Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4607-9247-1698
Feedback
100% (9) +
I've got Lucky moving out of my cycling town so I figured I'd do a contest to give him away. The winner will be chosen at 5pm EST on April 1st.

To enter the contest you can do any of the following:
-Draw my mayor (Here is a few pictures of my mayor, along with a couple pictures of the pattern my shirt is based off of)
-Draw any of my three favorite villagers (Snake, Fang, Phoebe)
-Draw a funny animal crossing picture
-Write a short story about Lucky

The FC for my cycling town is 2191-7868-1544

This is also being posted on Reddit

Due to some unforeseen stuff, deadline has been extended to 8pm EST
If you are unable to pick up Lucky when I choose a winner, I will absolutely hold him for you until you are able to pick him up.

Since I've loved all these entries, I've decided to give prizes for second and third place winners, so that they can have some bells to buy the next Lucky that may come along.
-First place will, of course, receive Lucky
-Second place gets 2mil bells
-Third places gets 1mil bells

These art contests are awesome! I'll definitely be doing more of them in the future when really cool villages come into my cycling town!

-First place winner is user InkieRetro over on Reddit for their super-awesome Metal Gear entry
khFHmCd.jpg

-Second place winner is minaraye439

-Third place winner is user AwkwardAbsol over on Reddit for their very well-written short story!
Alright, here's my short story! It starts out a bit sad but it gets happier, I promise! Anyway, I hope you like it!
Lucky had boxed up his belongings and hopped on the train. Ever since he had moved out, he hadn't really felt loved or accepted. He sat down in his seat, and let out a heavy sigh. He clawed at his bandages. Why him? Why did he have to get in that stupid accident, why couldn't anyone look past them and love him for who he was? Sure, people would want to talk to him. But it wasn't because they were interested in him; no, they wanted to know about the bandages that covered his body. They wanted to know what happened, why he looked the way he did. When he refused to tell them, they ridiculed him; they said that he just did it for attention and that he wasn't actually hurt. If they only knew the pain he felt every day...
Lucky leaned back his head and cried quietly, biting his lower lip in an effort to keep quiet. The tears soaked into his bandages. He had no idea what to do, he was so exhausted. He hated all this traveling; he just wanted to be loved for once. 'For a Dog named Lucky,' he thought, 'I'm not very lucky at all...'
. . .
Lucky had fallen asleep. He tossed and turned as the images of his nightmare flashed by, in his mind. Lucky felt a building anxiety in his stomach, as if he’d lived through this before. Lucky and his brother were fishing at the dock. “I’m going to win the fishing tournament, Lucky! You might as well just pack up and go home!”
“No way, I’m the best fisherman in the family!” Lucky casted his prized Silver Fishing Rod, and waited. There was something about the moments of fierce competition with his brother that he loved, although he would never admit it. Before he knew it, his little brother had a nibble. “Aw, yeah! This is a big one!” he boasted, before he started sliding in the sand. “A… Really… Big one…”
The line jerked, and the shark on the line swam up to the surface, ready to have a late night snack. “NO!” Lucky shouted, charging towards the shark. Lucky was still a child himself, but he didn’t care. He would die trying to save his brother. He jumped on the shark and bit its nose hard, growling. The shark swam away, before attacking him. Lucky screamed, trying to swim away, but the shark’s grip was too strong…
A familiar feline nudged him. "Hey, Lucky--”
“NO!” Lucky screamed. Rover was startled; he had heard about Lucky’s nightmares, but he had never been around him when he had them. He placed a hand on his shoulder and rubbed it gently, comforting him the best way he knew how.
“This is the last stop. Why don't you get some rest? There's a nice campsite in Corcrest."
Lucky silently nodded, grabbing his things and exiting the train. He wondered around, not tired anymore after the traumatic nightmare. He decided to walk down the path and sit on the log bench next to the river. He looked up at the starry sky, listening to the sounds of the river and thinking about what had happened to him and his brother. The doctors and his family had called him lucky, but he never felt lucky. Lucky would’ve been his brother surviving. He grabbed the bandages on his legs tightly, and bit his lower lip. “I’m so sorry…” he muttered. “But at least now nothing can hurt you like that again. At least you’re safe, up there…”
Mayor Dillon was planting flowers around the walkway, when he saw Lucky for the first time. He paused and stared at the dog for a second. Was this a new villager? He walked over to the log bench. “Hey, you’re up pretty late. Is there anything I can help you with? Are you new in town?” he asked.
Lucky was startled by the mayor, but looked down shortly after. ‘It’s getting dark out. The only reason he isn’t freaking out is because he can’t see my face.’ He thought to himself. “I’m fine, thank you. And I decided to camp here for the night. Speaking of, I probably should go set up my tent.”
“You haven’t set up your tent yet?” Mayor Dillon asked, shaking his head. He thought for a few moments, before finally speaking. “It’s too late to set up a tent now. I have a spare bedroom, though. Would you like to spend the night? I don’t normally do things like this, but I have a good vibe from you. I want to help you out.”
“No, it’s fine, really. I don’t want to burden you like that.” Lucky said. The truth was, he had felt really lonely and would enjoy the company. But he didn’t want to put anyone through any unnecessary hardships.
“It’s no burden! Come on, I won’t take no for an answer.” Mayor Dillon grabbed his hand to show him where they were going, before letting go. “Is your hand alright? I felt bandages. I hope I didn’t hurt you.”
“No, it’s fine.” Lucky said, grabbing the mayor’s hand back. He wouldn't admit it, but he loved how the mayor grabbed his hand. It made him feel wanted; it made him feel normal, like he did before he got the bandages. “My name’s Lucky, by the way.”
“It’s very nice to meet you, Lucky! I’m Dillon, the mayor of this town.” They walked inside, and Lucky’s heart sank. He was afraid that his new friend would think of him differently now that he can see his bandages. He was terrified that he would think of him differently. That he would think he was a freak. Dillon walked into the middle of the room. “This is my home! It’s nothing really special, but make yourself at home!” he turned around. Dillon’s expression was initially surprised, followed by concern. “Oh, so it was more than just your arm…” he noted. “Are you okay? Do you want to lie down?
Lucky looked down and nodded. “Yeah, I’m fine. The pain isn’t so bad throughout the day. The mornings are tough though.”
Dillon nodded, thinking for a moment. He grabbed his hand and took him to the east room, decorated in the Gorgeous bedroom set. He brought Lucky over to the bed and dug through the dresser drawers, and laid a bag of medicine on the top. “It’s no fun being in pain like that all the time like that, especially in the mornings. So, I’m going to leave this medicine here for you for when you wake up, hopefully it’ll help.”
Lucky was so surprised. He hadn’t been treated with this kind of kindness since before he moved out of his parents’ house. “Thank you…” was all he was able to say. It was amazing; people had always halfheartedly asked about his pain, but Dillon actually wanted to help and do what little he could to ease his suffering. For once, Lucky felt like he might have a true friend. When he went to bed that night, there was no doubt in his mind. He HAD to move to Corcrest.

