we can set up a Ventrilo channel instead.

Back