• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Update Coming 4/28!

PLS GOD I HOPE SO. THAT MEANS SOME OF MY FAVORITE ITEMS FROM THE NEW LEAF AMIIBOS WILL BE COMING BACK. HNNGHH 😭😭😭💛💛
Post automatically merged:

Welp, that ruined my hopes and dreams. :’3
Top 10 Anime betrayals.

I don't think this update is super great, but I do like some of the stuff we are still getting. The fish flag looks nice and I hope it is all wavy and animate in the wind.

While I would be disappointed if in the life run of this game we don't get shop upgrades, Brewster, gyroids ect, I could also deal without them. My issue though is I really want more reasons for us to connect with our friends. I would love to have mini-games come back and all the cute little prizes you could buy from competing. Like the toy hammer that squeaks whenever you bonk someone over the head. I had a group of friends on NL and it was so fun meeting up at everyone's town, checking the scenes, and then hitting the games.

I want that in NH and a part of me feels like it's just not going to happen and that is disappointing.

Last edited:
Welp, that ruined my hopes and dreams. :’3

As much as I don't want to give myself and other people false hope, it does make you wonder why that house exists when there are 397 villager exteriors to choose from. Of course, one can argue that they made it just for show. But still, it's curious.

A part of me says that this house wasn't supposed to be shown yet. But that's just me again clinging to something that will only result to another disappointment, and that's because I choose to do so.

The update is coming in less than two hours, and I hope they discover something unannounced in the datamine.

As much as I don't want to give myself and other people false hope, it does make you wonder why that house exists when there are 397 villager exteriors to choose from.

A part of me says that this house wasn't supposed to be shown yet. But that's just me again clinging to something that will only result to another disappointment, and that's because I choose to do so.

The update is coming in less than two hours, and I hope they discover something unannounced in the datamine.

My guess would be development tools were used to 'create' a save file to use for the promotional work, and the house was erroneously called/created.

The update is live as of four minutes ago, for anyone wondering! There was unfortunately no update gift or letter, though.

The update just came out. Please keep me updated if there is like any hidden features or if the events are like time locked because I am really unsure.

Edit: I time traveled to May Day on April 29th and I can confirm its not time locked.

Edit 2: Just finished the May Day Event 2021.
It plays exactly the same as last year. Isabelle mentions that there is May Day Tour happening around April 29th, 2021. You go talk to Tom Nook and he mentions that there is a May Day Ticket for you at the Dodo Airlines. The Maze itself is different from last year and its a bit a hard one to complete. Once you finished the maze, Rover is there and he doesn't give you the Briefcase like last year, instead he will write you a letter. You have to wait tomorrow for this happened. When you check your mailbox the next day you will get a new gift from Rover in the Mail and its "Rover's Photo". So just like last year its a one day event meaning that once you do it once you cannot redo it again unless you have additional users.

Edit 3: International Museum Day is also not time locked and it plays exactly the same, just they added the new Stamps to the Art Gallery.

Edit 4: The Wedding Season in June is Time Locked.

Last edited:
im so happy 🥺🖤 i had no idea the carp banner would be so big! its so cool
725AB33F-2A48-4FF4-AA3B-8BC4906F48F1.jpeg

Datamine things:
- The museum plaques cost and sell more now
- New held items were discovered: Cnut, GlDr, Trwl, DStk, Pitc, SpnR, Pict, STWN, CoCa, TaDr, SnBa
- There are changes to the order in which villager dialogues show up throughout the day
- For a list of all the new items, check here: https://dodocodes.com/articles/updates/animal-crossing-new-horizons-1100-update
- This update has an internal label of "Summer1st2021" indicating a second part is in the horizon (Source)

MAJOR DISCOVERIES!!!
- Evidence of fence customization
- Evidence of another museum floor/level/upgrade
- A cafe room referenced in the camera settings code

Source:
https://dodocodes.com/articles/updates/animal-crossing-new-horizons-1100-update

Edit: Refer to this more updated post I made:

Last edited:
-snip-

MAJOR DISCOVERIES!!!
- Evidence of Fence customization
- Evidence of 3rd Museum floor
- Café entrance, camera settings

Alright, we've been burned by poorly done datamines before (new shop upgrade anyone?) but I think that the above + the evidence of a second summer update is looking very promising. Definitely some sketchy stuff going on in the game code right now!

Makes me wonder if this update was just to get the seasonal stuff unlocked while they finalise a bigger update? Or whether this second summer update is still months away. (It could technically drop, like, end of August. Yikes)

Makes me wonder if this update was just to get the seasonal stuff unlocked while they finalise a bigger update? Or whether this second summer update is still months away. (It could technically drop, like, end of August. Yikes)
the way some dataminers have been seeing it it sounds like this update and the (supposed) next update may have been one big one split into two. obviously there's no way to tell if the bigger things that were found this update are for sure coming in the next one but it does soften the blow of how minimal this one is. fingers crossed!

