• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Next Nintendo Direct Predictions Thread

Yeah, well....those idiots were too busy with Fire Emblem and that shipping mess to give me my birthday wish. My son is hoping for a release somewhere around his birthday, but since he loves Luigi, I think he will be happy with Luigi's Mansion, which comes out the day before his birthday.

Luigi's Mansion is gonna be awesome. Your son has good taste in games :p

I just hope AC:NL[ENG] is released in the earlier months, I'm just watching videos of people playing the JP ver... making me jealous

And I'd let you eat mine as well. I've been dying for this game since that one E3.

Exactly. I've been waiting very impatiently since E3 2010 and now that it's getting down to the wire, it's all but driving me insane!

I didn't think of it till now. My son is going to play NL in a few years I bet. It better be great! :)

If it's not tomorrow I just think the day after tomorrow, and so on. As soon as a release date is announced for Animal Crossing, I won't care for Nintendo Directs any more.

I just want a release date.

For a release date I'd guess maybe May 19th? Recent releases appear to happen on Sundays and it just seems like a good day because its before E3 and its still in the Q2.

Just on a hunch (since that is all I have to go on)... I think the North American release will be on April Fool's Day (April 1st). Why? Only because I think that would be hilarious. :D Also, Nintendo has been so cagy about specifying whether the North American release would be 1st or 2nd quarter, and I believe (maybe?) that would be the first day of the second quarter.

There may or may not be a Nintendo Direct, maybe in March? But maybe ACNL for North America will not be mentioned.

OK, I know these wild guesses sound illogical, but then, I don't think that Nintendo's actions concerning the North American release of this game has been terribly logical in some other respects (such as whipping up demand for this game three or more years prior to its release). So, I am trying to think outside the box.

Last edited:
Just on a hunch (since that is all I have to go on)... I think the North American release will be on April Fool's Day (April 1st). Why? Only because I think that would be hilarious. :D Also, Nintendo has been so cagy about specifying whether the North American release would be 1st or 2nd quarter, and I believe (maybe?) that would be the first day of the second quarter.

There may or may not be a Nintendo Direct, maybe in March? But maybe ACNL for North America will not be mentioned.

OK, I know these wild guesses sound illogical, but then, I don't think that Nintendo's actions concerning the North American release of this game has been terribly logical in some other respects (such as whipping up demand for this game three or more years prior to its release). So, I am trying to think outside the box.
That would be pretty hilarious though if they just released it and never mentioned it an actual release date, but Nintendo is probably gonna give this game some proper marketing. Only problem with that release date is that it is only a week after Luigi's Mansion releases which kinda stinks cause that would be a hilarious release date.

I wonder if it's going to be before E3 or after. To me it would make more sense before because, all of the games they had announced for the 3DS from 2010-2011 for the 3DS that would be coming, would have come out (Luigi's Mansion, MK7, SM3DL, KI:U ect.) and we could get a bunch of new title announcements.

Well, I was kinda hoping it would be announced today, oh well... :(

Is there still time? I don't know...

Hopefully release is in April. Thinking that because Nintendo said for NA that it was "Early 2013" then again, they can always push those dates back... In my opinion, anything May and farther should not be considered early... May is almost half way through the year already, and shouldn't be considered "Early". April and earlier is "Early" because it is exactly the first third of the year. So I am thinking March (ABSOLUTE EARLIEST) or April. March seems too early because it is already half way through February, but you never know. I am definitely not getting my hopes up for March, April seems more reasonable.

I am sure the next Nintendo direct will be within the next 2-3 weeks, also including Animal Crossing: New Leaf for NA and possibly EU. They would be stupid not to because it already has been like 95 days (About 3 months) Since it was released in Japan, and over 900 days since it was first announced. Nothing has even been mentioned about the exact release for NA and EU. If they wait till May, they are gonna lose like half their sales, people are going to lose faith, forget about it and find something more entertaining, or refuse to buy because of their anger at Nintendo. I am fairly certain we will see New Leaf in our next Nintendo Direct.

THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! THE RELEASE NEEDS TO BE SOOOOOON!!!!

If it was in March I think we'd get the release date by now, alongside Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Luigi's Mansion, and Castlvania Mirror of Fate, which all have official release dates in March. I'm not sure if any games have been announced for April, so I think April might be our best bet. We had some Major games in Feb, such as Fire Emblem: Awakening, PES 2013, and Sonic Racing: Transformed. The games that I previously mentioned coming out next month. So, why not New Leaf in April? Hopefully we get a release date by the end of Feb or the start of March.

I'm guessing April at the earliest for the release and June for the latest. As for the next Nintendo Direct mentioning AC:NL I'm guessing March.

Well I've just looked at the dates of pervious Nintendo Directs and they all seem to be around the same date is October, December, February and April so I'm going for February 22nd or around that time!

Back