Last edited:
Lucky was outside my house in my town i could hear a soft knock at the door I slowly opening the doer to see lucky outside I let him in he said he wanted me to find a apple for ankha I looking at him there was a tree just outside my house I went outside to get him one I give it to him he smiled and ran off

Picture can be found here;
harvest-the-moon.tumblr.com ((sorry I could post a picture..))
Look under the tag; 'my art'

Are we allowed to do any combination of them for multiple entrires? ^u^ I definitely wanna enter no matter what!!

I would love to draw a picture but I don't know how to upload them D:
Do you think I could email them to you?

Last edited:
I'm glad you like them!! I was going to add Fang too but I ran out of time haha

I really want to get Lucky for my friend, he's her number 1 dreamie and she's been looking for him forever, so I promised to help her out :)

Hopefully I did well enough Dx Fingers crossed

Last edited:
I would love to draw a picture but I don't know how to upload them D:
Do you think I could email them to you?

To upload pictures on here, there's a little picture icon in the top bar (looks like a framed tree), it's the third icon from the right. If you can't figure it out (it took me a while to figure it out, so don't feel bad) I'll send you a PM with my email.

I'm currently trying to TT Zell out, if by some miracle I won, I might need an extra day. D: I also have work tonight.

i hope u lyk my drawin, i worked 4eva on it

11e0e8c4-9679-428b-98e4-54da7545eeea_zpsf782486a.jpg

is it ok if i enter the contest and get him for a friend? >.< i've got him already, but he's one of her dreamies and everyone wants either a ton of bells for him or another popular villager ;;

is it ok if i enter the contest and get him for a friend? >.< i've got him already, but he's one of her dreamies and everyone wants either a ton of bells for him or another popular villager ;;

Yeah, that's no problem. :)

Picture can be found here;
harvest-the-moon.tumblr.com ((sorry I could post a picture..))
Look under the tag; 'my art'

Which picture is it? I'm sorry, I'm not a regular user of tumblr, haha. XD These are all really great by the way.

Doing a drawing for you but it's taking a lot longer than I would've liked... Does it have to be coloured in lol

Here's my entry :3

I love it! How do people even choose a winner out of all of these? XD I wish I had enough Luckys to give to everyone.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Doing a drawing for you but it's taking a lot longer than I would've liked... Does it have to be coloured in lol

It doesn't have to be. You still have about three hours until I choose, so you've still got some time. :D

It doesn't have to be. You still have about three hours until I choose, so you've still got some time. :D
Oh no you're picking by which drawing is best. D: I assumed it was by random generator, my paint drawing is the absolute shiits lmao. Oh well, I still hold some hope.

Oh no you're picking by which drawing is best. D: I assumed it was by random generator, my paint drawing is the absolute shiits lmao. Oh well, I still hold some hope.

I'm choosing by all kinds of criteria. Your picture made me giggle, so it has a chance. :) There's a pretty good one on the Reddit posting for this where someone drew Snake as an actual snake. They did it on an iPod app, so I wouldn't exactly call it fine art, but it did make me laugh. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back