Alright, we've been burned by poorly done datamines before (new shop upgrade anyone?) but I think that the above + the evidence of a second summer update is looking very promising. Definitely some sketchy stuff going on in the game code right now!

It's not that the previous datamines were "poorly done", Nintendo was just good at removing and cleaning up the code to hide it. These were initially on the code but were removed on 1.2.0. But now it's on the code again.

It's not that the previous datamines were "poorly done", Nintendo was just good at removing and cleaning up the code to hide it. These were initially on the code but were removed on 1.2.0. But now it's on the code again.
I wonder why they got sloppy again with the code. Maybe they saw all the people complaining about the lack of content in the update so they wanted to deliberately "leak" that we would be getting multi-part summer updates again 😂

It's not that the previous datamines were "poorly done", Nintendo was just good at removing and cleaning up the code to hide it. These were initially on the code but were removed on 1.2.0. But now they it's on the code again.

The way I understood it, the extra state for the shop that was seen as the secret upgrade ended up just being the version of it that's surrounded by scaffolds (while it is being built). Please do correct me if that's wrong. But yes, they definitely have cleaned up their code in the past! Which could still mean that it was scrapped, rather than hidden (because why would you hide something that is already found)?

I don't think datamines are always a holy grail of certainty, since there is always some interpretation left to be done by the person looking at the data. But we have a few separate interesting additions in the code now, and that's very promising if you ask me!

the way some dataminers have been seeing it it sounds like this update and the (supposed) next update may have been one big one split into two. obviously there's no way to tell if the bigger things that were found this update are for sure coming in the next one but it does soften the blow of how minimal this one is. fingers crossed!

I do agree with them there, it seems pretty obvious from the source. What concerns me is that a "summer part two update" could still take a long while to arrive, though, since summer has barely even begun. They did add most of event things for the next few months at least, so another update in that time likely wouldn't be *another* wave of seasonal stuff... ^^' We can only wait to find out!

I wonder why they got sloppy again with the code. Maybe they saw all the people complaining about the lack of content in the update so they wanted to deliberately "leak" that we would be getting multi-part summer updates again 😂
No, it's not being sloppy. It only means that they are working on this stuff again, that's why references to it were found. It's not intentionally done to leak stuff. Before Sanrio amiibo update was released, they also discovered alterations to the Sanrio characters' codes.

No, it's not being sloppy. It only means that they are working on this stuff again, that's why references to it were found. It's not intentionally done to leak stuff. Before Sanrio amiibo update was released, they also discovered alterations to the Sanrio characters' codes.
Ah I didn't realize they actually would remove stuff from the code when they weren't working on it. Granted I've never worked on video games, but every bit of code I've ever seen has been a massive spaghetti pile of 'stuff that is actually in use' and 'stuff that doesn't do anything but we're afraid to remove it'

So I discovered a minor new feature added to the game. So when you go to a Dream Island from the Dream Suite you can Press "minus" and choose "I want to wake up". So if you want to save time and not go back on the bed to wake up this new feature is going to be so helpful. I welcome that. The Dream Suite has gotten a lot more better now.
Post automatically merged:

The update just came out. Please keep me updated if there is like any hidden features or if the events are like time locked because I am really unsure.

Edit: I time traveled to May Day on April 29th and I can confirm its not time locked.

Edit 2: Just finished the May Day Event 2021.
It plays exactly the same as last year. Isabelle mentions that there is May Day Tour happening around April 29th, 2021. You go talk to Tom Nook and he mentions that there is a May Day Ticket for you at the Dodo Airlines. The Maze itself is different from last year and its a bit a hard one to complete. Once you finished the maze, Rover is there and he doesn't give you the Briefcase like last year, instead he will write you a letter. You have to wait tomorrow for this happened. When you check your mailbox the next day you will get a new gift from Rover in the Mail and its "Rover's Photo". So just like last year its a one day event meaning that once you do it once you cannot redo it again unless you have additional users.

Edit 3: International Museum Day is also not time locked and it plays exactly the same, just they added the new Stamps to the Art Gallery.

Edit 4: The Wedding Season in June is Time Locked.
Also the Wedding Season from last year has been removed.

Last edited:
i’m torn on how to feel about this update tbh. on one hand, i’m disappointed with the fact that this is yet another update that solely focuses on events and new seasonal items but on the other, i’m content starved so any update that adds something new is enough to excite me, even if only for a little while.
F7CD6C5F-BBA5-43AD-A730-90F6EC75BC70.png

ya’ll have no idea how happy i am about this. rover is one of my favourite npcs and i can’t wait to see him again + add his photo to my collection. 🥺

Meh kinda lame I'm underwhelmed but I do like the new wedding items. I'm really hoping the next update is better.

Back