• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Let us translate! [Animal Crossing: New Leaf Translation Thread]

I think that getting rare fruits could become a new kind of favor for villagers. They actually request the rare fruit, and we receive furniture and stuff. So it's kind of like hunting for bugs or furniture for them, but it's fruit.

I kind of like this rare fruit concept. It'll give me more incentive to shake down the fruit in my trees in the hopes of a rare one sprouting next time! If that's how it works anyways. Seems like it'd be too easy to get them any other way.

I kind of like this rare fruit concept. It'll give me more incentive to shake down the fruit in my trees in the hopes of a rare one sprouting next time! If that's how it works anyways. Seems like it'd be too easy to get them any other way.

I think this is the most logical way of getting them..

'The specialty fruit of your town'
Does this mean that you can only get one of these specialfruits from your starter fruit?

Well that would give more incentive for players to want to visit the towns of other people they know. |: Just means I'll have less access to special fruits unless I manage to get Wifi working on my 3DS in the future.

I think this is the most logical way of getting them..

'The specialty fruit of your town'
Does this mean that you can only get one of these specialfruits from your starter fruit?
That is how I took it to mean. In the picture they have cherries, which is probably the "fruit of that town", if you will. From that, you can get the "delicious fruit" (in this case: cherries), which have some kind of special significance over the normal every day cherries.

That is how I took it to mean. In the picture they have cherries, which is probably the "fruit of that town", if you will. From that, you can get the "delicious fruit" (in this case: cherries), which have some kind of special significance over the normal every day cherries.

thats how i see it too ^.^
it will make it fun though trading the special fruits for other special ones with everybody though and try to grow it ^.^

This reminds me a lot of the "shining" crops you can get in Harvest Moon! XD Sounds awesome! Extra delicious fruit~ I wonder if those would be worth 500 instead of just the standard 100.... hmmm :O

This reminds me a lot of the "shining" crops you can get in Harvest Moon! XD Sounds awesome! Extra delicious fruit~ I wonder if those would be worth 500 instead of just the standard 100.... hmmm :O

Yeah! That is probably a really good way to look at it! I wonder about the price too...will it be the same as a piece of foreign fruit would sell for (500)? or even more? (like 800, 1000?) or maybe somewhere in the middle (300)? I wonder~.

Edit: Didn't want to double post so I'll add this in here. Translation of the new overview trailer is up!! Please watch and comment on there if it's useful to you :) I do this all for the charity of it, but some feedback always helps :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxfYt_pis7Q&feature=g-user-u

Last edited:
Yeah! That is probably a really good way to look at it! I wonder about the price too...will it be the same as a piece of foreign fruit would sell for (500)? or even more? (like 800, 1000?) or maybe somewhere in the middle (300)? I wonder~.

Edit: Didn't want to double post so I'll add this in here. Translation of the new overview trailer is up!! Please watch and comment on there if it's useful to you :) I do this all for the charity of it, but some feedback always helps :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxfYt_pis7Q&feature=g-user-u

It's supremely useful as usual! Your videos are probably my favorites, because I don't like voice dubs, and your translations are always well timed and don't sound awkward like they can be. I liked watching this one, because it answered a couple of little nitpicky things that I had been wondering. Like, I think it's funny that a misunderstanding is what's going to cause us being mayor. I'm sure it will be really humorous. Plus, Hamsuke the Hamster is the cutest name ever! Although, I could see then changing it to Hamstar in english versions because he's a hamster who wears a star shirt.

Thank you so much for this!! I love this one because you also translated what certain options mean, which I'm going to need since I'm getting the Japanese version :)

That is awesome :) I hope its useful to you then! If you get the game and don't know of some menu, you can always take a picture and I can help you out. It might take a few hours or whatever, but you'll for sure get a response^^

Has someone already posted this?
found it on tumblr:

tumblr_mc1lp88LFf1ril62uo1_1280.jpg

Grace Grace
Business Hours 9:00AM~9:00PM

Grace “As you can see, that is a Grace Bench. Isn’t the design beautiful?”

↑When MameTsubu’s shop expands into a department store, a branch office is opened on the 3rd floor. It’s a boutique filled with high-class items.
A genius designer’s high society shop.

so Gracie's new shop will be on the 3rd floor of the upgraded shop of Timmy & Tommy

The image has been posted a few times before. Haven't seen the translation before though! Good to hear she has her store back.

Thanks for posting that! I went to three different book stores today to get my copy of Nintendo Dream but they were all sold out. Will check again tomorrow though :)

So I don't double post, I will add some tweet translations to this post! (From oldest to newest)

#1 (10/18/12, 2:11pm)
coffee1a.jpg
Everyone~~ Good afternoon! Now, I am relaxing while drinking some coffee to-go! The coffee of person who is working part time here is really tasty!

#2 (10/18/12, 3:52pm).
[News]: The webpage for Animal Crossing has been updated. There is also a video there that you can watch.

#3 (10/19/12, 3:17pm)
reddtent.jpg
Everyone~~! This week has really gone by quickly! Today at the town's plaza, I happened to come across this tent. It's only sometimes that you'll come across this tent, but I wonder what is going on inside it? I'm going to go check it out!

#4 (10/19/12, 3:30pm)
reddtent2.jpg
Tweet translation: "Crazy Redd's" tent deals with works of art like paintings and sculptures. Because the shopkeeper Redd will randomly set up shop, be sure not to miss him! In the shop however, it's rumored that he will sell imitation (counterfeit/fake) items, so you have to be careful and 100% make sure before you buy anything!

Redd's dialogue translation: Here you'll be able to find famous pieces of art for amazing bargain prices! Now is your chance if you want to buy anything!

Last edited:
Oh, wow. xD I guessed right about her being part of the upgrade for Timmy and Tommy's shop! I can't say I've ever done that before! :)

Back