• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Year, New Horizons! - ACNH Blogging Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Saturday! ☀️

As some of you have already spotted, this week @LaBelleFleur, @Mick, and I went through all of the journals submitted to the New Year, New Horizons contest and marked all of the entries that met the criteria with the green "Eligible" prefix. This prefix indicates which journals are you able to nominate in the event. For example, in the screenshot below you can see that Asarena's journal has the "Eligible" prefix whereas Mick's journal does not. Any votes for Mick's journal would be wasted because his entry has not progressed to this phase of the event (although it is a very enjoyable read!).

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 08.46.47.png

So, what does this mean?
It means that you are now able to place your votes for your favourite journals in the following categories:

• Best Comedy: the journal that made you laugh hardest!​
  • Best Slice-of-Life: best journal of everyday island life.​
  • Best Writing: the journal that contained the most well-written entries.​
  • Best Screenshots: the journal that contained the best screenshots.​

To place your votes, please go to the New Year, New Horizons Nominations board and use the "More options..." button to bring up the nomination form. Do not submit your votes in the main text box they will not be counted.

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 08.54.02.png

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 08.53.16.png

Make sure to submit your votes by 11:59PM EST on Saturday, 25th February 2023. After you have done that, sit back, relax and wait for the winners to announced! Good luck! 🥳

maybe it’s just me but when I went to cast my votes I didn’t see a spot for best writing.or maybe I missed it?
Never mind it showed up when I went to edit it .

Ahhhh, I’m so excited to vote! It’s so hard to choose since there are so many amazing journals. 🌱📔 I’m glad we have a handful of categories to nominate for.

Edit: so just to clarify, to vote we make a post in the linked forum with our nominations in it?

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone! I've already been looking through all the blogs and idk who to pick for "best comedy" and "best slice of life". Imma give myself a day or 2 to think about it.

Good luck to the participants of the contest! There's so many journal entries to choose from. Normally this kind of contest would conclude with a staff pick in set, but this time the voting phase made me anticipate about the contest a lot more! 😀

"Now it's elimination round time!
Who will be the victor in taking home the titles for the contest?"

I'm so relieved to see the "Eligible" next to my journal. Now I know for 100% sure that the Lost Book Collectible is mine. Since I've never done any journaling before I was worried I'd screw up & not get the Participation Prizes. They were all I was focused on & all I was hoping to receive. Woo hoo! Thank you, Staff!

To anyone who read my journal, thank you! I know it wasn't anything special but I hope you enjoyed it.

Good luck to everyone! I hope all your journals get nominated for at least one category!

I finally voted but I'm a little mad that I couldn't vote for all my favs....
Congrats to everybody who participated, it was certainly not easy to write ten entries with photos, and some even added drawings and extras, wow! I really enjoyed your stories :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back